H.S. kid goes rally car happy wit his friends in his new impreza, loses control, all die sans driver

I can dig the 'stoned driving' idea, I mean I think it's bs, but I understand the law.

However, as someone who smokes and drives all the time, I can tell you it ain't that bad, but if there was a law against it I wouldn't fight it.

In this situation it was his inexperience which caused the crash, not the pot, otherwise if pot was the cause then it should happen everytime.

As a society we always look for scapegoats, other things to Blame besides personal choices. That's all we have, pot didn't make him hit that corner at 110, he did that, pot didn't make him get behind the wheel in the first place, he did that. We are constantly trying to find everything but ourselves to blame. Have an Uncle that died of the HIV...either because of his sexual choices or because of heroin, but it was his choice to blow that dude, no one put a gun to his head, it was his choice to put that needle in his arm, no one did it to him. Choices, that's all we have, that's all we are, the sum of our choices. It wasn't pcp that made my cousin get behind the wheel, it was his choice, be didn't have to but did it anyway. I've had to much tragedy with drugs and to many good times to exclusively blame drugs, at some point we need to take responsibility for our own actions.

Like dude pointed out earlier, not every drunk driver crashes or get caught.

Secondly, no one is just blaming the weed. It was a contributing factor, and must be taken into consideration when dude gets punished.

He made a lot of stupid CHOICES that day. Smoking marijuana and get behind the wheel was just one of them. He needs to pay for all those bad choices, including the marijuana one.

And the fact you smoke and drive doesn't make you an authority on this subject either brah. You just sound like of those idiots brag about being wasted and making it home ok.

Last edited:
Like is nothing I did I'm my life valid? If I can't draw on life experienced them what is valid to draw on?

And, if you guys would reAd I actually said I'm ok with drugged driving laws...but y'all are so against me y'all read right over that.

Then you are stupid. No **** you "think" you are fine when you drive but record yourself one day and THEN come back and tell me this.

If you think it was the weed and not the 110 mph then idk what to tell you.

Weed does not impair someone's mobile skills like alch and pills.

PLEASE.

The exception is not the rule. There are plenty of peer reviewed studies that show how weed effects driving skills.

Example:

Date:
March 1, 2013

Source:
American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC)

Summary:
Cannabis is second only to alcohol for causing impaired driving and motor vehicle accidents. In 2009, 12.8% of young adults reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs and in the 2007 National Roadside Survey, more drivers tested positive for drugs than for alcohol. These cannabis smokers had a 10-fold increase in car crash injury compared with infrequent or nonusers after adjustment for blood alcohol concentration.

Cannabis is second only to alcohol for causing impaired driving and motor vehicle accidents. In 2009, 12.8% of young adults reported driving under the influence of illicit drugs and in the 2007 National Roadside Survey, more drivers tested positive for drugs than for alcohol. These cannabis smokers had a 10-fold increase in car crash injury compared with infrequent or nonusers after adjustment for blood alcohol concentration.

http://www.clinchem.org/content/59/3/519

Last edited:
The problem with those studies, I could smoke three weeks ago, get into an accident, and pot would show up in my system, this I would fall in this category, despite when I actually got into the accident I was sober.

Blowing bud makes you a better driver.
Keeps ya focused
Judge wanna lock him up, cuz his pee look darker.
They tagged it on so he could learn a lesson, which isn't bad at all, I'm pro for it actually

Now if he was drunk, dude woulda got a huge sentence.

Common sense says just don't be drunk or high when driving. No need to be high when driving. Get high when you're not driving a motor vehicle.

^
Ok? I still stand by what I said. Be responsible when you get behind the wheel.

If you think it was the weed and not the 110 mph then idk what to tell you.

Weed does not impair someone's mobile skills like alch and pills.
First off the video didn't help your case AT ALL. Second, you're really comparing 100+ mph to 5mph? The one dude who went 20mph was going to hit a cameraman until the instructor grabbed the wheel. At the end all three had irregular heart rates and blood pressure, and they couldn't keep their balance. You just CAN'T be serious if you think that the marijuana in his system didn't negatively effect his driving whatsoever. You just can't be. 
laugh.gif

Well after reading the thread...

1) I'm jelly they got an STI at that age, but I wouldn't blame a parent for getting their child a car they wanted. It is a factor in risky decision making. I have taken enough psych classes to know that. Parents should force their kids to progress through sports cars just like gran turismo. Start out with a nimble used older ride.. then earn your way up. I'm very happy I started with an integra. I had some very close calls that could've ended my life but the car was small and light and saved my life. I couldn't get it to 110 without significant room to get there.

2) I'm all for smoke and drink what you want, but I don't think people should be driving high. Just don't. I get that your "fully functional" and all but come on. Your perception is still altered and you are still seeing things differently than the guy who is sober next to you. Do it recreationally in safe environments that don't impact others. Regardless of how you feel.

3) Kid should get life flat out. If he isn't getting out til hes 40+ his life is pretty much gone anyway.  Good luck getting a career and having a family after being institutionalized all the way through your critical years. If he's lucky he can work 20 years right after he's out to retire with something. Honestly, if those were my kids, a life sentence might even be preventing a death sentence.

Wonder if any of you who smoke weed think yall deserve 25 to life

I smoke everyday but I wouldn't go near 100 while I'm high in my honda. He should've known what can happen. I wonder if his friends asked him to slow down at all.

If they did use bud as an excuse to get him more time, then good. 5 is nothing. 15 is better.

No offense but this doesn't mean anything, people go near 100 completely sober

So my question is as a person who smokes if you got into a accident and they found weed. Do you think you deserve a harsher sentence even though you think weed didn't have any effect on what happen?

Rest in peace Peter Kahn I had class with him in John Adams, cool *** kid man, crazy how life is

As for the sentence I mean I guess u got to make someone a guenea pig

25 to life to a kid that made the wrong choice, yet nothing of a grown adult police officer who choses to gun down an unarmed civilian, the justice system is a joke...btw wrong decision or not, he destroyed 4 families, 25 years is a very small price to pay

2) I'm all for smoke and drink what you want, but I don't think people should be driving high. Just don't. I get that your "fully functional" and all but come on. Your perception is still altered and you are still seeing things differently than the guy who is sober next to you. Do it recreationally in safe environments that don't impact others. Regardless of how you feel.
Its not as dangerous as driving drunk...

But I dont agree that you are "fully functional" driving smacked. Did it once and never again. My attention was going from my speedometer to the car next to me, to having no attention at all. Still dangerous IMO.

Its not as dangerous as driving drunk...

But I dont agree that you are "fully functional" driving smacked. Did it once and never again. My attention was going from my speedometer to the car next to me, to having no attention at all. Still dangerous IMO.
Pretty much.  I'm a daily marijuana user and I'll be the first to admit that marijuana impairs your driving. Does it do it to the extent of alcohol, benzos, opiates, and hallucinogens?  Definitely not...but to act like you're totally good to drive while you're burning an L is just foolish.

Marijuana is like religion to its fanatics.  Infallable and teflon to any criticism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom