Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

antidope

Supporter
Searched and didn't see a thread on this, and theres finally legit info out about the game so I decided to make a thread.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8185354/frank_oconnor_halo_4_interview_at_microsoft_spring_shocase_2012/

http://gyazo.com/aef2e18e8266d6d1cd78be011a69a70f

http://www.halo.xbox.com/en-us/Univ...rst-look/9a9548bc-a4bf-4112-b4a9-ff935afecb5e

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/interview-story-halo-4/727566

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-05-halo-4-perks-system-introduced

Cliffs:

Story wraps around the multiplayer experience for the first time in the franchise.

-Players now control Spartan IV's, which promise to be just as powerful as Master Chief.

-There is a reason why red and blue soldiers are killing each other.

-Beyond the typical cosmetic customization options, players will be able to augment their Spartan IV's abilities and weapon loadouts, altering their gameplay styles for the first time.

-A lot of focus has gone into giving players a better sense of weight.

-Audio design has been much improved and really gives a player a sense of where shots are coming from.

-Maps have been built from the ground up.

-The Battle Rifle is back and has been redesigned.

-Two maps have been announced so far: War House and Wrap Around.

-War House takes place in a civilian manufacturing plant that is travelling in a near space orbit above a gas giant. It has a large decorative Cyclops Mark II mech in the center which serves as the focal point for this slayer style map.

-Wrap Around is another small slayer style arena, set in a Forerunner facility, that contains catwalks, ramps, and plenty of man-cannons to keep the action fast and frantic.

-Sprints coming back to multiplayer

-NO H4 BETA

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Possible single shot utility weapon to go along with the BR in order to appease both audiences[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-[/font]Players will be able to augment their Spartan IV;s abilities and weapon loadouts, altering their gameplay styles for the first time

-The Spartan IV's introduce their own quirks to Halo 4, and they're quirks that are likely to prove the most controversial.�Armour can now be upgraded and personalized, but whereas such modifications were purely aesthetic in previous games this time they bring with them gameplay perks - as well as a fundamental shift in the philosophy at the heart of Halo's multiplayer.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'll probably keep updating this thread as info comes out.�[/font]

-Interesting Animation Sequence

-Frankie on OXM

-343 Talks Halo 4

-Halo 4 Concept Art: IGN Rewind

-Halo 4 Panel

-Halo 4 Panel: Opening Video

-Halo 4 Audio Field Recording

-Halo 4 Concept Art [Video][/Video][Video]

-Halo 4 Warthog: What it will look like [taken place in Forza 4]

-Halo 4 Debut Trailer (Director's Cut)

-Halo 4 Debut Trailer

-Halo 4 Website on Xbox.com

[h1]
The Halo Bulletin: 3.07.12
[/h1]
By�Bs Angel8. March 2012 01:01

We’ll never tell.

Before Monday, I think some people pictured our studio as a makeshift infirmary, filled with bed after bed of hospital-gown-clad 343 employees, eerily singing “I’ll never tell[/video]

Last edited:
im excited because I am a halo fan. But I dont really like the whole upgrading armor philosophy. Because it will make the multiplayer less about skill, and more about whoever goes online and reads the manual to get the best armor abilities.

Ahhh interdasting...

Will be looking foreward for more info - thanks for posting...

30t6p3b.gif
 at sprinting 
30t6p3b.gif
 at no beta

30t6p3b.gif
 at the massive redesign of the BR

I've been a dedicated Halo player but I gave up on the franchise after Reach, @@$# was terrible. 
laugh.gif

343 can keep this on release date until I get some feedback from some players.

might have to dust the old 360 off since Reach broke my heart. still though, i am disappointed that bungie isn't producing Halo.

Halo Reach's multiplayer was NOT fun

enjoyed the campaign til my xbox died....i hope to have an xbox when this comes out

Compared to ODST, Reach was a classic. Soundtrack sounds golden tho, reserve judgement for more videos.

I'm interested. Reach was alright, but ODST was the worst shooting game I've played in a while.

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

30t6p3b.gif
 at sprinting 
30t6p3b.gif
 at no beta

30t6p3b.gif

I've been a dedicated Halo player but I gave up on the franchise after Reach, @@$# was terrible. 
laugh.gif

all this.
was heavy in the mlg community until Reach arrived. 

the only hope of this game turning out decent is the return of the BR. 

also, with any luck, sprinting can be disabled in the menus. 

halo fell off after halo 3 but this can be good
my 360 has been a dust collector for a few years though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

30t6p3b.gif
 at sprinting 
30t6p3b.gif
 at no beta

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

all this.
was heavy in the mlg community until Reach arrived. 

the only hope of this game turning out decent is the return of the BR. 

also, with any luck, sprinting can be disabled in the menus. 
All of this, and TU Reach made things worse in my opinion, its why I lost interest and when MLG adopted it, it ruined the playlist along with all the horrible maps. Zealot, Every Forge World map except Sanctuary and Pit, and Countdown, ALL TRASH. I still play H3 from time to time though. I'm holding out hope for this game

No Beta? 
indifferent.gif

That means that there's going to be a bunch of glitches in the game, they aren't going to be completely catering to feedback from the fans, that "BR" looks horrible, and sprinting is back?
mad.gif

I haven't been keeping up w/ this, is this even made by Bungie?
eyes.gif

Just give me a remake of Halo 2 and Halo 3 put together and I'll play it for years. THAT'S ALL I WANT.

I can chill in the MLG playlist all day if they made that..
pimp.gif

After watching that video, I hope that they concentrate on the actual gameplay and multiplayer moreso than the graphics and sound. I want it to be balanced like Halo 3. Reach was TOO team oriented and got old quick if you didn't have a team running with you. Also, I think the sprinting could work if done right.

i have reach but i don't know what to do
laugh.gif

i get in multiplayer and i unload two clips into people and they don't die then they kill me quick or punch me and im down

Upgraded armor? Easy pass
30t6p3b.gif

All I wanted were the inconsistencies on online multiplayer to be fixed

Sounds a whole lot better than reach was not that that's hard. Im glad sprint will come back but none of the other things

reach is absolutely awful. I'm playing it right now if anybody wants to play me. calibeebee is my gamertag

Back
Top Bottom