greatest year in jb history?

So as we all know Gentry's trying to make 2008 one of the best years in JB history with the release of the XX3s and all of the packages. In your opinionwhat was the best year in JB history? Date back to before JB was it's own brand.

I think 2001 was the best year with the retro of the XI and I and the release of the XVI.

I'll concur with 00-01, but I've got to give honorable mention to 2007 and hopefully this 2008. 06-07 brought us the 5, 3, and OLNL and '08 speaksfor itself so far. I do see the direction the company may be heading with all of these Fusions and other ridiculousness, so this may indeed be our last hurrah.It would take something truly phenomenonal to top 00-01 though. Space Jams, Cool Greys, Retro 1 . . . damn those were the days

Originally Posted by Agent0024

I'll concur with 00-01, but I've got to give honorable mention to 2007 and hopefully this 2008. 06-07 brought us the 5, 3, and OLNL and '08 speaks for itself so far. I do see the direction the company may be heading with all of these Fusions and other ridiculousness, so this may indeed be our last hurrah. It would take something truly phenomenonal to top 00-01 though. Space Jams, Cool Greys, Retro 1 . . . damn those were the days

Yea and they were all butchered, Gentry served up the filet mignon and took a big piss on it.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Yea and they were all butchered, Gentry served up the filet mignon and took a big piss on it.

laugh.gif
.....honestly he shouldnt even get that much credit

Originally Posted by 3thaman

TELL 'EM HOW U REALLY FEEL 3 ! ! ! I'll take what I can get with Brand Jordan, which is not much these days...I share your negativity for thepresentation and quality but the alternative is NO RETROS and hundreds of dollars for OGs or 2nd Gen. Retros that may not be wearable

Well this was before JB actually but the best year for Jordan's was 1988...case closed. AJ III is the greatest basketball shoe ever.

Originally Posted by drznumba1

I think 2001 was the best year with the retro of the XI and I and the release of the XVI.

How could you leave out the 3s?????????

It was only myself and some other guy waiting outside Footlocker in downtown Chi on State Street for the black cement iii.
I don't know if I can pick one yr tho....99-01 was pretty darn good for retros...in that period some XIV's & XVI's were good.

But as far as strictly OG's, I would have to say XIII's in 97-98....Things will NEVER be what they WERE....and by things I mean quality.

What happened to quality>quantity.

JB is the opposite now....there seems to be 300 pairs releasing per yr(counting all the teams etc shoes).

2000 - because the V is my favorite and those might have been the last true Vs for a while

2006 - second place, lots to choose from, regardless of quality or jumpman

2001 was a great year but as things look for the future this year will be the best hands down

i know the quality of jordans is down but to have every numbered jordan release in the same year is just incredible

this year is going to bring back great shoes like the carmines,hares ,and spacejams not to mention the all new super hype of the 23s that released

and we still have awsome shoes like the 3s,4s,5s,and12s that will come out later this year plus ,

quickstrike 6s, new olympic 7s,and also some retro 1s and thats just what we know about

who knows what the rest of the year will bring but , so far this is one for the history books

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

2001 was a great year but as things look for the future this year will be the best hands down

i know the quality of jordans is down but to have every numbered jordan release in the same year is just incredible

this year is going to bring back great shoes like the carmines,hares ,and spacejams not to mention the all new super hype of the 23s that released

and we still have awsome shoes like the 3s,4s,5s,and12s that will come out later this year plus ,

quickstrike 6s, new olympic 7s,and also some retro 1s and thats just what we know about

who knows what the rest of the year will bring but , so far this is one for the history books
01 was so so hot, but if the spacejams are released with 11/12 and the 3's and 4's are not butchered 08 will be great, hell we already got
smokin.gif
6's

Back
Top Bottom