Golden State Niketalk Dudes: Is Life In California As Great As TV/Movies Makes It Out To Be?

san fernando valley has million dollar homes papi

although there def are some cheaper parts
Yeah. My parents were looking at those cribs in the gated community on Tampa in Northridge back in 2000 and they were already at the million mark. Porter Ranch, West Hills, etc. all go over $1M easy. That's why that West Hills mall in Woodland Hills had a Lambo dealership inside :lol:

Pacoima, Sylmar, San Fernando, Van Nuys are still affordable since some parts can still be not so nice.

I'd never move out of cali.

we make some great money here

great people

great weather

very multicultural and accepting of different nationalities

beaches in socal

nightlife in bayarea

cons:

****** expensive as hell

not the ideal place for a car lover like myself who wants to have unrestricted project cars

some places are real, REAL ghetto (which is to be expected because not everyone can afford rent here)

traffic

bay area is being flooded by zero personality tech geeks from india/asia/europe. these people annoy the hell out of me.

I grew up in San Jose then moved to Millbrae.

Man, I was honestly moving to FL this month when my dad told me and my wife to move into his house to save $ last minute cause he didn't want us to move. Don't feel like a "man" as a newlywed moving into my dad's house, but very fortunate to have family here allowing us to get ahead in life.

We both have good jobs and make money, but it's about having the most opportunity. I mean, $2100 for a 1 bedroom? **** :smh: ...not how I want to spend my money, I want to get ahead in life, not just survive.

I feel like CA is not where it's at, especially for opportunity. Before coming to CA then setting here, go check out other parts of the world. Much to be had. Florida was nice, which is why I was going to move there. Not gonna lie, kinda bummed I didn't get to since much as changed out here and I'm not feeling it as much as when I was growing up...but you make the most out of it, not anyone else's job.

And yes, bay area has changed a lot. The tech guys, the "self entitlement" feeling, the foreign drivers :x, that traffic now, these prices :x .

Competitive shopping, renting, schools, driving, jobs...nahhhhh.

So. Cal. Not a fan, just isn't as pretty and interesting as Nor. Cal FOR ME, being an outdoor guy and loving nature.

My bro in law makes bank as a director for a big tech company. Even with that salary, those housing prices :x and to think it can all be gone in a second if your employer isn't feeling you. Not worth it. That's why I rent out here.

See the Nor Cal vs So Cal difference in this thread.... all these so cal dudes talk about is gangs, house parties, and trees....grow up :lol:

Last edited:
How long is the drive with traffic from LA to San Fran leaving on Wednesday morning around 4-5am?

I'm doing a road trip, and would love to drive to cruise around and take the scenic coast route but if it's too long then I'll just take a flight.

See the Nor Cal vs So Cal difference in this thread.... all these so cal dudes talk about is gangs, house parties, and trees....grow up
laugh.gif
Take your *** to FL with that trash.

I'm out in Sac, it's alright, just too hot and too boring imo, I prefer the Bay Area (SF, Berkeley, Emeryville, San Jose) for the always cool weather. If you live near the water it like...never gets over 80 degrease ever..god like weather.

I'd try out LA too, but it would have to be a nicer area. Either way, I'd never move away from the West Coast (CA, OR, WA), outside of those 3 states, I'm not moving anywhere. The rest of the USA is buns :lol:

^Cmon now. San Jose/Santa Clara does not stay always cool. The weather can get just as hot as Sacramento.

Did you grow up in Sac? I've lived there for about 8 years and I learned to appreciate the city for what it is. I still work out here, but there's a major movement going on downtown, which will be exciting to see.

Also, you can't beat the cost of living there...But some of the newer apartments downtown are ridiculous for asking those high rent prices, when the surrounding properties have yet to reach that price.

^Cmon now. San Jose/Santa Clara does not stay always cool. The weather can get just as hot as Sacramento.

Did you grow up in Sac? I've lived there for about 8 years and I learned to appreciate the city for what it is. I still work out here, but there's a major movement going on downtown, which will be exciting to see.

Also, you can't beat the cost of living there...But some of the newer apartments downtown are ridiculous for asking those high rent prices, when the surrounding properties have yet to reach that price.
Midtown sac is nice. Just moved back after 8 yrs in Phx and a lot has changed. Lot of state jobs in sac but most is based on who u know. Rather be in SoCal. Can't nothing beat OC & north SD county. Nothing

Midtown sac is nice. Just moved back after 8 yrs in Phx and a lot has changed. Lot of state jobs in sac but most is based on who u know. Rather be in SoCal. Can't nothing beat OC & north SD county. Nothing
I've always wanted to move to SoCal. Long Beach is a city I enjoy a lot. Maybe San Diego? I wonder if its expensive out there?

I've always wanted to move to SoCal. Long Beach is a city I enjoy a lot. Maybe San Diego? I wonder if its expensive out there?
Use to be a union concrete finisher for SD county back in the days. The more inland u are, the cheaper. Ton of cats banked off The downtown condos in SD back in 08 when a majority were vacant. Think u can find steals here and there. Coronado, la jolla, Carlsbad ..etc will always stay pricey though smh

I prefer the Westside to OC because of better diversity and proximity to dtla (mainly for sports)

I'm wrong because you can pinpoint one instance?

Selection bias sir. If you look for that kind of information then yeah you'll find that. I've been wearing all red in the 40's for over a decade and haven't been pressed once about no gang bs. That stuff is so hyped and overblown then ppl use one / a few cases of gang violence to drive home an archaic stereotype.

You're wrong sir

#BayAreaBikeLife [emoji]128690[/emoji][emoji]128168[/emoji][emoji]128168[/emoji][emoji]128168[/emoji]

Lived in So cal most of my life. Never thought twice about what color clothes I'm wearing and haven't had an issue. Wear red shoes to work everyday in LA..

Lived in So cal most of my life. Never thought twice about what color clothes I'm wearing and haven't had an issue. Wear red shoes to work everyday in LA..
I went to Dorsey High. In the middle of the Jungles basically, and wore blue routinely. Didn't even think about colors once HS hit. 

It's blown way out of proportion man. You have to try realllyyyy hard to get into some gang **** in LA, especially from wearing a color.

Back
Top Bottom