Google Pixel Phone Event - October 4th

Eff Google, man. This ***** really said the phone is a Verizon exclusive. :x :x :x :x :x I waited all this time for this phone and they pull this BS. I want to finance the phone through my T-Mobile bill, not the Play Store. Seriously, eff those guys for that. Yes, I'm mad

Last edited:
My contract is up in January. If vzw will have it maybe i'll check it out.

:x not even an overpriced $750 but $19 more :x :x :x :smh:

$400 by black Friday due to lack of sales.

Joint ain't even waterproof :smh:

24/7 ain't worth that much extra :smh:

The 5X has been discounted for months now via the Google Fi loop hole ( buy the phone with activation, cancel the activation as soon as the orders complete, Google still sends you the phone for $200/$250 + tax.

:lol: @ solid track record. We've forgotten the Nexus 9 already eh?

Think the 5 doing well was more so due to the price than it being solid in stores. The main selling points of a google phone are the things that most folks buying in a store don't seem to care about, having a stock Android experience and getting the latest updates first (ask some Nexus 6 folks how well that's working out with 7.0). They have no gimmicky features like a curved edge or and s pen to use as a selling point so I don't know who Google is planning on marketing these to.

I did forget about the Nexus 9 :lol:, but on top of the price, having the phone in stores helped, as well as the new leasing program. U know we live in an instant gratification society and having a solid phone w/ no carrier bloatware in stores to buy on EIP definitely helped.

For some reason I had a feeling the N6 situation was going to be bad and when they pulled it mighty soon, I knew I was right. :lol:

At the end of the day, Google can't keep trying to sell these phones for a crazy amount of money online, unfortunately they have to put them in carrier stores.

If it's unlocked, can I finance it through Best Buy and ease the pain by trading in my Nexus 6?

Google wilding. $800 for the Pixel XL.

I'll be copping the Google wifi for my family. My OnHub has been solid. 3 pack for 300 seems reasonable.

no usb ports though :x

I have a separate Synology appliance that I use as a file server.

The Asus OnHub is legit. Lacks a lot of features but the wifi just works. I don't have to fiddle with channels and my speed is consistent.

I have one, it's about as good as phones get.

I was actually robbed at gunpoint for it. Someone found it by a subway platform, obviously whoever stole it realized that police can track phones, so they tossed it. When I got it back the screen was still in perfect condition.

Anyway the day after I was robbed, I went out and bought another one without hesitation at $799.

So yeah, I like the phone.

I have one, it's about as good as phones get.

I was actually robbed at gunpoint for it. Someone found it by a subway platform, obviously whoever stole it realized that police can track phones, so they tossed it. When I got it back the screen was still in perfect condition.

Anyway the day after I was robbed, I went out and bought another one without hesitation at $799.

So yeah, I like the phone.

good to know, although i feel like i should've gotten a 6p since its almost da same minus da dual speaker...

ahh well, repped.

Back
Top Bottom