Gotham Knight video game (new trailer) 8/22/20 p.66

Only 6 more months to go :frown:

6EcKxvj.gif

COMICS: BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Prequel Series To Launch In February

Fans of the award-winning and bestselling game series, including previous releases Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, know the Joker is dead and Arkham City is closed. As a new day begins, Bruce Wayne finds himself in devastating pain, recovering from his injuries and questioning whether his role as Batman is still necessary to the city’s survival. But as the sun rises in Gotham City, dangerous new threats emerge from the shadows…and the Arkham Knight is just beginning. This in-continuity prequel comic set prior to the events of the brand-new video game Batman: Arkham Knight is a must-read!

View media item 1302508

Last edited:
I'm hyped for this game. Wish I would've played the ones before, i messed up by not :smh:

I've been so disappointed in the state of this console generation but I have faith in Rocksteady Studios :pimp:

But about Superman tho....

A couple of months ago Rocksteady released a trilogy of new Batman: Arkham Knight trailers, which showed the Dark Knight infiltrating Ace Chemicals. Rocksteady social marketing manager Gaz Deaves got together with IGN for another look at the trailer, this time with some commentary.

Rocksteady claimed that Arkham Knight is a new villain for Batman and not a rebranded one.

We'll see.

Just saw the M rating news on IGN.

Wonder what content AK has in to warrant that rating?
nerd.gif

This is what Sefton Hill (Rocksteady founder) Has to say about it:

"From our point of view, we never wrote it or made it with a rating in mind. We never did that in the previous two games... We just felt that this is the story that we really wanted to tell. In terms of creating the story, with such strong characters, sometimes they lead you in interesting directions. They lead you because you know who they are and you build the world around that."

Sefton Hill went on to explain exactly why after 3 games with no M rating, they are making Arkham Knight an M rated game, "As the end of the trilogy, we have every villain in Gotham working together to destroy Batman. It's unavoidable that some bad stuff is going to happen. But that doesn't mean we changed our approach. We're not including gratuitous blood or swearing. We want to deliver a true end with no compromises, and it takes us to some dark places."

It was also talked about how the villains and Batman would interact with each other in this video game, "Themes are more mature to some extent. At the same time it's balanced as it's always been. This isn't the case of stripped back Batman. In the case of Arkham Knight, Batman is at his peak and most powerful. That's why they also have to push him harder than before. You still get the power fantasy of being the Batman. But to counter that strength, the super villains are going to fight dirty and take him to dark places."

Sefton Hill even mentions how earlier in the development for Arkham Knight, WB contacted him and let him know that some things in the game would cause some problems for them. "I was really freaked out because the solution was to lose the scenes," Hill said. "But they were key scenes! We couldn't lose them! I got the email. I'm freaked out. I thought this was going to destroy the game, everything I'm passionate about... I was building myself up for this big argument. I didn't get much sleep..."

The conversation was closed with the director acknowledging that several fans of the beloved Arkham series were going to miss out, but he knew the risk apparently, "I'm not blind to the fact that [the M rating] does mean some fans will miss out... I don't want to be oblivious to that fact. It would have been wrong to water down the game and deliver a story we didn't believe in to keep the game "mass market" or enable it for more people. We feel that's the wrong way to go about it. We said we love the story and we don't want to jepoardize that."

They should make games like this with the justice league or suicide squad. 

This is the last one for sure? 

Yeah definitely the last for Batman, at least from Rocksteady. I guess WB could make more without Rocksteadys involvement like Origins?

There was a rumor that Rocksteady was working on a JL game before Akham Knight was announced so who knows if that is next? If at the end of this one Superman appears asking him to get out of Gotham for a bigger threat coming? We shall see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom