Google 3D printed bracelets for free*

Very cool. Hope they start let people print them soon.
^^^This. Ready to order this for my Kobes
smokin.gif

Yeah, i saw that and apparently this whole thing is being marketed for girls to make them get into coding.

I'll still rock my ****.

Tryna make 3d printing more mainstream?

Probably. I was looking into getting a mini 3d printer two or three months ago and read that the patent for one of the most popular 3d printing technologies either has already expired or is about to expire this year so 3d printers will be available for cheaper due to other companies being able to join the market. When I was looking up 3d printers, mini ones from China could be had for around $500, whereas the one from Makerbot is around $1300.

If I had a 3d printer, I would have to be proficient with CAD right? No?
i wonder this as well.... plus i want one if but nothing else make and action figure of myself...hell a bobble-head too as well...

Last edited:
If I had a 3d printer, I would have to be proficient with CAD right? No?

Depends on what you want to make. There are online databases that might have what you want. But in general, yes, you would need to be proficient with CAD since that's what they print from.

Depends on what you want to make. There are online databases that might have what you want. But in general, yes, you would need to be proficient with CAD since that's what they print from.
how hard/easy would it be to build something like iuno... a cellphone case, a matchbox type of car, etc something along those lines? and can you use it to build things with internal working parts?

how hard/easy would it be to build something like iuno... a cellphone case, a matchbox type of car, etc something along those lines? and can you use it to build things with internal working parts?

Yes, it is possible to use it to build things with internal working parts. Obviously they're probably not going to sustain long term wear and heavy loads, but they should be good for desktop toys. Although to build working parts, it takes more than CAD, it will probably take a bit of knowledge for geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to ensure that the parts go together and move smoothly - this depends on how precise the printers are, they might be precise enough that you won't have to worry about this.

Things like cellphone cases are pretty simple to build in CAD since there isn't much complexity to the shape. But since 3d printers print by fusing strands of plastic together to create the model, I don't know how protective it would be and the finish on it won't be great.

To me, CAD isn't hard to pick up at all and it could be something that you can teach yourself through books and possibly Youtube videos.

Back
Top Bottom