Grown men and kids selling candy for their "basketball team" at random places unappreciation

I used to make a killing off those candies. Only support the ones that have the official fundraising boxes.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by eight2one

michigan ave in Chicago was flooded with these kids.
lol and state street

Oh my #*%%%$* god. If I had a dollar for every time some jackoff has tried to sell me their mixtape on or near the corner of State and Jackson… Jesus Christ."You like rap?" "This my mixtape." "It's a five dollar donation." (Btw, I don't get that, it's not a #*%%%$*donation, just say it costs $5 !+%%%+* ).

Yeah they hustle hard on that A train...lol but I buy it cuz they could be robbin ppl for the cash imo

Originally Posted by chatta718

I buy it cuz they could be robbin ppl for the cash imo

I love this logic.
laugh.gif
Instead of telling them to get a real job maybe bagging groceries or maybe some stock room type *@$% you'd rather have them bemiddle men for candy and beggars because they could be robbing people or selling drugs..
smh.gif

There's a lot of fake homeless people on the A. The most obvious one is the tall, husky black dude with dreads. He wears glasses as well.

The worst is that crackhead/homeless lady who smells like she +%#%@$+ on herself during her period.

Whenever I see one of those kids my initial response to their selling line is ignored. I don't like choclate, not even girl scout cookies.

IF there aren't kids selling candy for themselves, there are a bunch of people now just flat out begging on the trains (thank you, recession!)

If it's not derelicts on the subway, it's derelicts on the street.

Derelict lady on Broadway near 99 St: Heh-heh...heh...excuse me...heh-heh...can you spare me some change and buy me something to eat?
Me:
indifferent.gif
and then I just keep walking

i remember this one time these grown @+% men were drumming talkin about "we could be robbing ya'll right now"
i was thinking to myself "why would that make me want to help you?"

out of all the things to complain about...

so long as they're not doing other illegal things for money...who cares?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

out of all the things to complain about...

so long as they're not doing other illegal things for money...who cares?

From what I know about you (which albeit is limited) you don't a: live in the city or b: use public transit as your regular form of transportation so youdon't really experience the full force annoyingness of what for the most part are either adults or kids old enough to have a real job rather than hecklepeople just flat out for money or sell them overpriced candy. This defense of it like these kids could be selling drugs or robbing people is ridiculous asthough this %%*% and only this %%*% will keep them out of trouble. Wholly aside from what they are doing is illegal. It's just no one does anything to stopit.

I take the subway enough to have experienced this more than enough times...so that doesn't fly here.
but it's not a defense that it's not going to keep them out of trouble... but rather the fact that they're NOT causing trouble other than aviolation on your ears.

as far as them being able to get a "real job"...how do you know they can?... there's a lot of people out there without jobs for whateverreason... don't assume.

^Well the fact of the matter what they're doing is illegal. And it's annoying. And I see plenty of kids their age with jobs. And my point was not thatyou've never seen it. Clearly if you live NJ you've probably been to NYC and ridden the subway. My point was you don't live it. Both walking orriding the train to and from school to my appartment are laden with bums/homeless people, green peace/save the earth people, rappers/singers selling theirmixtape or performing, and these kids peddling candy for for their "basketball team"… All asking me for money, every $+*%+#+ day. The fact of thematter is you don't live that. You've seen it.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

^Well the fact of the matter what they're doing is illegal. And it's annoying. And I see plenty of kids their age with jobs.
Well I'm not really concerned with local vender (sp?)/business laws but its more annoying than anything.
grin.gif

There are bigger fish to fry, i will agree with Dirty on that

the bad thing is

there was a kid from my school, "selling candy for the basketball team"

when my school is sponsored by nike and damn sure doesnt need the players to put up any guap

smh.gif
liars

1. I see these kids alot...ALL OVER THE CITY.

2. I AM A BASKETBALL REFEREE so I tell them what team do they play for and what leagues are they in...when they start mentioning some OD phony tournament Ilaugh right in there faces grab my keys and give them a "TECH" they laugh sometimes other times they curse me out....so I say if I ever see you onthe court YOU AINT GETTIN NO CALLS!

3. If they give me a legitmate team or league i'll tell them I dont want candy but i'll give you a dollar. I am not paying $2 for a $.75 Kit Kat

I worked for NIKE Baskebtall sports marketing as a field rep and I coordinated several NIKE/NBA Junior Leagues where footwear, uniforms, facilities, andofficials were donated.
There are plenty of county, city, state, and federal programs that subsidize childrens' fitness programs, including basketball leagues.

1. - WHO THE HELL JOINS A BASKETBALL LEAGUE WITH NO MONEY FOR UNIFORMS?

2. - MOST OF THE TIME THE KIDS ARE WEARING CURRENT NIKE OR BRAND JORDAN FOOTWEAR ($100-$150)

3. - WHAT KIND OF VALUES ARE YOU INSTILLING IN THESE KIDS TO BEG IN TRAFFIC?

It is illegal if they're soliciting on private property, which most commerical and/or retail developments are.
It is illegal if they're soliciting in the middle of the street.
It is fraudulent if the the money collected is not going towards the program described.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Unappreciated when they dont know how to act.

I hate these people with a passion. Goddamn, a job at McDonalds is better than that crap. And at least these hooligans will stay away from the public by grilling burgers. I be seeing these dudes straight cuffin chicks like "come on ma, ayo sweetie, miss, awl i need is a dolla for this candy". I just avoid these dudes if I see them a block away by crossing to the opposite side of the street. I wish they would all get sent to Rikers, then they'll really get their "candy" bought.
alien.gif
dam homie y u go in on these dudes?
laugh.gif
its the new hustle.just like when bootlegs came on, every %!@#+ u saw was tryin to sell you that new rush hour or that new blueprint record. its a matter of days before you go tothe barber shop and your barber tryin to sell u a box of see's candies 2 for 1.

the ones that approach me correctly, ill usually throw them a few bucks if my money is right. the ones that are persistent and harass ill just either ignore orask them a dumb quuestion like, "didn't you know its illegal to be soliciting like that?"

I was doing some christmas shopping at TJ Maxx (Times are hard) the other day, and a youngster approached me and asked me to buy candy from him while I wasflipping through clothes on the rack. I mean, soliciting outside of the store is one thing, but soliciting inside the store is what's poppin now?

And it's annoying.
and that's the crux of everyone's argument...that's it's annoying..
boo friggin hoo.

but I work in city...I've taken the subway enough to know what it's like.
so...yeah...I don't live it... but you don't either..

you don't know why they're doing it... you're just assuming.

Why is it such a big deal to ya'll? Just ignore them. Yes I do encounter them, actually I encountered one yesterday in front of Barnes and Noble. Say yournot interested and keep it moving.

Yeah I hate those dudes... some dude handed me 4 fruit gushers which are like 50 cents and told me it was for new basketball uniforms... he was like 45 afterthat he said nah im just lying i need money for weed....

I used to work across the st from grand central from 8am-6pm and theres a bum who always asks for change because hes "homeless", however i would seehim talking on his cellphone and listening to his ipod touch

For all the people saying you can't knock the hustle thats bull...these dudes are just lazy

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

And it's annoying.
and that's the crux of everyone's argument...that's it's annoying..
boo friggin hoo.

If thats your philosophy on this I don't think you should be allowed to complain on NT about anything. Ever.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom