Halo Reach Vol. HALO is back!

Originally Posted by Carver

After getting used to it I think the beta is pretty cool.. it isn't hard to kill people at all it seems they added more health so that the person with better aim will win battles 99% of the time it's not hard at all imo.. I hate the grenade spammage

naw man ive got very good aim, been playing halo 3 since it came out so i know its all about aiming but in this game its ridiculous, my brothers experience the same thing even though they arent as good. so i know its not just me.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

someone wanna tell me why its so hard to kill people? im doing fine but i think its garbage that you waste a full clip, melee and they are still alive and you have to either reload or try to melee again to get a kill. kinda stupid...
Yea i like the game but sometimes i spray malee and still have to change guns and shoot to kill someone sometimes
tired.gif

How do you go about killing someone who's doing that crouched defense crap? Do you pretty much just keep sprayin' em?

I feel like I have to use both grenades, shoot a whole clip, THEN melee.
indifferent.gif

lack of grenades is what kills me as well, you get 2 when you spawn but after you use them you have none left til you respawn again since there are never any on the ground after people die and what not.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

lack of grenades is what kills me as well, you get 2 when you spawn but after you use them you have none left til you respawn again since there are never any on the ground after people die and what not.

but once you know the spots and healthpacks, its on
pimp.gif

I love sniping.. hope they do have some team snipers going on in the real deal.
heres my clip

Originally Posted by derventa

anywhere else to get a code other than buying ODST? 
ohwell.gif

All you need is the disc, rent it or borrow a friends.

helpful hint with using DMR, don't lead your shots like in h3.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Originally Posted by derventa

anywhere else to get a code other than buying ODST? 
ohwell.gif

All you need is the disc, rent it or borrow a friends.

helpful hint with using DMR, don't lead your shots like in h3.

Doesn't matter if they used it already?

what the hell is up with that standby like crap where my screen goes black & i end up dead when it comes back on?
happens at least twice a game
mad.gif

Originally Posted by sunny559

what the hell is up with that standby like crap where my screen goes black & i end up dead when it comes back on?
happens at least twice a game
mad.gif
I think its called bridging, people do that just to get easy kills and weapons.

played yesterday... its DOPE.

MW2 is my joint... but halo is a whole different beast. i sold my ODST a while back (got the RROD) and never picked up another copy. might have to scoop one just to play the beta some more.

to answer some folks questions... you need ODST to download the beta. and the beta is only available via the ODST main menu. in other words, you cant just borrow an ODST disc to download the demo and return it. you need the disc in, while you play.

im nasty with the jetpack + needler.

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

How do you go about killing someone who's doing that crouched defense crap? Do you pretty much just keep sprayin' em?

I feel like I have to use both grenades, shoot a whole clip, THEN melee.
indifferent.gif
just keep looking at them and time when it will ware off then grenade or spray

most people use it when they are about to die i like to let people spray and when its reload time i get out of the defense and kill
pimp.gif

im done with this beta, gameplay, graphics, and maps are all good but this impossible killing is garbage. i know im not the only one but with that happening every single match i cant even bother playing more than 2 matches. i waste a whole clip, grenade, and melee and they still live? ridiculous and yet for them to kill me it takes 2 shots and a melee
smh.gif

excuses/complaints that I always hear:

- using armor lock
- double melee
- using invis
- "if this was halo3, you would get owned"
- not choosing slayer pro

lol I just find it funny, ppl so serious about a beta and b--tch.

ID: rowenarrow , add your boy.

I am getting tired of stockpile, mofos just take the flags you busted your butt for and move them in and out of the base to score the point. If you do this to me I have a stickyG for you.

I think I may pick this up. I miss the high flying action of Halo; COD is gettin a little redundant.

its kinda frustrating with randoms but anyway.

some tips that might help
-think about your k/d ration, if your on a death streak
-dont go lone wolves in team slayer especially in slayer pro unless you rambo and can beast
-swordblock by timing it, you can swordblock as many times but I usually go once then fire some shots to the head. Just takes practice
-control the power weapons but dont hog them
-if the other team has rockets, I would suggest changing to guard class just in case.

& this is from bungie.net

Halo: Reach Beta FFA Tournament

Posted by Cryptic at 5/1/2010 1:38 AM PDT

Bungie Central is hosting a Free-For-All tournament to raise money for charity and award prizes. Check out the full story for details.

OVERVIEW:

Thousands of players will be playing the Halo: Reach Beta for the next two weeks. We thought this would be a great opportunity to raise money for charity and award some participants with Bungie swag, Halo: Reach "Legendary Edition" pre-orders, Microsoft Points, and much more. In order to make this happen, we're asking you to donate at least $5 to participate via PayPal (You don't need an account).

HOW TO SIGN UP:

Visit this page and donate $5 dollars (or more). Make sure to include your Xbox LIVE Gamertag so we know who to add to the tournament bracket! If we reach the maximum number of players, you may still donate and be added to the substitute players list. If a participant doesn't show and you're online, you get the spot. Please view the official rules before registering.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Maximum Participants Allowed: 4,096
Tournament: 05/14/2010 12:00 AM PST - 05/19/2010 11:59 PM PST (Weekdays After 3PM)

PRIZES AND CHARITY:

50% of all donations made go to the charity that the winner of the tournament chooses, under their name on behalf of Bungie Central and the Bungie community. 27% of all donations go toward the cost of prizes given to random participants. 10% of all donations are given to the final eight contestants, in the form of money and/or prizes. 9% goes to PayPal for a service charge (cant' do anything about this). The last 4% will go toward the cost of running the tournament and those who significantly contributed in helping out.

TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

There will be no more than four rounds in the tournament. Once you've registered, you're all set. Check the Bungie Central forum to make sure you're on the tournament bracket. The schedule for what date and time you'll be playing will be posted there on May 11th, if not sooner. If you can't make it, you may be able to be re-scheduled. If not, you'll be added to first priority on the substitutes list.

Sign into Xbox LIVE 10 minutes before your scheduled time. You'll receive a party invite from Cryptic257. Join the party. Once eight players have joined, I'll designate someone as a party leader. That person will start the FFA playlist and whoever wins moves on to the next round. If you lag out, there's nothing I can do for you. If someone cheats or exploits a glitch, send me the video to review, and I'll remove them from the tournament.

If you have any questions, you can contact me here or via cryptic257@live.com. Thanks.
http://www.bungie.net/fan...aspx?mode=news#cid528391

Back
Top Bottom