GOAT gaming system NES--SNES--N64--PS1--Dreamcast Vol NO next gen here

Repped for tomba

Had that playstation underground subscription and it was on a demo disc

Loved that game

SNES > 

they made the standard for the console controller you're using today.

Twisted Metal III was *** coming after Twisted Metal II :lol: there was no comparison between those

i went from nes,genesis(wanted snes so bad) and finally stayed on PlayStation.
Playstation was god like from 96 to 2001til 2 came out

goat ps1 game imo MGS! (how many people were upset that og metal gear started on nes but mgs never made it n64 but made it to game cube) :lol:

final fantasy 7,8,
pa rappa
tekken
gran turismo
resident evil
socom
street fighter alpha 3 and ex
og tomb raider
BLOODY ROAR
memory cards :rofl:

there were so much more heat for nes but they saved it for gamecube and that started the return of nintendo imo otherwise sony was murdering it :smokin

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Retro Gaming Thread?
nerd.gif

N64
Golden Eye and Wcw vs NWO too many hours

Dreamcast could've been the goat tho.

The 64 >

That pic of it with Goldeneye in the OP got me foaming at the mouth.

Was thinking of buying a used one off ebay or something. Anybody have one that works well? I remember how much those things froze back then so can't imagine how they'd be now.

ok. so i went thru all 6 pages and NOBODY mentioned Tony Hawks Pro Skater on N64? Yall trippin!

N64 is the greatest system of all time. It was the precursor of next gen.

Goldeneye 007. THE GOAT! LITERALLY the first splitscreen multiplayer shooter...ever. it started EVERYTHING. Also the accompanying movie was EXCELLENT

Tony Hawk's Pro skater - the beginning of all extreme sport games as we know it.

Rumble packs - the beginning of all rumble controllers

Memory cards - egh...didnt like this part lol but its influence is obvious

1080 Snowboarding

WaveRace 64 - still the only waverunner game to date right?

DiddyKong Racing

MarioKart/Mario 64

SuperSMASHBros?!?? COME ONNNNNNNNN

Turok

Rampage World Tour

Killer Instinct Gold

NBA JAM/Live/Courtside/Hangtime/Showtime

NFL Blitz!? Come onnnn

WWF/WCW Wrestling games

Pokemon Snap/Stadium

Ready 2 Rumble

The only other system thats debatable for 1st place is the ps2. sheer number of great titles alone makes it a contender. Also the graphical leap was just astounding. I remember getting the ps2 and just being blown away by the graphics of games like Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero and nfs

ok. so i went thru all 6 pages and NOBODY mentioned Tony Hawks Pro Skater on N64? Yall trippin!

N64 is the greatest system of all time. It was the precursor of next gen.
Goldeneye 007. THE GOAT! LITERALLY the first splitscreen multiplayer shooter...ever. it started EVERYTHING. Also the accompanying movie was EXCELLENT
Tony Hawk's Pro skater - the beginning of all extreme sport games as we know it.
Rumble packs - the beginning of all rumble controllers
Memory cards - egh...didnt like this part lol but its influence is obvious
1080 Snowboarding
WaveRace 64 - still the only waverunner game to date right?
DiddyKong Racing
MarioKart/Mario 64
SuperSMASHBros?!?? COME ONNNNNNNNN
Turok
Rampage World Tour
Killer Instinct Gold
NBA JAM/Live/Courtside/Hangtime/Showtime
NFL Blitz!? Come onnnn
WWF/WCW Wrestling games
Pokemon Snap/Stadium
Ready 2 Rumble

The only other system thats debatable for 1st place is the ps2. sheer number of great titles alone makes it a contender. Also the graphical leap was just astounding. I remember getting the ps2 and just being blown away by the graphics of games like Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero and nfs

Pro skater 2 was the goat. Insta classic

Power stone > smash bros. Come at me

House of the dead with the gun controller

Marvel 2 and cvs with the arcade stick controller

Sonic adventure one of the goat

Dreamcast got that on lock

Dreamcast was ahead of its time :pimp:

No, actually it was too late :lol:

What killed it was the PS2 dropping and blowing it out of the water in every way possible. If it would if released a year earlier it would of helped it a lot

Virtual Memory Units 
laugh.gif

Not gon lie, it was cool how you could see your plays in Madden on your VMU so your boy couldn't tell what play you were running.

Virtual Memory Units :lol:

Not gon lie, it was cool how you could see your plays in Madden on your VMU so your boy couldn't tell what play you were running.

It was a good idea, just very impractical. The battery died in like a day or 2 :lol:

I think he was talking about what Dreamcast was as far as being ahead of it's time, like the graphics and what it brought to gaming. The timing was really terrible though :smh: :lol: man I had invested so much into Dreamcast, I didn't want to give it up at all when PS2 cut them off. I was still playing Dreamcast well into it's decline before I finally bought PS2. If my VMUs didn't die, I probably would've played Dreamcast even longer

If it had a DVD player it would have lasted longer but the online was very innovative

Would of helped. The online was a good idea but just didn't work. The connection was horrible (56k :pimp:. :lol: )

It was a precursor to Xbox live though. You could argue that the OG Xbox was the next dreamcast. Microsoft helped make the DC if memory serves me correct

Last edited:
I think he was talking about what Dreamcast was as far as being ahead of it's time, like the graphics and what it brought to gaming. The timing was really terrible though :smh: :lol: man I had invested so much into Dreamcast, I didn't want to give it up at all when PS2 cut them off. I was still playing Dreamcast well into it's decline before I finally bought PS2. If my VMUs didn't die, I probably would've played Dreamcast even longer

The DC bridged the gap between arcade level and console. For all the youngins, arcades used to be SOOOO much better than home consoles it was ridiculous. It gave you a reason to play the arcade version because the console port sucked in comparison.

The DC basically was the arcade brought home after years of wishing it.

Last edited:
The DC bridged the gap between arcade level and console. For all the youngins, ax races used to be SOOOO much better than home consoles it was ridiculous. It gave you a reason to play the arcade version because the console port sucked in comparison.

The DC basically was the arcade brought home after years of wishing it.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! MVSC2 was arcade perfect!

Back
Top Bottom