GOAT NBA 2nd round pick?

undrafted = anthony morrow
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Alex English is in the Half of Fame... is it really debatable after that?

Agent Zero is my personal favorite though :Hat

Thread/.
NOoooo... Let's not do that.
Ginobili isn't eligible for the HoF yet, but he definitely will be.  Who else in consideration led another squad against the U.S. team for the Olympic gold medal and has 3 NBA Rings? Even taking only NBA accomplishments into consideration: Alex English was a key member of a team that set scoring records. Ginobili is a key member of a modern-day NBA dynasty who will obviously sacrifice stats for his team.  

Willis Reed

2 Rings
2 Finals MVP's
1 MVP
7-time All-Star
1-time NBA First Team
4-time NBA Second Team

It's not really close

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Willis Reed

2 Rings
2 Finals MVP's
1 MVP
7-time All-Star
1-time NBA First Team
4-time NBA Second Team

It's not really close

Pretty much.

laugh.gif
at several different names being mentioned with the same tag "It's not even close."

Rodman
Manu
Ellis

In that order.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Isaiah Thomas develops with the Kings. That dude had a great rookie year, and I bet there are plenty of teams wishing they hadn't passed him up.

Definitely Willis Reed, although with only nine teams in the NBA when he got drafted it's not like he was the 24th overall pick, or something. Dude was the eighth pick. If territorial picks didn't exist, he's probably a first rounder.

Modern NBA: English, Rodman, Ginobli

Originally Posted by AG 47

Rondo with the early nod
First round pick buddy...
Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Willis Reed

2 Rings
2 Finals MVP's
1 MVP
7-time All-Star
1-time NBA First Team
4-time NBA Second Team

It's not really close

Pretty much.
That is pretty staunch...
I think its easier to do an overall top 3 in no order

Reed, English, Worm.

But we are missing MAD names though...

Nate McMillan, Doc Rivers, Cliff Robinson, Toni Kukoc, KC Jones, Jeff Hornacek, Calvin Murphy (HOF), Danny Ainge, Nate Archibald, Spencer Haywood...

But of course you gotta break things up via era.

ya got to realize that back in the days there were so little teams selecting and the draft had many rounds
in 1960 there were 21 rounds

Originally Posted by DMan14

ya got to realize that back in the days there were so little teams selecting and the draft had many rounds
in 1960 there were 21 rounds
Speaking of, it's always funny to me that Carl Lewis was drafted by the NBA and NFL in 1984 (two spots away from being Mr. Irrelevant).

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Ginobili a much better player than Gilbert ever was.

at one point had it despite manu's rings.  but based off of the body of work, you gotta go with manu.

Back
Top Bottom