Going to Chicago for the first time next weekend. Need advice/tips on stuff to do...

What all do ya'll recommend? Sears Tower, Mall Of America, and Harold's Chicken is what I've heard so far. Anything else? And real talk, how do I avoid getting bodied? I hear it's a lot of GD/Folks in the Chi. What areas do I steer clear of? Any colors that I shouldn't wear??

Foodwise: Lou Malnatis in the city for my personal favorite deep dish. Burt's Place if you have time to go to the burbs is the absolute best DD pizza though. Hot Doug's, renowned hot dogs and a very unique menu for a hot dog joint. Al's Italian Beef, Combo with Sweet and Hot peppers is the bomb. Tank Noodle in Argyle has the best Banh Mi sandwiches and very good Vietnamese food. Of course there are other food spots, but these are my go-to's when leaving the suburbs. 
Sites to See: The Bean, Navy Pier, Sears Tower, and other tourist spots are quite nice too look at.  Magnificent Mile for one of the best shopping experiences in your life. 

I wouldn't wear any nice Retro or OG Jordans in Chicago. I would probably just wear Bears apparel as everyone in Chi is a Bears fan. Stay clear of Englewood and other "bad" areas. Stay safe and enjoy!

Lou Malnatis is some of the best pizza I've ever had. Was there for a couple months with my girl because she goes to Depaul law. Sears tower and the Magnificent mile are great. Def check out Navy pier also. My girls grandpa lives in the Ritz, those condos are crazy.

It will be tough to check out Mall of America because it's in Minneapolis.

Anyways:

- Cubs game/party in Wrigleyville: gets old but everyone should do it at some point.
- Sears Tower: obviously
- Beach: Most people don't know Chicago's beach game is on point. Smokin hot girls of all ages. Oak Street is less douchey than North Ave, but less women.
- Michigan Ave: Dope stores, we don't have Niketown right now sadly.
- LDRS 1354 : say what's up to NT legend Ty
- Food: Lou's, Wiener's Circle, Kuma's (a bit of a hike from downtown), Portillo's...honestly this list could be a thread in itself
- Bars/clubs: Depends what kind of scene you are looking for. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

i love all of you for saying sears, NEVER CALL IT THE WILLIS TOWER EVER, get yourself some garrets popcorn

You wont get bodied 
laugh.gif
trust me dudes can tell you arent from around here and the city has MUCH nicer people than you think. Sears Tower, Navy Pier, any of our pizza joints (Malnati's), Portillos, Shopping downtown, millennium park. Where in the chi are you stayin?

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

What all do ya'll recommend? Sears Tower, Mall Of America, and Harold's Chicken is what I've heard so far. Anything else? And real talk, how do I avoid getting bodied? I hear it's a lot of GD/Folks in the Chi. What areas do I steer clear of? Any colors that I shouldn't wear??
Mall of America is in Minnesota.  Check out Wrigley Field for a game or go on tour of the stadium or check out a White Sox game if you into baseball.

I went there last summer and let me tell you what I did.

1. Went to Melrose Park Indorr Grand Prix. Indoor Go Karts. Best Go Kart spot I have ever been to. It is on point. It is in the suburbs though so go to Price Line and rent a car with name your price and get it for the day and drive out there. It is near the land of Doc Rivers, Mike Finley, Dee and Shannon Brown. - http://www.yelp.com/biz/m...NqJBW7x9fhur5cQ/src:self

2. After we came from there, we went to Jonnie's Beef. They have some vicious Italian Sausages there. We smelled food from the street and we saw this little white food spot so we decided to stop. VERY cheap. I have 2 Italian Sausages and Fries for less than $6. Then I got a homemade Italian Ice (Lemon). Very good.

3. Catch the train and walk to the zoo. Nice zoo there in Chicago. But I don't like how they have the Lions on the inside. Hurt my heart.

4. Downtown, you need to go to Portillos. Nice Italian Sausages there. I didn't eat Italian Sausages until I went to Chicago.

5. Giordano's. Supposedly the best Deep Dish Pizza Spot in the city. It was nice. Not sure if you like Deep Dish. Do not get the large, you will not finish it. And tell them to only use 50% cheese. That pizza had way too much cheese on it man. BUt it was good - http://www.yelp.com/biz/g...fJ0VhgADMg-ztuw/src:self

6. We stayed in the Chicago Fairmont. Top notch hotel right there.

7. Just walk around Downtown man. Like my man Kanye said, go check out Lake Michigan. Nice area. Art students outside drawing. It is a nice place man.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

It will be tough to check out Mall of America because it's in Minneapolis.

Anyways:

- Cubs game/party in Wrigleyville: gets old but everyone should do it at some point.
- Sears Tower: obviously
- Beach: Most people don't know Chicago's beach game is on point. Smokin hot girls of all ages. Oak Street is less douchey than North Ave, but less women.
- Michigan Ave: Dope stores, we don't have Niketown right now sadly.
- LDRS 1354 : say what's up to NT legend Ty
- Food: Lou's, Wiener's Circle, Kuma's (a bit of a hike from downtown), Portillo's...honestly this list could be a thread in itself
- Bars/clubs: Depends what kind of scene you are looking for. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.
I keep tellin my girl we gotta go to Chicago for a mini-vacation..I keep tellin her the beach looks great over there..would like to visit the Sears Tower and especially the Michigan Ave. shoppin district..I would love to go during the NBA regular season also to see the United Center
pimp.gif

The Shed Aqaurium is pretty awesome I'd check that out. Right on the lake too. Don't know if your a football fan but I think it's near Soldier Field. Hate the bears but it's a cool place.

Was thinking about making this thread myself. I'll be out there in July. I'm looking forward to trying their deep dish pizza. Any other recommendations?

laugh.gif
son said mall of america 
roll.gif
roll.gif

diss d-rose and you will get bodied...
indifferent.gif
srs.

beach : North Ave...as mentioned, @@*% galore.
food : Lou Mal, Brazzaz Steakhouse (find coupons. that expensive.), Tavern at the park is chill for a beer and burger, ESPN Zone still heated they shut that $%@+ down
mad.gif
, if you by the burbs get you some Palermo's pizza or Nonna's.
gym : LA fitness.  Come see me if you need that connec.

dont go see that lame #%$ bean either.

Get Giordano's for pizza vs. Lou's. So much better quality overall. Lou's is fried, Giordano's is baked. 
Avoid paying $17.50 for the Willis Tower Skydeck and visit the Signature Room in the Hancock Building instead. It's right off Michigan Ave., near all the shopping. Pay $14 for a drink and enjoy just as good views as Willis, while having a drink! 

Try to keep your phone hidden if you've got an iPhone. If someone sees you with one on the train, there's a chance they'll follow you off at your stop and make it their own. It's not that serious, but just be aware.

Try taking the CTA everywhere you go. Buy a Three Day pass (it pays for itself after only a couple of rides) at Walgreens or CVS. 

Just went this weekend like a couple other people said check out Shedd Aquarium and go to Garrett's it's not to far away from there.

Mall of America 
laugh.gif
 I'm from MPLS. I had to pause and wonder if there was a spinoff somewhere.
Make sure to go to cool local spots to eat, find out which ones have chicago-style or otherwise unique items that are local favorites. I wasted my time there, I went to McDonalds and Hugo's Frog Bar downtown. Hugo's was overpriced seafood, I wish I would have just gotten a hot sandwich or a big @@! slice of pizza somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom