Great News: Bordeaux VII's 100% CONFIRMED for 2011

That's good news. I've been waiting for these to retro sense I had the OG'S in 7th grade. At least two pairs for me. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by JosueXI

Bordeaux VII > DMP VII

you're missing a couple of these >>>>>>>>>>
What do you think they'll change about the shoe?

i hope the tongues have a lot of yellow and bordeaux

29x910n.gif

Originally Posted by Yung J Walker

These will always remind me of mike jack from the jams video. G.O.A.T and the king of pop both together. Str8 classic so I just had to post this pix
pimp.gif

Loving it. MJ for life.

Let me throw my story out there...

Back in the summer of 92' my boy's brother picked up a pair of these and and when he broke them out and showed them to us we knew we just had to get some.  My boy and myself felt all dejected because all we had were our beat down VI's and we were dying for a pair of these.  Of course when I hit my mom and dad up they said no way.  New shoes were only for the start of the school year and Christmas...

Fast forward to the fall of that year and it was time to purchase my new shoes for school.  Of course this is the pair I wanted...Headed to the Footlocker over in the Boulevard mall (for all you Las Vegas heads) and guess what...they didn't have this colorway.  I Hit up the Dillard's, JCPenny, and finally the Sports Authority that were in same area and could not find this colorway anywhere.  Ended up getting the Black / Red colorway instead...Don't get me wrong I loved the Black / Red colorway but they still took second place in my mind behind the Bordeaux's...I did purchase a pair around 2001 or so but ended up selling them off because I was getting the itch to wear them and I knew that I would have destroyed them if I did...

For those of you who know me, you know that I've been semi-retired for the past couple years.  Now I haven't made a shoe purchase since the Eminem II's in December 08' and even they were kind of a spur of the moment thing.  I say I've been semi-retired because I've been holding out hope that Brand Jordan would pull their heads out of their collective %%%*@ and retro this colorway of the VII's so that I could make my purchase and close out my shoe hoarding day's...

Despite me not making a shoe purchase in the last 2 years, and aside from the fact that I don't even look at the sneakers I have packed away anymore, I can say for sure that...If these are true to the originals...I'll be purchasing 3 pairs without hesitation.  I've grown up with these shoes being my grail and if they come out being fairly good I will finally be able to scratch them off my list.  Of course I'll get a couple pairs for little Vegetaray so he can see where daddy's obsession took root...

Of course knowing what Brand Jordan has done with quality over the past few years (since 2004-05' at least) these will likely be messed up in some form or another.  Here is to hoping though...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

This was the fashion back in the early 90's. People wore a variety of colors in one outfit.
i.e. - Check out Martin in the beginning of the "All Cole'd Out" episode.

Peeped it this morning.

B [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] O [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color][color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]R[/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  D [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  E  [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]A[/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]U[/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)] X  ![/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

They had better do this right!!!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

This was the fashion back in the early 90's. People wore a variety of colors in one outfit.
i.e. - Check out Martin in the beginning of the "All Cole'd Out" episode.

Peeped it this morning.
you mean 
laugh.gif
 Baby, It's Cole'd In Here 

I used to get really excited when I'd hear news about a most-wanted OG making it's return in retro form. But now, I try and speculate what changes the Brand is gonna hit us with next.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited about the comeback of these, but I just hope the changes aren't too drastic.

I can already guess that the shape will be more like the Olympic VII's that just dropped (no big deal to me) and I'm guessing we'll get a glossy midsole like they did with the charcoal IX's. (Again, no big deal) But, hopefully THAT'S ALL! Leave the other materials and colors alone! Don't try and give us a solid colored tongue or a different colored pull tab on the back. Leave the nubuck alone and DON'T try and suede it up.

Originally Posted by ijapino

I used to get really excited when I'd hear news about a most-wanted OG making it's return in retro form. But now, I try and speculate what changes the Brand is gonna hit us with next.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited about the comeback of these, but I just hope the changes aren't too drastic.

I can already guess that the shape will be more like the Olympic VII's that just dropped (no big deal to me) and I'm guessing we'll get a glossy midsole like they did with the charcoal IX's. (Again, no big deal) But, hopefully THAT'S ALL! Leave the other materials and colors alone! Don't try and give us a solid colored tongue or a different colored pull tab on the back. Leave the nubuck alone and DON'T try and suede it up.
TRUTH and well said homie. I completely agree with everything stated above. It's sad and unfortunate that it has come to the point where we not just EXPECT changes to be made, changes that in some cases drastically downgrades the shoe from its Original model, but more so of the fact that they've been so abundant that we simply just have no choice but to ACCEPT them as well. I for one will also copp these as they bring back memories as I've never had a chance to get my hands on an OG pair. Therefore, score another for JB. Winner winner Chicken dinner lol 

I'd rather have Hares than these. But since I missed out on the CDP, I might have to settle for Bordeauxs. Need a pair of OG colorway 7s in my collection, and the recent FTLOTG Olympic 7s just won't do and neither will the butchered DMP 7s.

Back
Top Bottom