H&M Apologizes for Racist Response to Lack of Diversity in Marketing Campaign

Nobody actually cares about the diversity (or lack thereof) of H&M marketing campaigns, right?
this all started because people did care about their marketing...and commented on it!

did you even read the OP?

H&M makes cardboard clothing idk why people shop there
fast fashion.  People that shop at there, mainly young are simply going after a particular look over quality

it keeps them on trend without having to spend a ton, and not feeling like they've wasted money when the next big thing comes along

Beg potentially Racists to cater to your non essential consumer needs brehs.

Boycott those fools.

Very bad job at trying to cleanly sidestep the actual issue. That person will be a scapegoat. Once again though social media has overreacted to a small element, drowning out the actual issue, and all white models will continue to represent them in South Africa. Focusing on the tweets is like the H&M version of "she's dead in the mugshots!"

That's what I never understood about South Africans. They out numbered these dutch settlers and knew the land like the back of their hands so they could have used that to their advantage even though the dutch had guns.They just stood by and let them come on their land and control things :smh:

I'll be damned if that happened in my homeland
the fact South Africa is ran by whites is a crime in itself...damn shame they let some Dutch settlers steal their resources and power :smh:

Last edited:
Maybe the black culture thread would benefit more from going over the history of colonial Africa than the constant fetichizing of Ancient Egypt. Then, you'd realize that people just didn't "stand around" and watch their land get taken over.

fast fashion.  People that shop at there, mainly young are simply going after a particular look over quality
it keeps them on trend without having to spend a ton, and not feeling like they've wasted money when the next big thing comes along

they better apologize, all the spanish and black folks wear h&m in NYC :lol:
All of this....
Call me what you want but I be flourishing in H&M....

View media item 1780376

Miss me with this b

I was born on the continent. I know the history
Maybe the black culture thread would benefit more from going over the history of colonial Africa than the constant fetichizing of Ancient Egypt. Then, you'd realize that people just didn't "stand around" and watch their land get taken over.

Miss me with this b

I was born on the continent. I know the history

Me too, and I know enough about the various freedom fighters and rebel groups actively fighting European colonization to not utter nonsense like you did.

Speaking of South Africa, the native populations were facing the Boers AND the British, which was the most powerful nation during much of the 18th and 19th century. Couple that with the prevalent concept of blacks being no better than animals and you have a situation where entire communities would have been exterminated if they didnt want to submit to the rule of the colonizers. We didn't stand around and just watch.

As an African, there is NO WAY I'm hitting up H
YNS
Dont care.
Back home, tailors and quality fabrics are cheap by western standards. Why take advantage of that?

That's what I never understood about South Africans. They out numbered these dutch settlers and knew the land like the back of their hands so they could have used that to their advantage even though the dutch had guns.They just stood by and let them come on their land and control things :smh:

This comment has just as many racial undertones as the h&m comment.

Ijs

That's what I never understood about South Africans. They out numbered these dutch settlers and knew the land like the back of their hands so they could have used that to their advantage even though the dutch had guns.They just stood by and let them come on their land and control things
mean.gif

really.... 

you new yorkers didn't even stand up to the racist *** stop and frisk policy in your own borough...

how you talking about warfare?

Last edited:
I like h&m. The little bit that i can fit. Seems like its mostly geared toward frail white people. Im a muscular black man and i dont skip leg day. You gotta offer something more than skinny denim my g. Shirts be getting like one wear then they draw up and turn into muscle shirts. I dont be on that showing off tip but the clothes fit me likr i want the whole world to know i get it in.

Last edited:
south african store uses only white models

nothing racist going on there

thats not the same place that had apartheid is it? :nerd:  

not to mention the idea that theres literally only one person who responds to tweets when they come up like this did :lol:  

not to mention how did that "apology" address the original question?

Yes, yes it is.

The image that has been painted is that white people do portray a more positive image, however, history tells us otherwise.

After re reading it, I see nothing wrong with the tweets. It could have been worded better, but someone simply wanted to take an excerpt and spin it to sound as if it implied something racist.

After re reading it, I see nothing wrong with the tweets. It could have been worded better, but someone simply wanted to take an excerpt and spin it to sound as if it implied something racist.

I like how you're making light of the "worded better" factor.

If someone were to make a similar comment about say...Jewish people...I bet there wouldn't be a contingent of people saying..."well it could have been worded better but it wasn't racist".

If you believe that saying "positive image" anywhere in that response was simply a poor choice of wording...I really don't even know what else to say.

I don't know what that person's intentions were, or if they meant to offend anyone but it could have definitely been worded differently......as in less racist? I don't know what you want me to say.

So if it could have worded "less racist"...you're saying the wording that they actually used was INDEED racist. Correct?

The tweets do not directly answer the question on why there is no diversity in their models.

They should have just used tweet number 3 and 4

Holy ****, talk about spin...

:lol:

Haven't bought anything at H&M in quite some time, going to make an effort and buy some socks or something from them. Got to support.

:lol:

I shop and H&M and IDC. Gone are the days when I was dumb enough to spend over $50 for some shirts or jeans.

Back
Top Bottom