greatest sports movie?

Watching Glory Road on tv got me talking about the greatest sports movie of all time with my friend...

I had to go with Rocky IV.

honorable mention:
he got game
happy gilmore
remember the titans
invincible
white men can't jump
best of the best
cool runnings
D2: The Mighty Ducks
Space Jam
Rookie of the Year

still haven't seen friday night lights or invincible...

I know there are plenty more...what are some of yours?

Originally Posted by el terrible23

Rookie of the Year
Henry balked in the movie and the umps didn't call it
smh.gif
. IMO, that disqualifies it as a sports movie.

Eddie? Some cowboy on a horse in MSG in the greatest sports movie ever? Wow. I'd have to go with The Natural. Definitely one of the greats.

Rookie of the Year and Little Big League had nothing to this kid baseball CLASSIC
SANDLOT%20THE_FLR.jpg

Out of the many quotables in that movie, I love it when Porter ask Smalls if he wants a smore and and Smalls says he didnt eat yet so how can I have some moreand Porter says "YOUR KILLING ME SMALLS!"
laugh.gif

EDIT* found thevid

Rudy hasnt been mentioned yet? anyone who has played ball and doesnt get chills when dude gets the sack and they pan to his mom and dad cheering in the standsdoesnt have a pulse ... how about the single greatest moment in cinema history when a bleeding roy hobbs knocks one off the lights to deep right in The Natural(buh buh buuuuuh, buhbuh buhbuhbuh)? Bull Durham ... so many good sports movies, but unfortunately so many bad ones ...

edit... woooooooooooooow ... definitely forgot about The Sandlot aka my favorite movie of all time ever in any genre ... i can quote the whole movie right nowstarting with the beginning ive seen that movie so many times i can watch it in my mind i dont need any dvd lol

he got game
actually one of my favorite movies to watch on a lazy day, but i don't consider this a sports movie.

Hoosiers
always felt this movie was overrated... i know i'm in the minority though.

my top 11(in no order):
friday night lights
field of dreams
miracle
the bad news bears
rudy
white men can't jump
the color of money
the hustler
the karate kid
major league
rocky

Rudy
Sandlot
The Natural
League of their Own
eek.gif

Tin Cup
White man cant jump
Cool Runnings
Bad News Bears (the orig)

The garbage picking, field goal goal kicking, Philadelphia phenomenon. Starring Tony Danza

laugh.gif

Really though, my vote goes to Rocky IV

Back
Top Bottom