Has anyone played extensively in any of the Under Armour shoes?

Although, I'm not that crazy about the Black Ice's, I do like the Micro G Fly & Micro Lite's. I'd like to know how they fit, the cushioning set up, traction, etc., from anyone who's played in them extensively. Thanks in advance!

Although, I'm not that crazy about the Black Ice's, I do like the Micro G Fly & Micro Lite's. I'd like to know how they fit, the cushioning set up, traction, etc., from anyone who's played in them extensively. Thanks in advance!

ive put quite a few hours on my micro g lites that ive had a little over a month now.

fit: the upper has a plush comfortable feel to it that's coupled with a lacing system that gives absolute lockdown. the back of the shoe is cut as low as most low tops and allows for great flexibility while still feeling secure from the before mentioned lacing system. for me, my regular size fit me perfect, but you may want to try a half size down as well.

cushioning: the lites have a full-length micro g midsole and an insole also made completely of the micro g material. the insole is worth raving about, as it has a deep heel cup and great foot support to help with ankle support because heel control is crucial for exceptional lockdown. it is also about half an inch thick and has shown almost no wear after all of these hours. the micro g cushioning system gives good court feel while also providing exceptional impact protection. the ride is very soft for a basketball shoe, but the cushioning never feels like its bottoming out or inadequate. it also has a very bouncy feel, almost as if its a super thick, slightly firmer and more stable zoom air unit.

traction: i have played both indoors and outdoors and have been very happy with traction on both surfaces. even after playing outdoors, the traction indoors was still good even when playing on a fairly dusty court that sometimes gives me trouble in other shoes i have. i'm also pleasantly surprised with how the icy sole has held up through mostly outdoor playing.

when i got this shoe, it was mostly because i have been unhappy with my last few pairs of nikes, adidas shoes always give me shin splints and the ridiculously high cut reebok zigs just did not offer me the flexibility i was looking for. i went for the micro g lites rather than the black ice shoes because they offered more flexibility at the ankle and had the ever-elusive carbon fiber shank plate (which does a wonderful job by the way) for $10 less than the black ice. with these being discounted on eastbay and a couple of other sites i've seen, they are becoming a better buy by the day and i am strongly considering making another pair of these my next pair of basketball shoes when my current pair wears out.

ive put quite a few hours on my micro g lites that ive had a little over a month now.

fit: the upper has a plush comfortable feel to it that's coupled with a lacing system that gives absolute lockdown. the back of the shoe is cut as low as most low tops and allows for great flexibility while still feeling secure from the before mentioned lacing system. for me, my regular size fit me perfect, but you may want to try a half size down as well.

cushioning: the lites have a full-length micro g midsole and an insole also made completely of the micro g material. the insole is worth raving about, as it has a deep heel cup and great foot support to help with ankle support because heel control is crucial for exceptional lockdown. it is also about half an inch thick and has shown almost no wear after all of these hours. the micro g cushioning system gives good court feel while also providing exceptional impact protection. the ride is very soft for a basketball shoe, but the cushioning never feels like its bottoming out or inadequate. it also has a very bouncy feel, almost as if its a super thick, slightly firmer and more stable zoom air unit.

traction: i have played both indoors and outdoors and have been very happy with traction on both surfaces. even after playing outdoors, the traction indoors was still good even when playing on a fairly dusty court that sometimes gives me trouble in other shoes i have. i'm also pleasantly surprised with how the icy sole has held up through mostly outdoor playing.

when i got this shoe, it was mostly because i have been unhappy with my last few pairs of nikes, adidas shoes always give me shin splints and the ridiculously high cut reebok zigs just did not offer me the flexibility i was looking for. i went for the micro g lites rather than the black ice shoes because they offered more flexibility at the ankle and had the ever-elusive carbon fiber shank plate (which does a wonderful job by the way) for $10 less than the black ice. with these being discounted on eastbay and a couple of other sites i've seen, they are becoming a better buy by the day and i am strongly considering making another pair of these my next pair of basketball shoes when my current pair wears out.

Thanks dude! I really like the styling of the Micro Lites & Fly's as well. Think it's time to cop a pair
happy.gif

Thanks dude! I really like the styling of the Micro Lites & Fly's as well. Think it's time to cop a pair
happy.gif

Just got my micro g lites in and right off the bat the things that stand out are the unique cut and the heel lockdown.

The cut is awesome imo. I'm used to playing in Kobe Vs and like the freedom of the lowtop, but this cut on the micro g lites is superior imo. It's got the freedom of a lowtop cut, with tremendous stability and lockdown. My heel seriously feels like it is 1 with the shoe, even when I'm trying to created slippage or movement on purpose to test it.

The toe box is definitely more roomy than I am used to. Even though I always prefer a snug fit, my toes are usually smooshed a bit too much. This toe box feels very good to me, as I think the roominess is a product of the top of the shoe over the toes being a bit higher than normal. I don't anticipate any forefoot or toe slippage, but I can't verify that until I play ball in them.

So far it feels very impressive, but I won't ball in them til this weekend and I can update more.

Just got my micro g lites in and right off the bat the things that stand out are the unique cut and the heel lockdown.

The cut is awesome imo. I'm used to playing in Kobe Vs and like the freedom of the lowtop, but this cut on the micro g lites is superior imo. It's got the freedom of a lowtop cut, with tremendous stability and lockdown. My heel seriously feels like it is 1 with the shoe, even when I'm trying to created slippage or movement on purpose to test it.

The toe box is definitely more roomy than I am used to. Even though I always prefer a snug fit, my toes are usually smooshed a bit too much. This toe box feels very good to me, as I think the roominess is a product of the top of the shoe over the toes being a bit higher than normal. I don't anticipate any forefoot or toe slippage, but I can't verify that until I play ball in them.

So far it feels very impressive, but I won't ball in them til this weekend and I can update more.

hi guys, i also would like to ask what cushioning system are they using? is it also using something similar to zoom as stated above? thanks!

hi guys, i also would like to ask what cushioning system are they using? is it also using something similar to zoom as stated above? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom