Good Display Cases

Here is my photo of the display case from ikea

4377576507_ddffd9599e_b.jpg

Yo don't let abernja get to you homie...those are just plain old negative people who hate and like to let people down only to make themselves feel better...do your thing man!... dude sounded like he trying to be yo daddy telling you what you should do with YOUR money...cmon son you're being ridiculous!...to SOME people they're just shoes to OTHERS they mean more than just that... Get those display cases from IKEA !...and yo abernja who said he was making a NYNT/Smithsonian style display??? Ignorance at its best...

Originally Posted by abernja

Why so serious?!?

Do you really need to make an entire display for all the CDP's? If you're gonna spend all that money at least put something worthwhile in the case. Shoes that hold meaning to you. Not garbage that JB fed you.

DUST proof cases/rooms??? LOL come on now you can't just get rid of dust. It's in the air you breathe floating around your house. Reduce yes, but you can't eliminate it.

At the end of the day there are MUCH better things you SHOULD spend your money on. If you want a display that's fine, but taking up all this time, energy, and resources for this particular project I'd suggest thinking of other uses for your money. It won't be cheap.

They're just shoes.......WEAR THEM!!!

he asked about a shoe case not if u liked his cdp's

Originally Posted by marley

Here's a couple of mine.  I got these at Ikea.  I rotate stuff through them so they dont yellow and dont get faded.
hahah I have these too.. but I put 4 extra shelves in each case to hold 8 shoes instead of 4...

Here's a couple of mine.  I got these at Ikea.  I rotate stuff through them so they dont yellow and dont get faded.
Do the lighting come with them?

Nice display case
pimp.gif

@ronnskizzle

That's one of the coolest looking displays I've seen - love how you've got the shoes piled in on the top two shelves. I was wanting to emulate more of a nikestore look for my display cases but now that I've seen yours I'm thinking outside the box a bit..
glasses.gif

In your display case with the AJ1's, where is the MJ statue (or is it a model? a toy figure?) from?
http://ronnskizzle.u.yuku.com

This is mine...all Ikea.  Pretty cheap and relatively easy to put up...just takes some effort to make even.

wear your shoes so you can show the world your dope stuff, if shoes are ganna yellow i want them doing it while im wearing them. nobody can see your stuff from a case inside your house.

damn too bad we don't have ikea in hawaii. And they don't ship to hawaii. They would make a lot of money in hawaii!

so if i make a full enclosed case for my shoes, with anti glare glass to prevent yellowing, and leave lil' gaps at the top and bottom of the glass to let some air in, my shoes should be good, right? they need ventilation, and access to the air conditioning, right? i just need to put doors on it to keep this freaking dust out...

^ u should be good then
if u have a pair thats get real dusty use can air that u use on vcr or electronics
someone put on to that and works great

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

so if i make a full enclosed case for my shoes, with anti glare glass to prevent yellowing, and leave lil' gaps at the top and bottom of the glass to let some air in, my shoes should be good, right? they need ventilation, and access to the air conditioning, right? i just need to put doors on it to keep this freaking dust out...

Any ventilation gap is going to let dust in.  I wouldn't worry about it so much.  Many people (including me) store shoes in 2.5gal air tight Hefty bags and/or hermetically sealed plastic containers.  As long as there's nothing in the case making it warm there shouldn't be any discrepancies between inside/outside temp.  You said the room is AC'd at all times so you're good.  Do know that your air is dry.  All A/C units have de-humidifiers.  If this bothers you ease up on the silica packs.

Anti-glare is anti-glare.  Conservation glass is anti-glare and UV filtering.  The biggest contributor to yellowing is direct lighting.  Whether it be sun or fixture.  Keep the light from beaming directly on the shoes and you shouldn't have any problems.  Although, shoes in the box in the closet will always have a greater chance of not being dis-colored by nature.  Something everyone with a display case must realize.

Dust.....don't bother with you're ceiling.  Your body, carpet and others things are to blame for most of the dust.  Grab an air-purifier/dust control units.

Back
Top Bottom