Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyre IDENTICAL

Except a few little things

And they were made in the same factory too.

Right?

Thats what ur gonna hear
Even if u have pics of the differences

"Theyre still the same man. "
I once bought a real looking $100 bill for $75... for the price why not

looks just like the one you get from the bank on release date.. same exact materials & everything

(probably made in the same factory, although i can't prove that... but i mean they're so close like identical twins),

just super minor differences though.. like its too crispy on the edges, missing one skinny line & a dot.

i tried to deposit it at a bank, they're not sure about it & scanned it under a machine.. they said its fake,

i told them they're still the same bro, its just not authorized by the federal reserve, I heard the same guy who works at the federal made them too, because they don't pay him enough.. no one would even know the difference,, unless they have a really good counterfeit money scanner or check with the feds.

they said no, its still counterfeit... so its fake.. next thing you know the secret service took me & threw me in jail because its illegal to knowingly possess counterfeit money & goods. end of story

moral of the super cool story my bros: I've learned that the secret service handles counterfeiting crimes
laugh.gif
This is the entire thread in a nutshell.
There are plenty of people here capable of an intelligent argument but you respond to those that aren't. Real helpful.
40% of this thread are posts by the same 3-4 people constantly saying they are the same with absolutely nothing new to add or aid anybody in coming to the same conclusion as them.  Just a simple wink and nod with a "trust me bro, they are the same".

Only thing I've learned from this thread is there are some damn good fakes out there and there's a large number of people that can't or don't care to differentiate between these fakes and authentic pairs.  Rock your fakes if it makes you happy, ultimately you aren't hurting anybody.

laugh.gif
because a few here lately been promoting counterfeits

like counterfeiting is not a crime

discussion cool, promotion?

Last edited:
Im not going to get into defining counterfeiting and listing the differences between knockoffs/counterfeits/replicas/variants/black market vs grey market because thats been done tons of times already.

To each his own i suppose. I personally believe what nikedealer said to be true, given his reputation here, his work with nike, and his claims also given what ive learned about manufacturing through my experience as an engineer. Although I've been able to get my shoes through retail avenues for the past 10 or so years, its good to know that If i do miss out and my only option to get a retail pair of shoes is to pay double or even triple the price, that there are other avenues, albeit more risky, to get a pair thats made of the same components as shoes in stores.

The burden of proof also lies with you buddy. Prove that theyre not made from the same materials, in the same factories, by the same people. Show me a video of a nike official holding a gm pair in one hand and retail pair in the other saying "These are not the same".

Were you serious with this?

Lolll rock deeps rep?

You mean the guy who scammed a kid on here for his lebrons and then took this great photo with the kids shoes?

View media item 500912
And wasn't his work with Nike years and years ago?

I'm talking before grey markets were even really popular. Plus, wasn't he focused on the obvious counterfeits like coolkickz.com spongebob dub zeros?

Lolll rock deeps rep?

You mean the guy who scammed a kid on here for his lebrons and then took this great photo with the kids shoes?

I'm talking before grey markets were even really popular. Plus, wasn't he focused on the obvious counterfeits like coolkickz.com spongebob dub zeros?
what happened with the rockdeep and the lebrons? this is news to me

Yeah the post i found was from 2010-2011 He specifically pointed out Air Randy in the posts i found. 

The burden of proof also lies with you buddy. Prove that theyre not made from the same materials, in the same factories, by the same people. Show me a video of a nike official holding a gm pair in one hand and retail pair in the other saying "These are not the same".

Last edited:
this is actually pretty funny because i agree, there are people just like that in this thread. on both sides

i for one am just trying to learn. just as ive mentioned through out this thread. I dont own any GM shoes, but i have had the opportunity to see one in person. and like i mentioned before some 30 or 40 pages back aside from the size they looked and felt exactly like the pairs i got from finishline.

but youre right its all about supporting your claims. which i atleast make an attempt to do every time i make a claim.

Okay man we get it. How about you do some research and help prove your point, show that they're not made from the "same everything". This thread is here for people to learn. These posts you keep making are as useless as the people saying they're identical with out any proof.

There are plenty of people here capable of an intelligent argument but you respond to those that aren't. Real helpful.

....funny i wasnt coming at you

Useless? Someone quoted me with a good dollar bill story, or someone chose to not read that one :wink:?

Also, i didn say they werent made from the "same evetrything. "

I just said there are differences. Which there are.

And those people that "can have an intelligent ARGUEMENT" (which is not wht i want), are the same ones using the phrase "theyre identical, except..."

All ive ever said is, theyre different. In little ways or whatever, but when you put them next to the real pairs, you can tell they are different.

Yeah tell someone to research a black market product in the country where its not made.....you will get real far with that research.

The only way to research this is to go to the source, or hit up nike.

Should i ask nike about all the taobao sellers and see what they say? Haha

Last edited:

Useless? Someone quoted me with a good dollar bill story, or someone chose to not read that one
wink.gif
?

And those people that "can have an intelligent ARGUEMENT" (which is not wht i want), are the same ones using the phrase "theyre identical, except..."

All ive ever said is, theyre different. In little ways or whatever, but when you put them next to the real pairs, you can tell they are different.

Yeah tell someone to research a black market product in the country where its not made.....you will get real far with that research.

I apologize for coming at you. just getting frustrated with both sides saying prove this and prove that and its just getting annoying.  But like i said earlier i personally would never use the word identical to describe retail shoes because the differences between retail shoes of the same size in the same store can have major differences. So i wouldnt be as bold to say that GMs are identical. I will agree that some Gms have typical characteristics like blue sole on space jams but theyve released GM space jams with clear soles as well.

One thing I also noticed the other day is how clear the soles of  some GM cool greys are. When I bought mine they were damn near bright blue although the tint did fade overtime while still being deadstock

Useless? Someone quoted me with a good dollar bill story, or someone chose to not read that one :wink:?

if you were to hit up nike they would not give one *****s. They would still be making money than lose any. They're a billion dollar company :smokin

I guarantee you they care.

It's just that the price of labor in china >>> money they lose from grey market sales

If it ever got to a point where people started choosing grey market shoes over retail pairs for whatever reason, watch how quickly they do something about it.

This thread is obnoxious.

it brings me back to my original point from yesterday. If you think they are fake, awesome. Then why are you here? If you don't wanna buy them then fine, don't. If you stated your opinion that's fine. Then let it go cus your not changing anyone's mind. Other than that you just wanna argue...

I don't even understand why you guys feel the need to defend GM shoes. If you buy and wear them, who gives a **** what these other dudes think and your never gonna change their mind either.

If you stopped arguing about the validity and theory of where they come from, you might get people to actually post photos of pairs and info so you can see for yourself.

This back and forth is monotonous. Aren't you tired of arguing your point? do you feel like your making headway in changing anyone's mind? Because your not...

Lolll rock deeps rep?

View media item 500912

I knew this was coming

I guarantee you they care.

It's just that the price of labor in china >>> money they lose from grey market sales

If it ever got to a point where people started choosing grey market shoes over retail pairs for whatever reason, watch how quickly they do something about it.
These taobao stores have been open for years now. Why hasnt nike done anything to stop these grey market websites? 

You guys are gonna get this thread locked, some of you need to chill with the redundant arguing and personal attacks.  

If you want to have a serious debate with someone take it to PM. 

Im just curious learning more about this topic and where and how far this thing can go,  

These taobao stores have been open for years now. Why hasnt nike done anything to stop these grey market websites? 

Because I don't think they can. These other countries have corrupt governments plus I don't think the patent laws carry over like that. All they could probably do is move manufacturing to a different country.

^nike loses no money to GM shoes.

not even gonna touch on all that other rubbish about corrupt governments and vague concepts of trademarks. sheesh.

there goes that imaginary theory.

Last edited:
LMAO, my friend works at Pizza Hut and told me to come up there and get a free Pizza right before they close. If I get the pizza after it closes does it mean I got a GM pizza?

That's how some of these scenario are sounding in this thread.SMH

Last edited:
so the pizza was free?
your friend didn't ask for a couple bucks? you didn't give him a few bucks?

Last edited:
LMAO, my friend works at Pizza Hut and told me to come up there and get a free Pizza right before they close. If I get the pizza after it closes does it mean I got a GM pizza?

That's how some of these scenario are sounding in this thread is sounding.SMH
This is a wonderful analogy though.  Good way of explaining it 
happy.gif

Indeed GM sneakers are exactly like a pizza made after closing when say, the manager has left and 2 associates have stayed behind to finish and lock up.  They make a pizza for themselves to take home and there is no manager to check the pizza for quality concerns and it goes out the door with the co-workers as they lock up.  When they get it home, it has the same cheese, sauce, crust, and seasoning so all is tasty.  It was even made in the same oven as all the other pizza pies.  Hell, it might even be tastier than the last pie they made.  Every pizza pie is slightly different and will never be exactly like the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom