Going to Paris next week, spots to check out NT?

What up NT,

I'm headed to Paris next week for seven days. Any advice on spots to check out? Streetwear/Skate/Sneaker/Design spots? Any out of the way spots worthchecking out?

Colette
SnowBeach
30 bd Richard Lenoir
75011 Paris
Street machine
4 rue des halles
75001 Paris
The tube / sneaker gallery
4 rue de la ferronnerie
75001 Paris
Opium
9 rue du Cygne
75001 Paris
starcow
starcow 68 rue saint honoré
75001 Paris

eiffel-tower1.jpg

I just got back from Paris last month. I would suggest checking out the:

Champ Elysees

Chateau de Versailles, it's like 30 minute train ride outside of Paris, but it's worth it. It's an all day trip though, so leave sometime open.

Moulin Rouge and the surrounding area. It's basically Paris' Red Light district, and there's a sex museum there that I would also recommendchecking out.

They don't eat big breakfast's in Paris, so if you ever find yourself fienin for some pancakes and bacon, there's a lil cafe called Breakfast inAmerica, and they serve some good American style food.

There's also this huge 7 story mall out there but I forgot what it was called. I would check that out as well.

Have a great trip, hit me up if you have anymore questions.

The Louvre is sick but I happened to prefer the Musee D'Orsay more because they have a lot more paintings from all the impressionist artists like VanGogh and Monet. Be sure to hit up a crepe stand along the way, too.

if you never going back again, then check out the whole damn place. don't act like its impossible

\
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

There's also this huge 7 story mall out there but I forgot what it was called. I would check that out as well.

Galleries Lafayette 40 boulevard Haussmann 9e arrondissement

Versailles
Eiffel Tower, I swear I went back everyday when I was there
CATACOMBS- that !@#+ will trip you out

Originally Posted by pdouly33

\
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Galleries Lafayette 40 boulevard Haussmann 9e arrondissement
Bingo. Thanks, I couldn't remember the name at all.

damn you goin to paris??? smh im #%$*!! hating right now smh lol but how much is this trip running you??

good lookin out nt
happy.gif

i'll definitely try to hit up everything posted. trying to get my basic french phrases down.

^ word lol

being ignorant to the local language ftl

got screwed by the pizza man while i was there.

pizza was buy 1 get one free and i had no idea. paid twice wat two pizzas shouldve cost, and the american dollar was close to nothing lol

Def. check out the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay as suggested about. Musee Pompidou is their equivalent of a museum of modern art. The building itself is worthchecking out becuase it looks so ridiculous.

Paris is a great city to walk around. I'd suggest going to the oldest part of the city "ile de la cite" and spending a good amount of timewalking around the river.

I'd suggest getting a lonely planet travel guide and reading through it before you get there.

If you want the most beautiful stained glass I'd check out St. Chappelle. It's right by Notre Dame, so it's easy to find.

Spend a day in Monmatre where Moulin Rouge is. You can check out the Pigalle area as well as Sacre Coeur. One of the most celebrated cathedrals with the bestview of Paris.

I never once to the eiffel tower when I lived there. But I suggest going, it seems everyone is big on it. I'm not that big of fan.

The best skateshop I found in Paris was called Nozbone.

295, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine
75011 Paris, France
+33 1 43 67 59 67

http://www.nozbone.com/

They dont speak any english there. But it is run by legit and some famous skaters. They have all the best clothing contracts - so they got all the heat. Bewarethough, it's extremely over priced.

One small cultural note on Paris, french people don't wear sandals/shorts even on the hottest of days. That's a guaranteed way to stick out and inParis you want to blend as much as possible.

If you have any more questions just hit me up. Where in Paris are you staying btw?

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

One small cultural note on Paris, french people don't wear sandals/shorts even on the hottest of days. That's a guaranteed way to stick out and in Paris you want to blend as much as possible.

If you have any more questions just hit me up. Where in Paris are you staying btw?
They don't wear shorts or Sandals? What's the weather like there usually in late June/Early July?

also, I'd love to know any little customs/important things about everyday life that an out of towner should know. Any sort of tips, suggestions, etc.

I got some other questions about Amsterdam & Italy but i should probably just post it in the thread I made about Europe in general

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

One small cultural note on Paris, french people don't wear sandals/shorts even on the hottest of days. That's a guaranteed way to stick out and in Paris you want to blend as much as possible.

They don't wear shorts or Sandals? What's the weather like there usually in late June/Early July?

also, I'd love to know any little customs/important things about everyday life that an out of towner should know. Any sort of tips, suggestions, etc.

I got some other questions about Amsterdam & Italy but i should probably just post it in the thread I made about Europe in general

At breakfast you have cafe au lait. You never have a cafe au lait during any other part of the day.

If you bump into someone say "pardon" and keep it moving.

The metro closes at 1 am, so don't get yourself stranded when you are wasted. Or you'll end up sleeping in there like me at 3 am.

Eat a sandwich greque! If you see a sign that says "doner kebab" go there immeaditley and chow down.

Oh yeah, I just remember there is a super famous cementary there called Pere La Chaise that is worth visiting. Jim Morrison and a bunch of crazy famous peopleare there.

It'll be hot in June - but everyone stays wearing jeans. It's kinda crazy. Don't get me wrong, you can wear shorts - but you will look like atourist.

The girls there are amazing too. Take lots of pictures!!!

Back
Top Bottom