Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

There it is
laugh.gif
at you not knowing the chicago 1 thread reference but u keep on conducting pal lmao 

to you, for millions of people who visit da zoos, its da closet thing they have to experiencing nature.

I see what you're trying to say, but this isn't a subjective argument.

A zoo is not nature.

And not being able to afford a trip to Africa to see these animals in the wild is an not a good excuse to keep these amazing creatures in a cage. Exotic animals are not a luxury or a privilege to see. If you aren't able to go to conservation or see them directly in the wild, tough ****, go watch discovery channel.

You Asian?

I don't get why your so stuck on that.

Conductor

More so.

I think people like to get on their soapboxes after a tragedy to tell people how right they are and how wrong we are like we don't see what you see.

Speaking for myself, im not taking a moral high ground or telling people what to care about.

In fact, im with you on pointing out the same hypocrisies you did.

I do and I don't care to be honest.

It's funny where ya'll choose to be disgusted.

Asians sweatshops, so you won't buy clothes.

Blood diamonds so I guess your wives ring will be plastic.

Oil funding terrorism so you don't use heat or drive a car.

Yes we realize a lot of these animals would be better off in nature. That's not entertaining.

Quick to use events like this as your soapbox but I ain't buyin it :lol:

I bet ya'll swore off meat when that whole farming cruelty outraged popped off didn't you?

Most of these discussions have been brought up over the years on NT.
I buy union made when I can as I am in a union(NYC union carpenter) myself and believe in unions unlike many on here. Of course, this isn't always practical with most mainstream items.
I refuse to buy diamonds with the racket Debeers has going. The diamonds I have are family heirlooms otherwise I'm buying diamonds that are man made.
Oil? Well, there's this thing called a modern city. I happen to live in it and need to use a train(still needs oil for moving parts) or car to get around. We haven't quite moved to a more sustainable form of energy yet. I'm no scientist (shrugs).
As for meat. I hunt with a bunch of other constructiom workers. Venison lasts for months in our fridge. It's quick and humane. I buy from trader joes and try to always buy pasture-raised. I do what I can for a person who lives in NYC(for now). :lol:
Yes, seeing these animals in nature is the most exciting way to observe them. Highly recommend Enchanted Kingdom, hell, most of the docs on Netflix. They're also much more informative than zoos are.

Lifestyle isn't that of a monk but I try my best and acknowledge the consequences and ripple effects of actions. Trying to do more than just be another mouth breather thats only about themselves..

And not being able to afford a trip to Africa to see these animals in the wild is an not a good excuse to keep these amazing creatures in a cage. Exotic animals are not a luxury or a privilege to see. If you aren't able to go to conservation or see them directly in the wild, tough ****, go watch discovery channel.
Agree to disagree.

As the apex, it's tough **** for the animals.

Most of these discussions have been brought up over the years on NT.
I buy union made when I can as I am in a union(NYC union carpenter) myself and believe in unions unlike many on here. Of course, this isn't always practical with most mainstream items.
I refuse to buy diamonds with the racket Debeers has going. The diamonds I have are family heirlooms otherwise I'm buying diamonds that are man made.
Oil? Well, there's this thing called a modern city. I happen to live in it and need to use a train(still needs oil for moving parts) or car to get around. We haven't quite moved to a more sustainable form of energy yet. I'm no scientist (shrugs).
As for meat. I hunt with a bunch of other constructiom workers. Venison lasts for months in our fridge. It's quick and humane. I buy from trader joes and try to always buy pasture-raised. I do what I can for a person who lives in NYC(for now).
laugh.gif

Yes, seeing these animals in nature is the most exciting way to observe them. Highly recommend Enchanted Kingdom, hell, most of the docs on Netflix. They're also much more informative than zoos are.

Lifestyle isn't that of a monk but I try my best and acknowledge the consequences and ripple effects of actions. Trying to do more than just be another mouth breather thats only about themselves..

to you, for millions of people who visit da zoos, its da closet thing they have to experiencing nature.
I personally learn more about the animal kingdom watching documentaries and reading books.

Seeing and reading about animals in their natural habitat, hunting, keeping shelter, reproducing  > watching a caged animal eat grass, play with their yambs and fling feces.

Parents need to hold this L, but TBH not a big loss, it's a Gorilla..

/thread

Real talk

Would y'all rather go 1 on 1 w a SBG or a great white shark

There's video of people fighting off great whites with their hands.

So I'm going with the great white :lol:

I personally learn more about the animal kingdom watching documentaries and reading books.

Seeing and reading about animals in their natural habitat, hunting, keeping shelter, reproducing  > watching a caged animal eat grass, play with their yambs and fling feces.

:rofl: @ the last sentence.
And that's the norm.
I went to a zoo where an exotic mammal just stared at the wall, still. His buddy kept trying to snap him out of it by nudging him. I saw a polar bear rocking his headback and forth, taking one step back, one step forward, non stop. You can clearly tell they go mental. These animals can't do what drives them, what's implemented in their genes.

Back
Top Bottom