GoPro Video Thread

I'm debating between the hero4 silver and the hero+ LCD. I want the built in touch display but is the $100 difference worth it?

Anybody could help? Not sure if I should get a gopro or the Canon G7X. I do sneaker vids, vlogs and day in the life's.

Just unsure which one to grab [emoji]128546[/emoji]

Help NT

Anybody could help? Not sure if I should get a gopro or the Canon G7X. I do sneaker vids, vlogs and day in the life's.

Help NT

Not too sure but I'd grab a gropro imo just because it has a better community to help with questions if you ever have any

Help NT

if you primarily do videos, the gopro (which are you thinking about, silver or black?) have more video modes which may be more useful to you but the g7x is undoubtedly a better camera & will probably give you better quality video in terms of what the video actually looks like...

if you primarily do videos, the gopro (which are you thinking about, silver or black?) have more video modes which may be more useful to you but the g7x is undoubtedly a better camera & will probably give you better quality video in terms of what the video actually looks like...
I agree. The G7X would be a better choice for vlogs and stuff.

Has anyone purchased a good stabilizer/gimbal for the gopro? I'm looking to buy one but not trying to break my wallet for one lol

Grave digging, but I just (literally just like 26min ago) bought a GPH4 Black. Anyone still using these? Any tips, awesome accessories? What is some good video editing programs that are tailored to the GP?

Anyone know why GoPro is falling off? I bought stock when it was $20 and it jumped to $100. And sold it. It went down to $2 recently.

I have a GoPro and I don't use it anymore. Was it just a fad?

I saw the hero 4 dropped its price to $199.

Grave digging, but I just (literally just like 26min ago) bought a GPH4 Black. Anyone still using these? Any tips, awesome accessories? What is some good video editing programs that are tailored to the GP?
I use mine sparingly. Bought one last year to motivate myself to travel more
laugh.gif

The head mount has been my favorite, must have accessory IMO and you obviously need a stick/handler 

As far as editing programs, I stay with iMovie. Real easy to use
Anyone know why GoPro is falling off? I bought stock when it was $20 and it jumped to $100. And sold it. It went down to $2 recently.

I'm wonder that too. I think it's cause the average consumer isn't an extreme athlete 
laugh.gif

you can use their free gopro studioediting software, it is pretty bare bones but it gives you the basic ability to combine & cut clips, imovie or whatever is windows movie maker will do as well if you want to get fancy adobe premeire & final cut pro are pro level and are a bit more involved & $$$ (da vinvi resolve is also pro level and is free! but is much more involved)

not a fad but a relatively niche market combined with an inventory surplus & no new products last year, they should be dropping a drone this year & i'd imagine a 360 camera too...

Last edited:
Here's my latest GoPro vid. I spent 30 or so hours in San Diego last weekend and filmed some of it:

song: Sango - Vem Vem

Took my GoPro on our honeymoon to Saint Lucia back in late May early June. Finally got around to putting the vids together and making a video. Its hella long I know but I didnt want to cut anything else out of it. Got a sunrise and sunset timelapse in there and everything. All the videos except the plane landing timelapse (took with my iphone closed in the plane window shade) were shot on my GopPro Hero 5 black. Everything was edited in iMovie

Last edited:
messing around with these 360 cameras is too much fun, just a ride around my neighborhood...my head hurts from watching tho

Back
Top Bottom