Greatest Laker of All Time?

we talking best player to ever wear the purple and gold (including their career with other teams) or just their play with the Lakers?

how is the Captain not mentioned even once?

Fam no one is thinking about statues.

if anything they will say whatever statue is outside their arena.

like i said, Balboa is probably the most known since everyone knows that damn mvie.

As for the Cap. its probably because he spent alot of his time in Milwaukee (sp?) and fed off of Magic.

Magic is what top four in triple doubles, Game winer against Celtics in the Finals, SHowtime, Fiery and always smiling, 9 times in the finals out of like 12 years of his career. Game 7 heroics in first Finals starting off as center, and he retired early because of the virus and had a lot left in the tank to ee what he could do.

i think kobe is probably better than magic

but then again i dont think he knows how to win still.

yea you can say he has 5 rings but heres why.

if it werent for the lakers bein so good he would have shot them out of these finals.

like he did in 2004.

i mean he took so many STUPID shots in game 7 alone

idk why @ age 31 his shot selection hasnt improved.

and then you have phil jackson telling him twice in the same playoffs to "quit tryin to do too much"

once in the oklahoma series and then again in game 7

i mean do you think anybody would EVER have to tell michael,magic or larry to quit tryin to do too much?

these guys knew how to play from the get go,as soon as they came in the league.

it just seems like kobe still aint figured that out and he's already gonna be 32

he's won these titles on talent alone.  i think he has a very poor basketball IQ for a player as great as him.

and by basketball IQ i mean shot selection,occasional defensive lapses,and how to get the most out of your team mates

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Magic said Kobe needed to get 5 to be better than him, he did it.

Shaq said Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time.

Jerry West said Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time.

Those 3 guys opinions >>> anyone elses in this thread, including mine.

The bottom line is people who discount Kobe are just haters. Why is it that everyone within the organization (former players, coaches, current ones) say that Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time, but NT disagrees? Why is it that current players, former players, hall of famers, current coaches, former coaches and pretty much everyone involved in the NBA say Kobe is the greatest player on this planet, yet NT disagrees? Its just funny to me. You people all know better than the greatest players/coaches to ever grace an NBA court.

When all is said and done, Kobe will be the best Laker of all time.....much like he is the best player in the game today.

How is anyone under the age of 25 (at least), which I assume most of us are...going to actually form an opinion on how good Magic was?

ESPN Classic?

I hate this, this is why I have avoided NT in the wake of the Lakers victory, KOBE WILL NEVER BE BETTER THAN MAGIC. period.

He isn't Magic, never will be, his peak will never be what Magic's peak was. He could win 8 championships, this still wouldn't change. Magic won a championship by him self, one of like 3 people in the history of the league to do so and the only permiter player, he could play every position on the court and no matter who was on his team you were guaranteed to win 50 games.

Kobe is great one of the top 15-20 greatest players of all time, but he is not Magic.

Originally Posted by dland24

The bottom line is people who discount Kobe are just haters. Why is it that everyone within the organization (former players, coaches, current ones) say that Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time, but NT disagrees? Why is it that current players, former players, hall of famers, current coaches, former coaches and pretty much everyone involved in the NBA say Kobe is the greatest player on this planet, yet NT disagrees? Its just funny to me. You people all know better than the greatest players/coaches to ever grace an NBA court.

When all is said and done, Kobe will be the best Laker of all time.....much like he is the best player in the game today.

You dudes are real funny. Do you realize that Magic is highly regarded as one of the Top 3 greatest basketball players of all-time??  By you dudes trying to leap frog Kobe ahead of Magic, be it either greatest Laker of all-time or what have you your pretty much saying that Kobe is now one of the Top 3 greatest basketball player of all-time.  Do you guys not see the error of your ways??   

You guys are really talking about statues?? REALLY???
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom