Harriet Tubman to Replace Jackson on $20 bill

It wasn’t just Fox News fans who are trying to claim Tubman as one of their own — the conservative media is doing it as well. Guns.com, a right-wing website, published an article titled,“Obama administration says pro-gun Republican Harriet Tubman to grace the $20 bill.” Another conservative website published and article titled,”New $20 Bill to Feature Gun-Toting Republican Harriet Tubman” and finally, former Congressman Allen West published an article claiming the same thing,“Breaking: PRO-GUN REPUBLICAN to replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill.”

Ahhhh what a tangled web of half-truths they are weaving.

It is true that Harriet Tubman carried a gun and it is true that she was a Republican. However, she was hardly the kind of right-wing ammosexual they are claiming she is. Tubman did not carry a firearm because it was “cool.” She carried a gun because racist conservatives wanted to murder her. She carried a gun because she was helping families flee the oppressive South and the Confederacy. The same Confederacy that the GOP loves so much.

And yeah, she was a Republican but what they failed to mention (as they always do) is that the Republican Party of Harriet Tubman’s days is not the GOP of 2016. Southern Democrats were so pissed off about the Civil Rights movement that they left the Democratic Party en masse and joined the Republican Party. It was all part of the Southern Strategy that they love to pretend never happened but can’t quite explain why they are no longer Democrats without talking about it.

The only reason the right is pushing this narrative is that they can oppose Tubman’s picture going on the $20 bill without looking like the vapid racists that they are.

View media item 1805318

Well, for 500 years a certain group has been disrespected. How can we blame them for not being excited because a face of the past is placed on currency?

That is all folks are saying man. Simple concept to grasp
If you and many other black people feel that way maybe people will speak out and they will scrap the bill. Who knows. 

If you and many other black people feel that way maybe people will speak out and they will scrap the bill. Who knows. 
I am not part of the, "They can keep the bill" crew. I am saying the bill doesn't matter and I don't view it as anything other than a moral victory.

I am not part of the, "They can keep the bill" crew. I am saying the bill doesn't matter and I don't view it as anything other than a moral victory.
Yeah, I agree. I'd say it's an entirely moral victory, and I really don't like the Tit for Tat feel of the decision. Just causes more hatred to crop up.

If I could choose the faces on Bills

I'd have

$1 = Washington... because first president

$5 = Lincoln... because civil war

$10 = FDR... he won 4 elections. all kinds of changes

$20 = JFK... one of the most sincere and honest leaders of the nation

$50 = MLK or Thomas Jefferson

$100 = Ben Frank or Thomas Jefferson

I think these persons really personify important contributions to what America means

Last edited:
Remember it's a big deal for women in general. First woman on a bill in over 100 years. 100 years ago women couldn't even vote.

Remember it's a big deal for women in general. First woman on a bill in over 100 years. 100 years ago women couldn't even vote.
I am wondering how the feminist crew HONESTLY feels about a black woman being the first woman on a bill.

Yeah, I agree. I'd say it's an entirely moral victory, and I really don't like the Tit for Tat feel of the decision. Just causes more hatred to crop up.

I'd have

I think these persons really personify important contributions to what America means
Ben gotta stay on the $100 it's only right. But FDR deserves a spot on a bill as well

I'd have

But isn't that the problem though? You chose all men and you have Thomas Jefferson twice and as equal to MLK yet no supporting reason.

If not Harriet Tubman then I could see them choosing Susan B Anthony even though I believe she's already on a coin

Racist going to be so distraught at the ATM they gonna make withdrawals and just leave them them there

But isn't that the problem though? You chose all men and you have Thomas Jefferson twice and as equal to MLK yet no supporting reason.

If not Harriet Tubman then I could see them choosing Susan B Anthony even though I believe she's already on a coin
Well I feel like all those men have a stronger case to be on the money.... Sorry if I'm not for putting women on bills as consolation prizes. If you want to replace JFK with a woman be my guest. I feel like he was one of the voices of the people of the people to be silenced before wall street ran the world. 

Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence.... didn't feel a need to explain that. I do know he was weary of central banking though.

my choices are symbolic of
$1 - Leadership

$5 - Union

$10 - Society

$20 - Truth

$50 - Equality / Freedom

$100 - Entrepreneurship / Ingenuity / Diplomacy

Last edited:

Well I feel like all those men have a stronger case to be on the money.... Sorry if I'm not for putting women on bills as consolation prizes. If you want to replace JFK with a woman be my guest. I feel like he was one of the voices of the people of the people to be silenced before wall street ran the world. 

Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence.... didn't feel a need to explain that. I do know he was weary of central banking though.

my choices are symbolic of
$1 - Leadership

$5 - Union

$10 - Society

$20 - Truth

$50 - Equality / Freedom

$100 - Entrepreneurship / Ingenuity / Diplomacy
TBH he was a crook if you analyze him further, but he's still pretty respected. But really this doesn't change anything and gets some quality KKK sea salt.

Last edited:
The thought of losing a ten thousand dollar bill. 
sick.gif

for anyone who hasn't seen these federal reserve notes (bills like the ones in your pocket) they are still legal tender...
they don't print them anymore but still reserve the right to if demand was there...unlike older stuff which is no longer usable

greenbacks
"They gotta put your face on the 5-thousand dollar bill"

- Nas, a long time ago

Last edited:
"They gotta put your face on the 5-thousand dollar bill"

- Nas, a long time ago

"They gonna put my face on the 30 dollar bill!" - Common Sense, a long time ago

as there is no 30 dollar bill, common sense was arguably making a bolder statement because they would have to invent one just for him

View media item 1265115

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom