Going on Vacation, alone..

DO IT!

However I tend to like company (good company) when I'm taking a vacation. If you don't have any good company willing to go with you and you really want to go somewhere then what's stopping you?

Just research the destination, find out cool +#!@ you can do and do it.

Hit up some HI NT'ers to show you around and your good.

If you come to NYC I got you.

Do It. Nothing Wrong Wit Enjoying Time To Yourself
pimp.gif

I def thought about this even to get away for a weekend; def reminds me of Sarah Marshall

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

I spent 5/12 months by myself on my last Eurotrip. If you're an outgoing person than you ought not to have any problems. If you're more inclined to be a wallflower, shy and insecure than you probably won't like it very much.
wink.gif

i was thinking of driving to Hana by myself.. and perhaps meat some new friends along the way.

If you can, go on the "Road to Hana" tour.  I don't remember who we booked the tour with because it was like 8-10 years ago
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
, but it'll probably be easier to meet people that way since they'll be going on the tour with you.  I wouldn't mind vacationing alone, but I'm really shy so I doubt I would even enjoy it
30t6p3b.gif
.  Might hit up Seattle and drive up to Vancouver this summer though, mini NT summit?
nerd.gif
As someone who had done the "Road to Hana"...I recommend this.  The road does not lend itself to meeting people.  You're basically driving curve after curve after curve, with a few spots here and there to stop at.. Most of those stops will have few people too.
Definitely do tour groups.. you'll meet more people.

and make sure to bring a camera..it'll be a nice conversation starter.

hmm my initial plan was to do the drive by myself on a rented jeep..
but the tour bus trip actually sounds a little more intriguing . 

eff what everyone says.

as someone with a 3 good crews i can chill with and hang out with at any times is till like to do things dolo every now and then.

especially if everyone is flakey or isn't down. movies by yourself is something to just sit back and enjoy, change the scenery.

vacation by yourself is the grand opportunity to meet new people everywhere just get out and be friendly. half the time you go out with friends to a club or something of the sort you ditch them in 15 minutes then just have periodic check ups every hour or so.

go out and live life and enjoy it.

OP I say go for it. I thought about this in 2011 and plan to do it this year. It'll be an outdoor type place, not some party/club city. I wanna visit Colorado or somethin. Dead Serious. Nature type *+%

Originally Posted by TheFuture2236

I want to go on vacation solo to NYC this summer........
yeah man, same here...my bday is in July so I definitely want to do it....
There or Chicago.

I spent 5/12 months by myself on my last Eurotrip. If you're an outgoing person than you ought not to have any problems. If you're more inclined to be a wallflower, shy and insecure than you probably won't like it very much.
wink.gif

eek.gif

Your avy is so fitting for some reason:
u

When to NYC solo when I was 16 for a 3 nights. Very amazing experience.

I need to go back. These solo Austin vacations ain't cutting it.

Went to Mazatlan Mexico 2 months ago last minute. +%#$ was relaxing. I needed some time away from home and a small break

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

wink.gif

eek.gif

Your avy is so fitting for some reason:
u
smokin.gif

i go out by myself at least once a week.  i meet so many chill randoms buying me drinks.
laugh.gif
  i'd def do it, i don't give a damn if i'm solo. 

Def going to hit up ny/Toronto solo this summer..hopefully every other weekend this upcoming summer

honestly its a boss move...

just go on a solo dolo kick it and have a ball, i respect it.

You're going to have a blast if you have an outgoing personality. I go on little solo dolo excursions while traveling for business and love it.

People tend to embrace out-of-towners when they see you open up a little. I'm a big believer in karma and show some love to out-of-towners myself since L.A. is full of visitors.

HAVE FUN. AND DO YOU.

I've gone to NYC by myself a few times....I find that I enjoy that city alone than when I go with my friends.....

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Originally Posted by TheFuture2236

I want to go on vacation solo to NYC this summer........
yeah man, same here...my bday is in July so I definitely want to do it....
There or Chicago.
i want to go to NYC.
but Chicago downtown is cool to visit by yourself at least once. gonna be walking and snapping pics so not a lot talking anyways 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom