Groupon turns down $6 BILLION buyout from Google!

that bike is cool
pimp.gif

Yeah its pretty crazy... Thats like the fastest growing company in history or something.

Yeah its pretty crazy... Thats like the fastest growing company in history or something.

give me 6 billion and I'm done, along with my kids, grand kids, great grand kids, and great great grand kids
pimp.gif

give me 6 billion and I'm done, along with my kids, grand kids, great grand kids, and great great grand kids
pimp.gif

^Yea I was just thinking that. I have never used Groupon and don't know much about it so I did a quick wiki and THIS is never a good sign:

A critical disadvantage of the model is that it is easily copyable. In North America, there have been 200 similar sites that have sprung up with some sites even copying the color, font, and logo. Worldwide, there are over 500 similar sites including over 100 in China.

Again, I don't know too much about the site or these negotiations.

^Yea I was just thinking that. I have never used Groupon and don't know much about it so I did a quick wiki and THIS is never a good sign:

A critical disadvantage of the model is that it is easily copyable. In North America, there have been 200 similar sites that have sprung up with some sites even copying the color, font, and logo. Worldwide, there are over 500 similar sites including over 100 in China.

Again, I don't know too much about the site or these negotiations.

Yeah their model is easily copyable, but they were first to market so they have a huge head start on their competitors with more email subscribers, cities, etc. If you read about the site, it came from a failed site called thepoint where people come together for collective action. They realized after trying the coupon idea that it was working and changed the site to to that. They really invented a whole new way business is done, taken from such a simple classic idea as a coupon.

Yeah their model is easily copyable, but they were first to market so they have a huge head start on their competitors with more email subscribers, cities, etc. If you read about the site, it came from a failed site called thepoint where people come together for collective action. They realized after trying the coupon idea that it was working and changed the site to to that. They really invented a whole new way business is done, taken from such a simple classic idea as a coupon.

Back
Top Bottom