Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by dreClark

Jake Locker is buns, though.

Indeed.Fact is, it's been over a year since a QB has done anything against. Our offense was ranked 110th in the nation last year. Our defense was 10th.Now we have a big play QB in the mix. Add that to one of the top defensive minds in the nation and it will equal success.

Indeed.Fact is, it's been over a year since a QB has done anything against. Our offense was ranked 110th in the nation last year. Our defense was 10th.Now we have a big play QB in the mix. Add that to one of the top defensive minds in the nation and it will equal success.

The Nebraska schtick between this dude and silkyjohnson(?) has wore out really, really fast.

The Nebraska schtick between this dude and silkyjohnson(?) has wore out really, really fast.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Yup. Glad we could agree.

Yup. Glad we could agree.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

get down or lay down.

expect us to run the table this year
Im hoping Nebraska runs the table and is left out of the National Title game

That would make us TCU
I wasnt saying it to take a shot at your team, I just want to see chaos. Better get prepared cause you arent getting in over Ohio State or an undefeated SEC team.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

get down or lay down.

expect us to run the table this year
Im hoping Nebraska runs the table and is left out of the National Title game

That would make us TCU
I wasnt saying it to take a shot at your team, I just want to see chaos. Better get prepared cause you arent getting in over Ohio State or an undefeated SEC team.

[table][tr][td]NCAA News Release

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NCAA Requires Loss of Contests, Repayment for Burney and Williams

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] For Immediate Release

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
[/td] [td] Contact(s)

Stacey Osburn
Associate Director of Public and Media Relations
317/917-6117

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
INDIANAPOLIS---University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill football student-athletes Kendric Burney and Deunta Williams must miss competition and repay benefits as a condition of becoming eligible to play again, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff.

Burney, who received $1,333 in benefits, must miss six games and make repayment. Williams, who received $1,426 in benefits, must miss four games and make repayment. Both student-athletes already have sat out two games.

The university declared both student-athletes ineligible for violations of NCAA agent benefits and preferential treatment rules. According to the facts of the case submitted by the university, these benefits in part included trips to California, Atlanta and Las Vegas for Burney and two trips to California for Williams. The majority of the benefits Burney received were from an individual who meets the NCAA definition of an agent. According to NCAA rules, an agent is any individual who markets or promotes a student-athlete. The majority of Williams’ benefits were preferential treatment violations.

When a school discovers a student-athlete has been involved in an NCAA rules violation, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete’s eligibility be reinstated to the NCAA national office staff for consideration. Reinstatement decisions are made independently of any NCAA enforcement process.

During the reinstatement process, NCAA staff review each case on its own merits based on the specific facts. Staff decisions are made based on a number of factors including guidelines established by the Division I NCAA Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, the student-athlete’s responsibility for the violation, as well as any mitigating factors presented by the university.

The university can appeal the decision to the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, an independent panel comprised of representatives from NCAA member colleges, universities and athletic conferences. This committee can reduce or remove the condition, but it cannot increase the staff-imposed conditions. If appealed, the student-athlete remains ineligible until the conclusion of the appeals process.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]NCAA News Release

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NCAA Requires Loss of Contests, Repayment for Burney and Williams

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] For Immediate Release

Wednesday, September 22, 2010
[/td] [td] Contact(s)

Stacey Osburn
Associate Director of Public and Media Relations
317/917-6117

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
INDIANAPOLIS---University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill football student-athletes Kendric Burney and Deunta Williams must miss competition and repay benefits as a condition of becoming eligible to play again, according to a decision today by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff.

Burney, who received $1,333 in benefits, must miss six games and make repayment. Williams, who received $1,426 in benefits, must miss four games and make repayment. Both student-athletes already have sat out two games.

The university declared both student-athletes ineligible for violations of NCAA agent benefits and preferential treatment rules. According to the facts of the case submitted by the university, these benefits in part included trips to California, Atlanta and Las Vegas for Burney and two trips to California for Williams. The majority of the benefits Burney received were from an individual who meets the NCAA definition of an agent. According to NCAA rules, an agent is any individual who markets or promotes a student-athlete. The majority of Williams’ benefits were preferential treatment violations.

When a school discovers a student-athlete has been involved in an NCAA rules violation, it must declare the student-athlete ineligible and may request the student-athlete’s eligibility be reinstated to the NCAA national office staff for consideration. Reinstatement decisions are made independently of any NCAA enforcement process.

During the reinstatement process, NCAA staff review each case on its own merits based on the specific facts. Staff decisions are made based on a number of factors including guidelines established by the Division I NCAA Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, the student-athlete’s responsibility for the violation, as well as any mitigating factors presented by the university.

The university can appeal the decision to the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, an independent panel comprised of representatives from NCAA member colleges, universities and athletic conferences. This committee can reduce or remove the condition, but it cannot increase the staff-imposed conditions. If appealed, the student-athlete remains ineligible until the conclusion of the appeals process.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Keven Riley is not prepared for what's coming Saturday.

And I hope Foles throws for 400+ on that swiss cheese D

Yeah I'm still mad about that game last year.
mad.gif

Bear Down! Let's ride the momentum from Iowa game and open Pac play strong.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Keven Riley is not prepared for what's coming Saturday.

And I hope Foles throws for 400+ on that swiss cheese D

Yeah I'm still mad about that game last year.
mad.gif

Bear Down! Let's ride the momentum from Iowa game and open Pac play strong.

Bama's in the bout to start murder's row in their schedule @ Arkansas, vs Florida, @ South Carolina, vs Miss, @ Tenn, @ LSU in the next month and a week.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
If they go 6-0, put them in the title game right after. I think they lose one of those, I just hope it's next Sat.

Bama's in the bout to start murder's row in their schedule @ Arkansas, vs Florida, @ South Carolina, vs Miss, @ Tenn, @ LSU in the next month and a week.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
If they go 6-0, put them in the title game right after. I think they lose one of those, I just hope it's next Sat.

I don't think Bama' is going to lose man. I understand how tough that is but Nick Saban knows how to prepare them boys for that tough slate.

Alabama is by far IMO the best team in college football. No question

I don't think Bama' is going to lose man. I understand how tough that is but Nick Saban knows how to prepare them boys for that tough slate.

Alabama is by far IMO the best team in college football. No question

The 1st two games are by hard the toughest. you can't really call that murderers row with having tenn and ole miss on there
laugh.gif
. even south carolina and lsu are pretty iffy including them in murderers row.

I wanna see what Ryan and those WR's will be able to do this saturday against that D.

The 1st two games are by hard the toughest. you can't really call that murderers row with having tenn and ole miss on there
laugh.gif
. even south carolina and lsu are pretty iffy including them in murderers row.

I wanna see what Ryan and those WR's will be able to do this saturday against that D.

Yeah I remember in 2006 Florida had a stretch of Tennessee, Kentucky (who was no slouch), Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia and went 5-1 in that span sandwiched with a loss to Auburn (still wasn't a fumble. uber hyped frosh Tray Blackmon). Then still played USCe (Jarvis Moss being 6'6 FTW), FSU, and Arkansas.

12-1 with a SEC titlt and Herby STILL wanted Michigan in the MNC game.

Crazy thing was it almost happened lol.

Back
Top Bottom