Going to CHI-TOWN....What are some things I must do during my trip???

NotoriousLEEdope

formerly dapimpjuice4ya
I know there are alot of Chi-TownNT'ers so I'm coming to you guys for some advice. I'm going to Chicago this summer for 1-2 weeks. I'm wondering what are some of the thingsthat I absolutely must do before I leave??? In terms of baseball, I've always liked the White Sox so I really want to go to a game. What are some great andaffordable seats to get to watch the White Sox??? I'm looking for some good recommendations on places to eat, visit, shop, etc. This visit will be like anopen audition for the city. I've been thinking about relocating there after I graduate. If I really enjoy my visit, Chicago just might become my new placeof residence. Thanx in advance guys!!!

Also, I just thought about this. Are thereany things that people who are not locals need to be aware of?? I know here in New Orleans, there are just certain things you don't go and certain areasyou don't wander into at night if you want to stay safe. I'm quite certain there are places like that in Chicago also.

Ive noticed a lot of chicago threads lately
pimp.gif

You know you got to go CHI stadium and take pics of yourself in front of the JORDAN statue.. other than that expect Mr FLINT tocome in and tell ya all you need to know.. hook him up Ron !!
happy.gif

Hit up Michigan Ave for all the shops(pricey, but it is what it is), Niketown of course, Apple store(if you're an Apple head), grab some Giordanos pizza,and of course MJs home the United Center.

When exactly are you going to be here... because if it during the week of the 4th then the Taste is a must

You have to eat some harolds chicken (out south) and an italian beef with peppers, go to Harry Carrey's (up north)

You have to get some Garretts Popcorn (Carmel & Cheese mix)

Downtown is where its at... Michigan Avenue, Buckingham Fountain, go to the top of the Sear Tower (!!++ the name change its still the Sears to me)

Visit the house that Jordan built and take a picture infront of the statue
laugh.gif

Even though I'm a Sox fan like you, I would recommend going up North to see Wrigley Field just cause... Its actually pretty dope, they have the walkwayaround the Park where people have they're own bricks in the ground

Hit up Madison and Pulaski (out west so be careful I can't stress this enough
laugh.gif
)

Millinuem Park, check out the big !*+ bean

Navy pier (especially on wednesdays they have the fireworks over the lake)

its plenty of things to do... trust me you'll want to move here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

When exactly are you going to be here... because if it during the week of the 4th then the Taste is a must

You have to eat some harolds chicken (out south) and an italian beef with peppers, go to Harry Carrey's (up north)

Downtown is where its at... Michigan Avenue, Buckingham Fountain, go to the top of the Sear Tower (!!++ the name change its still the Sears to me)

laugh.gif

Even though I'm a Sox fan like you, I would recommend going up North to see Wrigley Field just cause... Its actually pretty dope, they have the walkway around the Park where people have they're own bricks in the ground

laugh.gif
)

pimp.gif
Thanks. Everyonekeeps telling me I need to see Wrigley but I'm more excited to go to a Sox game. Do you know what are some good seats to get that are still affordable??I'm pretty sure I'll be there sometime in June or July (not sure yet) but if I'm there the week of the 4th then I'll def be going to Taste;I've heard alot about it.I'm excited about this trip though, everyone tells me Chicago is alot of fun.

I just went in February and one thing I realized is that they aint stingy with the liquor like LA bars....I loved it, and I do want to move there...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif

Even though I'm a Sox fan like you, I would recommend going up North to see Wrigley Field just cause... Its actually pretty dope, they have the walkway around the Park where people have they're own bricks in the ground

laugh.gif
)

pimp.gif
Thanks. Everyone keeps telling me I need to see Wrigley but I'm more excited to go to a Sox game. Do you know what are some good seats to get that are still affordable?? I'm pretty sure I'll be there sometime in June or July (not sure yet) but if I'm there the week of the 4th then I'll def be going to Taste; I've heard alot about it.I'm excited about this trip though, everyone tells me Chicago is alot of fun.

Man I've been to a few Sox games myself and I've sat in a few different places, along the 1st base line near the base as well as down by right field,behind the catcher... but I had the most fun when I sat waaaaaaay in the out field near the fan deck. Its a totally diffent vibe, just full of fans there justto enjoy the game and have fun. Drunk people talking all types of trash, crackin jokes, baggin on the other team, and just a lot of laughs. It was a damn goodtime if I do say so myself.

You can sit in the the 100's level for around 60-70 granted its row 32 but
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by :nerd:ne7

Ive noticed a lot of chicago threads lately
pimp.gif

YEA!
im tired of posting the same thing....
sorry op....

EDIT:
jks....
giordanos pizza....or any chicago style, deep dish pizza will do....
jordan statue....
navy pier....

go to my cousins house, theyll give you a tour....
laugh.gif

its not that bad at night, just dont stay alone, you never know....

Back
Top Bottom