Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
the mod's agreeing doesnt mean its a fact, not going at them but they know as much as we do. just because they agree/disagree its nothing but their own opinion. Just like my own opinion, yours, and who ever elses.

while most of us in here who actually know a thing or two we have come to the conclusion that these are real but crappy quality since they are extra pairs being made and not going through any sort of QC. pretty much a reject IMO.

while some have no flaw, majority especially from shady sellers will come with some sort of flaw.

i think im done in this thread, unless something mind blowing happens (which wont) there really is nothing else to say. THE SHOES ARE MADE IN FACTORY AS ALL OTHERS, SAME WORKS, SAME EXACT MATERIALS, SAME INSOLES, SAME AIR, SAME TECHS only issue is minor imperfections but the shoe is real deal.

Before you leave though, I don't know if you said it or not, but were the WC4s you posted GM or Retail? I just have to know. haha

Read back a bit further, the only "noticeable" differences that have been pointed out IMO are things that unless someone took your shoe off and examined it for imperfections, ppl would never know.  And I know there are bad Gm's out there that are just plain crap.  Might honestly consider picking up a few pairs I missed as I refuse to pay the double or triple box price, I have enough RD pairs and what not that i just wouldn't care where these came from, bottom line, if they look real to me, and I'm only paying 30-40 above retail I can live with that.  Nike/JB have gotten enough of my fund$, time to cut out the middle man (Nike/FNL/EB/etc) and pay these factory brokers lol.  My only concern is getting a really bad pair and not being able to get a refund/exchange on it.  But it comes with the territory which is the only reason why I have yet to pull the trigger. 

the mod's agreeing doesnt mean its a fact, not going at them but they know as much as we do. just because they agree/disagree its nothing but their own opinion. Just like my own opinion, yours, and who ever elses.

while most of us in here who actually know a thing or two we have come to the conclusion that these are real but crappy quality since they are extra pairs being made and not going through any sort of QC. pretty much a reject IMO.

while some have no flaw, majority especially from shady sellers will come with some sort of flaw.

i think im done in this thread, unless something mind blowing happens (which wont) there really is nothing else to say. THE SHOES ARE MADE IN FACTORY AS ALL OTHERS, SAME WORKS, SAME EXACT MATERIALS, SAME INSOLES, SAME AIR, SAME TECHS only issue is minor imperfections but the shoe is real deal.

I don't think it's a matter of the mods and admins saying its true that validates the claims that GM shoes are the same material. It's the fact that they themselves find people like rockdeep aka Nike dealer and Big L credible that brings credibility to their statements. I'm sure if it was you or I who stated it originally there would be questions, but the fact that mods would take their info as fact must mean these guys are reputable sources.

But it sounds like some people needed to be flown out to these factories and take a tour for them to believe otherwise. Oh well, ignorance is bliss i suppose.

View media item 485659
Is it me or does this section look off? Seems like there is a drastic angle as opposed to a rounded one. That is the first thing that caught my eye and would make me think they are GM.

Last edited:
those look good to me, got my beater jams on at work and checked them out in comparrison and they look like those posted except for the PL cut is a tad higher near the part in question, mine i super low which is what makes me not like the 09 jams.

I don't see too many people rocking jams out here mostly concords n playoff 11...from near or far no one could actually tell the difference they look good

So on the '88s the only difference I really notice (I don't own a retail pair) is the elephant print looks slightly bolder on the GM?

Can anyone else chime in?

Last edited:
So on the '88s the only difference I really notice (I don't own a retail pair) is the elephant print looks slightly bolder on the GM?

Thats all I noticed. However, even on retail pairs the cement doesnt match on one shoe to another.

I remember alot of people complained about that when they got the RD pairs.

Last edited:
Thats all I noticed, even again even on retail pairs the cement doesnt even match on one shoe to another.

I remember alot of people complained about that when they got the RD pairs.

Well thats damn tempting, I'm think I'm gonna need to put in an experiment on Royals and '88s in the GM and see if they live up to the same as the retail version hype that they have

My elephant print on my 3s is bold n almost matches...copped online...the hangtag looks off on that pair posted , so that's gm?

Last edited:
if you get a solid pair...then yea you really can't tell the difference.  it's just a gamble cus no quality control.  
There is quality control if you use an agent. The ppl who get bad pairs are the ones who dont use agents. They dont even send bad pairs to agents b/c they know they'll send them right back and get the money back.

There is quality control if you use an agent. The ppl who get bad pairs are the ones who dont use agents. They dont even send bad pairs to agents b/c they know they'll send them right back and get the money back.
Thats total ******** lmao

I have a pair of GM 88's and the only real difference, on my pair at least, is that the perforations aren't as pronounced as the retail 88's. The elephant print on mine is actually A LOT lighter than the ones shown in the pictures above. I would go as far as to say that the elephant print is closer to the actual OG pair.

To be honest, with GM being around the XI's SJ don't seem that exclusive and cool anymore. We just gonna end up with piss yellow sole for the same price we can get 88's, royal 1, bred and concord. Since all pair are equal value and imo its not the top looking shoe. 

With a clear sole SJ theres gonna be jealous A holes thinking its fake, best to stay away from it imo. 

Last edited:
You got to look at it.....Grey Market is the Chinese man getting his Money.....some of them know quality shoes.....

How have women been able to admit to purchasing fake LV bags for years, and Men have to come up with terms like "Grey Market"?

Women have also understood the saaaame explanation about their bags. The Manufacturer has the design/mold and just produces more bags. Man up lol

Last edited:
Fake LV bags aren't Italian leather, you pay less becuse the material is cheaper. GM's are retail without the resell mark-up after said shoe had sold out.

How have women been able to admit to purchasing fake LV bags for years, and Men have to come up with terms like "Grey Market"?

Women have also understood the saaaame explanation about their bags. The Manufacturer has the design/mold and just produces more bags. Man up lol

This there fake point blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom