Golf Discussion - The Open Championship at Royal Liverpool Golf Club

Still incredibly early obviously but my boy, Rickie Fowler tied for 1st through 7. Mans gotta keep it going. :nthat:

Agreed. Was thrilled to see him near the top of the leaderboard this morning even though it's way early. Other than when Tiger is in the field, my rooting interest is for Rickie to get a major win.

He lives in Florida if I remember correctly.

And his wife is Alison Stokke who was that college pole vaulter who went viral a few years ago.

62 in the US Open is nuts though. The winner usually scores right around par because they set up those courses really tough.

Heard this in passing today on the broadcast, so correct me if I'm wrong, but DJ tied Tiger today with his 10th, 65 round score or lower at a Major. That's for most all-time.

It's telling on at least a couple of levels -- none of which most older heads or fervent golfers (not me) didn't already know -- in that Tiger is directly correlated with ushering in a new wave of golfers who may not have ever given golf a looksie if it wasn't for Tiger, but also...that one of those off-shoots, one who tied him, has "only" won 2 majors, relative to Tiger's haul. Different field these days. That's dope, but sad, but mostly dope, I think. :lol:

Good to see DJ back around the top though. I feel like it wasn't too long ago that he was Mr. "Got Next" after his Open win in 2016. The Mickelson to Spieth's Tiger. :lol:

Last edited:
DJ's back has been ****ed up for a year or two, right? He might finally be back.

Ever since I've been following golf since 2018, this is the first time Rickie Fowler has actually be in serious contention in a major. He was always just the young kid with flatbills and fluorescent attire and then never did anything. He finally looks ready for a big moment or at least to be there at the end.

Hoping Rickie can keep it up and win it, but either way this weekend should be great :pimp:

What Brooks Koepka will look like in 2045

IMG_3195.jpeg

Me when I walk into any bar or club with women that are 30 or older, as an age 30 person myself

I just want to point out that it's Father's Day Weekend and Rickie Fowler and Rory McIlroy have one kid, and Wyndham Clark has none. Bet on this.

Fowler's best major finish was 2nd in the 2014 British Open (Martin Kaymer won). This man has been waiting for this moment for almost a decade.

Scheffler is the best golfer in the world. I think that is certain. He's always lurking even when he starts away from the lead. He's flabby zaddy with a golf club.

Rickie’s weekend has been odd - obviously amazing round then just holding par since.

The others have worked their way up the leaderboard so could have a better chance.

Back
Top Bottom