Has anyone had this happen to them before ? vol debit card

Last tuesday i went out to eat at olive garden and paid with my debit card.
today i checked my account online and noticed they never charged me.
and yes i signed receipt and all that. Is it possible it just hasn't went through yet?
nerd.gif

Saved me 30 bucks
happy.gif

check to see if you have any check card holds...it should have gone through by now but just wait a few more days...i'm sure its coming...

yes its possible they didnt charge you yet...I usually get charged several days later

It'll come up. It might take them a minute to process it. I stayed at a hotel for a week a while back and charged it and I thought I wasn't gonna getcharged. It took two weeks for the $600 charge to pop-up just in time for the end of the month.

Originally Posted by rdeezy

yes its possible they didnt charge you yet...I usually get charged several days later

yeah me too. especially on food. But never a week. But ill wait with my fingers crossed lol

im pretty sure they charged it.......this happen to me when i purchased a flight ticket online it didnt process till like 3 days so just be patient.
Smh at me thinkin i had a fee ticket to NYC...lol.

Don't worry you will get charged. It usually happens to me when I use my card at bars and resturants, places where you leave tips. I don't know howmany times I forgot about using my card, because the amount was not charged to my account. Such an easy way to over draft, be careful. No need to give the bank35 bucks for going over .16 cents. Chase FTL

i remember something similar happened to me. i went to eat at a restaurant and paid with my debit card, it took them 3 weeks for them to charge me, i rememberafter week 1 went by i thought they forgot to charge me, im glad i kept enough funds in the account to cover the transaction just in case.

i hate when i wanna pay debit and the places will only run it through as credit. i like them taking the funds out right away because i tend to forget at timeswhen i make small purchases unless i keep all my receipts.

When u paid with ur debit card they probably just charged it as credit, it can take up to a couple weeks to post.

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

sometimes it doesn't show up until a few days.

Originally Posted by YUNGRICH 702

im pretty sure they charged it.......this happen to me when i purchased a flight ticket online it didnt process till like 3 days so just be patient.

all of you collectively provided no insight to the post. thanks for nothing

and to OP yea you will never get off free. i forgot but i think they have a limit to how long they can wait before they charge you. obviously no 1 waits, butthey have a certain amount of time and you can get charged up to like a month later (as others have stated)

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

and to OP yea you will never get off free. i forgot but i think they have a limit to how long they can wait before they charge you. obviously no 1 waits, but they have a certain amount of time and you can get charged up to like a month later (as others have stated)
I honestly don't see how your post is any better.

Troll?

i work at a restaurant... sometimes the restaurant may not send the cc batches to the company to get their money until really late... not too sure of thedetails but i know this has happened to some customers that have dined at my restaurant. so yea you'll get charged

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

and to OP yea you will never get off free. i forgot but i think they have a limit to how long they can wait before they charge you. obviously no 1 waits, but they have a certain amount of time and you can get charged up to like a month later (as others have stated)
I honestly don't see how your post is any better.

Troll?
3 days vs. an entire week? is there even such a thing as a debit that clears automatically? i consider it common knowledge to know most debitstakes a couple days to clear vs. a week.

oh and
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
at you for not recognizing the difference. I dont know what the technical definition of a troll is, but if that includes quoting worthless bits ofadvice I am def a troll

Thanks for the responses. especially about the tips. It makes sense they gotta wait to do tips when they do their checks and all that. But i still have neverhad a debit take this long. I'm aware they usually take a few days.

Back
Top Bottom