Grosby comeback

Saw this poster at Olympic World Trinoma and was surprised...

But most likely they will just copy designs from Nike, Adidas and others as you can see in the photo, the silhouette is wearing a Hyperdunk copy....

w8tbf8.jpg

Grosby was my first DS pair of basketball shoes way back in 1983. I will never forget the smell of the new pair and how I slept with it the first few nightsafter I got it and I would wake up at 3am just to put them on and walk around. Talk about love for kicks

Those were the days....

Yeah! And it might change our minds if they retro the Billy Ray Bates model... But I highly doubt it as the mould might have been flattened alongside theRubberworld plant along Quirino Hiway
laugh.gif

we had no money at the time and I told my mom to just get me
grosbys... grade 4. haha

that first pic looks like hyperdunks.

Are grosbys more expensive than world balance or mighty kid back then? I remember Kaypee was 1000 php back then..

Originally Posted by Vsano

Are grosbys more expensive than world balance or mighty kid back then? I remember Kaypee was 1000 php back then..

Yes. Grosby's were around the 1,000 peso range but they began to go on sale when Kaypee was introduced as the official shoe of the PBA.

Hey fellas how's it going? My first post!
smile.gif

My first and only pair of Grosby's were the dubbed as the Rookie of the Year made and worn by Allan Caidic during his rookie year with Great Taste Coffee. If they're making a comeback, that's a definite cop for me but for casual wear and not for playing hoops since they were quite stiff just running in them.

Back
Top Bottom