Has Anyone here moved their belongings Cross Country? Need some Advice pls!

Quick synopsis: I recently got married to my wife who is from Los Angeles and we've been on a long distance relationship for over 5 years, I'm based from Washington DC and I just recently got a job in Los Angeles and  plan to move out there in 2 weeks. I've had a pretty big shoe collection (over 200) by collecting for over 10 years and I've downsized to about 80 pairs left. My 2 options are

1.) to take the package boxes with me on my flight ($20 for the first 2 boxes, $50 after 3 or more
sick.gif
)

2.) Ship them out via USPS ground shipping. I'll find out tomorrow how much it would cost by shipping a box package

3.) Inquire prices on a freight company that can take my package boxes and ship them to California

I was thinking about driving cross country, but with the gas inflation that wouldn't be a smart move. Thank goodness my company was nice enough to ship out my Toyota Corolla for free, but i'm on my own with my belongings
laugh.gif

Has anyone here on NT moved their belongings cross country? Any comments or feedback are greatly appreciated!
tongue.gif

Quick synopsis: I recently got married to my wife who is from Los Angeles and we've been on a long distance relationship for over 5 years, I'm based from Washington DC and I just recently got a job in Los Angeles and  plan to move out there in 2 weeks. I've had a pretty big shoe collection (over 200) by collecting for over 10 years and I've downsized to about 80 pairs left. My 2 options are

1.) to take the package boxes with me on my flight ($20 for the first 2 boxes, $50 after 3 or more
sick.gif
)

2.) Ship them out via USPS ground shipping. I'll find out tomorrow how much it would cost by shipping a box package

3.) Inquire prices on a freight company that can take my package boxes and ship them to California

I was thinking about driving cross country, but with the gas inflation that wouldn't be a smart move. Thank goodness my company was nice enough to ship out my Toyota Corolla for free, but i'm on my own with my belongings
laugh.gif

Has anyone here on NT moved their belongings cross country? Any comments or feedback are greatly appreciated!
tongue.gif

my boy moved from LA to Chicago. He stuffed all his stuff in his 4 door civic and had the car shipped. It cost him $300.00.

my boy moved from LA to Chicago. He stuffed all his stuff in his 4 door civic and had the car shipped. It cost him $300.00.

1. Stuff everything you can in your car and ship your car.
2. Did you get a signing bonus (cash)? Use that to ship your shoes UPS ground....or just UPS ground it on your own money.

Do not fly with boxes. Airliners charge outrageous prices. Sometimes if you have 3 suitcases for example, you're better off shipping 2 boxes and just traveling with 1 suitcase.

1. Stuff everything you can in your car and ship your car.
2. Did you get a signing bonus (cash)? Use that to ship your shoes UPS ground....or just UPS ground it on your own money.

Do not fly with boxes. Airliners charge outrageous prices. Sometimes if you have 3 suitcases for example, you're better off shipping 2 boxes and just traveling with 1 suitcase.

Better stuff that corolla.
Maybe you can undo all the shoe boxes and just ship those out, but put all he loose shoes in the trunk and backseat

Better stuff that corolla.
Maybe you can undo all the shoe boxes and just ship those out, but put all he loose shoes in the trunk and backseat

Back
Top Bottom