God who? Vol. I don't know

Did y'all ever have a moment where you just questioned or just realize that there maybe no god or some sort of higher power? Everything has been going bad and not just lately but almost two years now. Just got hit with another job rejection **** man I don't know how many more I can take. With every rejection I just tell myself maybe it wasn't meant to be maybe god has other plans. But after some while I'm starting to loose faith. Down to my last $50. I don't know mann. Long read my bad just needed to vent. Not looking for any "stay up op" replies. Just typing away.

Cliffs:
-My questioned turned into a vent
-My bad

Yeah. Im catholic so i did the whole communion confirmation thing, but that was 6-7 years ago, havent been back since. I brought up that i dont think that god really exists with my mom and she went blood :lol: . Am i catholic or athiest, i dont know. As bad as it may sound i dont give a damb about religion. Just another label.

I learned something a long time ago. If you believe you will make an excuse for God and if you don't you won't.  I think we can all agree that if God exist he doesn't reward good people or punish "bad" people.  Real life issues and success will happen to anybody and everybody who believes or not.  Good luck in life man.  Most you can do is stay positive and that has nothing to do with religion

Yes. When I was very very young and my life was going absolutely great so there was no negativity causing the realization and subsequent backlash.

As for your situation, take religion and GOD out of the equation, ditch the concept of faith in things that happen by chance or happenstance. Focus on being prepared so you'll be ready when you come across an opportunity. Life was never said to be a walk in the park, don't expect higher powers or supernatural beings to help you out or look out for you no matter what you think you're doing for or because of them, be positive, and find the will within yourself to keep going and change your life for the better. There is no plan other than the one YOU make for yourself and even if that plan falls apart keep trying cuz if you don't do it, nobody will do it for you.

Last edited:
never once believed in god, or karma.

i've seen the worst happen to good people, including those that believe in god and don't, and bad people get away with so much.

hard work and a bit of luck gets you where you want to be. I hope things get better for you real soon.

Last edited:
Was baptized before I was even able to put together an actual sentence.

Enrolled in private school up until about 5th grade.

As I grew older, my intelligence began to multiply, and I began to ask those questions that could not be answered.

I am currently in college working towards a degree in Biotechnology; I have that scientific state of mind.. I just can not believe that in which can not be proven and also lacks any sort of irrefutable evidence.

Christian beliefs up until about age 13, Atheist from then on out. 

I used to question God. I was a believer until I was exposed
to science, logic. I had a horric 2 year period droppin outta
school, havin a kid before im ready, being dead broke, experienced homelessness, hell
on earth. ALL my Worst fears manifested.

This doesnt prove or disprove God doesnt exist, only that bad things happen.
We have free will, or the ability to decide what we do. If a higher
power stepped in everytime to prevent the result of a bad choice then
everything woould be perfect. Everything would be good.But we wouldn't
know because if there is no bad, we would have no concept of what good is.
What would be the purpose of living then?

I understand things arent going as planned and thats naturally frustrating.
All you can do is control you. Try to re assess your position and efforts in life.
Maybe go to the most honest person you know and get feedback on
how you can adjust your approach with jobs and how you can handle other
aspects of life that are stressing you. Maybe these 2 rough years will be worth
the 10plus amazing years you have lying ahead of you. There's
a lesson in every failure.When learned, those are the pillars of success.

i believe in a sense i guess but out of the vastness of the universe, why he/she/it would give a **** about stuff on earth is beyond me.

if you have the predictable theistic mentality, your life is **** now, you will turn into an atheist for a couple of months cause youre angry, then when good **** starts happening again, youll thank god again. and then in a couple of years in some other religion thread, you'll say your story about how you had an atheist period but he lifted you back up again, bla bla bla, out of body experience crap and all this jargon about how it was too perfect and was something you cant explain so it mustve been a force helping you out.

no thanks jeff. learn more. think critically and dont just wait and watch what happens in life. WANT to understand.

Back
Top Bottom