Halo | Paramount+ | Thursday

Dohkay, also why would they speak the language of Old England?

Dohkay, also why would they speak the language of Old England?
Because the director/producer is making an artistic choice? Just like Bungie did. Do we really need a specific lore explanation for it?

This is them in Halo 2?...

They are scheming, scamming religious zealots. Bungie's take on them brought that through, the show doesn't. Their overarching motives are hardly explained as well.

In mean the language they are making them speak in the show is not even their own language, it is Sangheili, the language of the Elites. This is in line with regular Halo lore, they dropped using their own language to make a peace treaty. So if the argument is "why would they speak other species' language", welp, they already are.

I am definitely missing details because I’ve played the campaigns once, but I don’t care if they gotta caption, makes more sense than most, planet-wise, that they’d speak a different language for captions. And true, the show just starts with the prophets there for no reason.

I like the world, I like the characters, but I don't know what the hell is going on. Storytelling is clunky.

I like the world, I like the characters, but I don't know what the hell is going on. Storytelling is clunky.
It’s definitely not as focused as it could be and diverge from the game’s story in a lot of ways. But I’m not a hardcore Halo fan so I’m not too bothered by it and it’s a solid show to me, especially the action scenes.

It’s definitely not as focused as it could be and diverge from the game’s story in a lot of ways. But I’m not a hardcore Halo fan so I’m not too bothered by it and it’s a solid show to me, especially the action scenes.
I don't even care about the game's story at this point. I might need to just wait till the season's over so the story can play out and I can connect with it.

Haven't played out a Halo storyline in like 20 years and don't know if it's relevant to the show because I don't remember, but man i'm still not getting the full purpose of all the political plotting and prophecy etc, like I missed a pivotal episode or 2.

It's like when I learned programming and the 1st class we did "Hello World!" and it was awesome, then next class we're talking about algorithms, loops, libraries etc. like we already know what this **** is. Felt like they skipped some steps.

Also why was dude and his wife just casually walking around a secret black ops training site?

Back
Top Bottom