Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do the foams look fake? :lol:

and please explain whats wrong with the Jordan 1's? ive asked twice and still not explanation..

I notice fakes have the floppy pull tabs. Also the bottom near the sole has some noticeable flaws and stitching problems up at the durabuck.

Last edited:
Some people will just never get it, no matter how hard you pound it into their head. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Last edited:
is that what some of us have been saying? :lol:

I swear man... I swear :lol:

how do the foams look fake? :lol:

and please explain whats wrong with the Jordan 1's? ive asked twice and still not explanation..

I notice fakes have the floppy pull tabs. Also the bottom near the sole has some noticeable flaws and stitching problems up at the durabuck.

But is that enough to warrant a shoe fake? I've bought foams from Footlocker with floppy pull tabs. I've gotten sneakers with stitching problems and glue problems. Thats not enough to warrant a shoe "fake".

Last edited:
I almost regret that this thread was created and this topic was brought to light because this has long been the best kept secret in the sneaker game. It was a way around resellers and a way to get pairs that you missed out on. All you had to do was find a trustworthy source and you were set.

Everyone needs to make sure they understand this:

ALL early release kicks, unless they have SAMPLE stamped inside of them, are grey market. Production has to start before the release date of the shoes. Nike doesn't just magically drop them in stores on the release date. In the time leading up to release, pairs are leaked out of the factory one way or another and end up being sold in a different market than Nike had planned for in it's supply chain. These are sunk costs due to poor factory management and employee dissatisfaction and greed. These costs and lost pairs don't make even remotely close to a big enough impact for them to do anything about it. And that is why this market exists.

Illegal and unethical business practices occur in companies all across the world on both macro and micro levels every single day! If you think Nike, one of the largest corporations in the world, is immune to this then you are uneducated or gullible.

The only thing I want to elaborate on is that these leaked pairs seem to have a higher chance of defects, imperfections, or mistakes (because they are from early stages of production, or made after hours, quickly, are discarded, or whatever reason).

Calling these FAKE is up to your definition. It's definitely illegal - that might make it "fake" to you. The seemingly higher rate of mistakes may make it "fake" to you. Or the fact that they may lack some elements as a way of cutting costs, time, or the chance of getting caught while producing these extra unauthroized pairs (i.e. Nightwing's missing air bag when he cuts open the XI).

But all "grey market" pairs are not defective or shoddily made. Some can be exactly like you'd find at FTL, except they fell off the truck and into the hands of Marqueesole or Air-Randy. You're basically taking a risk when ordering from there: getting a FTL-quality shoe that wound up in their hands, or a hastily made shoe with some defects (which you may be fine with).

There's no one way to define a grey market shoe. Thats a... "grey" area. *rimshot*

Last edited:
The difference, is that I'm posting kicks that came from a Nike factory, used the same materials, and were assembled by the same people who made the pairs you get at licensed retailers.

Your definition of a "grey market factory" is a factory OUTSIDE of Nike's jurisdiction altering/reassembling fake pairs to better resemble the real thing. Changing materials to look like the actual materials Nike uses. That's not a grey market factory. That is simply a FAKE factory.
Hate to be a mini mod but you just don't know what you're talking about. Just drop the whole fake Yeezy discussion. It's irrelevant.

#1. You don't know where GM shoes come from, that's just an assumption. Even though it's widely shared view, NOBODY knows for sure.

#2. I never stated my definition of "grey market factory" shoes so why are you quoting me on something I NEVER SAID. Where did you come up with "MY DEFINITION"

I posted the pics to show that Yeezy's can be accurately replicated almost as a "what if". It was a hypothetical situation. Everything else your pulling out of your ***. I never even said any of this ****. I know exactly what I'm talking about, your missing my entire point and making completely false assumptions. Not to mention your a **** about it, and you threaten to report people like a bratty 6 year old kid and then threw a thread fit because someone posted something you don't like.

This thread was informative and interesting at first but intolerant ******** like that makes it ridiculous to follow. But we can post about gold, watches and every other ******ed analogy. I don't give a **** about those Yeezy's, but I think it would be interesting if someone could replicate them to the quality of the GM Space Jams we're seeing, and that was the point I was trying to make.

The difference, is that I'm posting kicks that came from a Nike factory, used the same materials, and were assembled by the same people who made the pairs you get at licensed retailers.

Your definition of a "grey market factory" is a factory OUTSIDE of Nike's jurisdiction altering/reassembling fake pairs to better resemble the real thing. Changing materials to look like the actual materials Nike uses. That's not a grey market factory. That is simply a FAKE factory.
Hate to be a mini mod but you just don't know what you're talking about. Just drop the whole fake Yeezy discussion. It's irrelevant.
#1. You don't know where GM shoes come from, that's just an assumption. Even though it's widely shared view, NOBODY knows for sure.
guess you didn't see da fact that homie got a fresh stash of grey market royal I's hot off da presses...

joints is coming from da fact factories b, looks like nike lost control of these independent contractors and they doing

w/e da eff they want.

And c'mon son. Those yeezys were not accurately replicated at all.

Okay, if that's how you feel that's cool. I personally think they are really close, I honestly can't tell the difference from those photos other than the red being a little dark maybe.

Someone said they are dropping grey market corks and yeezy's. Those are the closest non-authentic, replica, fake whatever that I've seen.

My point was if a factory gets the capibility to produce GM yeezy's it's gonna destroy the market. Even ones that look like those.

guess you didn't see da fact that homie got a fresh stash of grey market royal I's hot off da presses...

joints is coming from da fact factories b, looks like nike lost control of these independent contractors and they doing

w/e da eff they want.

I didn't say he was wrong, I actually share the same opinion. I just said nobody knows for sure, it's just an educated guess. He says he knows for a fact tho, so that's fine. I'm not deny that he does.

Last edited:

w/e da eff they want.
I couldn't be happier.

I've showed, and implied, as much as I can. If you don't get it by now you never will. I think I may be done posting in this thread now. I hope I was helpful. To those with an open mind and sound logic you should see what I'm saying.
thx bruh. preciate the info tbh

I think jumpmankb might be the first one to drop actual info from dealings/connections

For the most part we've been working on assumptions, both educated and uneducated

Great thread. I wish someone could find that thread where rockdeep addressed this topic. If I remember correctly, his info was very similar to jupmankb's.

I'm assuming this is directed at me so I will respond to it.

ALL early release kicks, unless they have SAMPLE stamped inside of them, are grey market. Production has to start before the release date of the shoes. Nike doesn't just magically drop them in stores on the release date. In the time leading up to release, pairs are leaked out of the factory one way or another and end up being sold in a different market than Nike had planned for in it's supply chain. These are sunk costs due to poor factory management and employee dissatisfaction and greed. These costs and lost pairs don't make even remotely close to a big enough impact for them to do anything about it. And that is why this market exists.

So if I am holding in my hands, the same exact shoe that I know will release in 1-3 months, why wouldn't I share it with the community? It's a pair from the batch of production that got out of the factory. Niketalk is where people come to see pics of things before they come out. THIS is how that happens. Don't "SMH" at me for contributing to this community. I've been here since 2003, no second accounts, no BS, have sold to some of the Mods on here, have met NTers in real life. I'm telling it how it is. I don't care if you don't believe me or wanna take my word any more. If I was posting fakes I'd be banned by now. Some of you guys are dense and caught up in fantasy.

Illegal and unethical business practices occur in companies all across the world on both macro and micro levels every single day! If you think Nike, one of the largest corporations in the world, is immune to this then you are uneducated or gullible.

Jesus I feel like I'm in business school doing a case study again
laugh.gif
Sounds like the shoes are 'hot' using that description. 

I wish I had more pics and more details, but the way i came across this pic was completely accidental... at a RESELLER/consignment

SHOP in clt, nc, and a dude comes up with the std nike box talking 'bout "you're not gonna believe what i got..."

these...

View media item 436030
they don't drop until september.  i don't have any details on the dates on the tags or where they were picked up, etc.  Production should either be finished or still going on for these.  The thing that makes me intrigued is: do retailers get their shipments in this early for something as far out as September (if we are assuming that these are legit authorized pair)?

Or... would this be lumped into the grey market category (assuming that the material and quality are on point)?

Last option, these could just be fake... i have no idea.

When I experience stuff like this in person, it just validates what jumpmankb and some other ppl are saying about early release/grey market.

Last edited:

#2. I never stated my definition of "grey market factory" shoes so why are you quoting me on something I NEVER SAID. Where did you come up with "MY DEFINITION"

I posted the pics to show that Yeezy's can be accurately replicated almost as a "what if". It was a hypothetical situation. Everything else your pulling out of your ***. I never even said any of this ****. I know exactly what I'm talking about, your missing my entire point and making completely false assumptions. Not to mention your a **** about it, and you threaten to report people like a bratty 6 year old kid and then threw a thread fit because someone posted something you don't like.

This thread was informative and interesting at first but intolerant ******** like that makes it ridiculous to follow. But we can post about gold, watches and every other ******ed analogy. I don't give a **** about those Yeezy's, but I think it would be interesting if someone could replicate them to the quality of the GM Space Jams we're seeing, and that was the point I was trying to make.

Nobody knows? :lol: SOMEBODY definitely knows where these shoes are coming from. Maybe not you or I, but somebody definitely knows, and they may be posting on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom