Grizzlies buyout journeyman Francis

MEMPHIS (AFP) - Steve Francis and the Memphis Grizzlies have agreed on a buyout package after the former all-star was waived by the National BasketballAssociation team on Tuesday.

Terms were not disclosed on the deal with Francis, who was scheduled to make 2.6 million dollars this season.

The 31-year-old Francis has not appeared in a game this season with the Grizzlies or the Houston Rockets.

Francis has averaged 18.1 points, 6.0 assists and 5.6 rebounds in nine seasons with the Rockets, Orlando Magic and New York Knicks.

Now an NBA journeyman, Francis never wanted to play for the last-place Grizzlies when the Vancouver franchise made him their first round draft pick in1999.

And he wasn't much happier in his return to the Grizzly franchise on December 24.

The the aging former all-star was traded by Houston to Memphis where the former Vancouver franchise relocated when it left western Canada. The Grizzliesacquired Francis, cash and a second-round draft pick from the Rockets, who received a draft pick in 2011.

Francis was drafted second overall out of college by Vancouver but never played a game there saying he wanted to play in a bigger NBA market. Vancouvertraded him to Houston in a three-team, 11 player deal in August 1999.

ummmm wonder where he going? back to houston? china?

tired.gif

Never thought I would see Steve Francis & Journeyman in the same sentence.

Originally Posted by jville819

Steve Francis was playing for the Grizzlies???
couldnt have put it better myself. Since when?? $#%++$% scrub, used to be one of my fav players but i lost all respect i had for him during hisKnicks years
sick.gif
smh.gif

Na, he's going straight back to Cuttino's bed.
59f356f4e5b0a7d8c85b1199567298541bcb2a1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

The 31-year-old Francis

How the H is this dude only 31 years old?
roll.gif
nono.gif

And this seems like the 4th time now Francis has been bought out or dumped in a cap move.

The guy has not played one minute this year and the 3 years before that his PPG totals fell off worse than Humpty Dumpty

Alas though we remember this is the NBA and for his troubles Stevie was paid around $85 million just since 2003....while being on 6 different teams.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

tired.gif

Never thought I would see Steve Francis & Journeyman in the same sentence.
cant believe this dude was once my favorite player

Sad story, my man fell off bad. He's a great example for young kids relying too much on athletic ability and not getting the fundamentals down. I'mpraying he hooks back up with someone.

first portland buys him out for 35 million now an extra 1.5 (maybe?)
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

seems like this "Franchise" is more profitable than many teams in the leagues
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom