Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

Nope. He knows that he's young & has a lot of basketball left after this year. So he wants to make sure that he doesn't **** that up.

He comes back next season at a high level & competes with MIA for the league's best record & the fans will completely forget about last year. He keeps it up for a decade & then when he retires this will be just be a small footnote.

He's a liability at this point anyway. The last time he saw the Heat in the playoffs he averaged 35% shooting & 4 turnovers. And that was when he was at his peak. Now he hasn't played in ANY games in over a year & is completely out of rhythm. It would be a nightmare.

If dude is medically cleared now why is it any guarantee he'll feel "right" next season?

I don't get why everyone is assuming he'll play next season opening night if he's too scared to play now.

No not at all

Its his body, he could play when he feels like it.

Y'all think because you watch the games and buy tickets, that Derrick Rose owes you something. :lol:

He's going get paid whether you don't watch or don't pay for a ticket.

The NBA machine has been in place for a long time and will continue whether you respect Derrick Rose or not

Yall are funny.

Dude will come back when he is ready. Who am I to say he should be back because someone else came back HE should have come back already.

No. He isn't losing any respect/

This.

One issue i have is that during all this time, you would think Rose would've handed a blank check to the best dermatologist on the planet to clear that acne up.

Come on bro, it's time.

Durant needs to make that his top priority in the offseason, too.

Last edited:
[quote name="DirtyBuhbuhnew"]You've never competed on the level of physicality as D Rose. That was what I was getting at. You basically said, "If I can be fine after tearing my ACLs, then D rose should be just as fine" which is very unrealistic.[/quote]No I basically didn't. What I basically said was that I have torn both of my ACLs.

people were saying that critics don't have a right to say anything because they haven't tore their ACL.

I have. so I'm responding to THAT line of reasoning. if you're not one of the people who said that line of reasoning, then don't worry about my response to that line of reasoning, because it doesn't concern you.

Last edited:
If dude is medically cleared now why is it any guarantee he'll feel "right" next season?

I don't get why everyone is assuming he'll play next season opening night if he's too scared to play now.
Well, recovery time for an ACL is usually 8-12 months.

He had surgery in mid May of 2012. Opening night will be late October 2013, which would be 17 & 1/2 months from surgery.

It doesn't take longer than 17 1/2 months to return from an ACL tear. So it's a safe assumption.

As someone living in Chicago, its pretty damn dissapointing.. Wish he would come out and say he isn't coming back already, but I did make some cash from betting people he wouldn't return. Rumor is he lives in Deerfield which is pretty close to me. Might have to make a stop one day and find him lol

Derrick Rose doesn't care about my respect and doesn't need it. He has to do what is best for him so that he can continue to earn his multiyear guaranteed maximum contract whether or not he plays.

Last edited:
Yea he's a *** for what he's doing...more annoyed by his apologist who are saying the stupidest **** trying to defend him tho
Agreed.

And if Lebron would have did this, y'all would have wanted him to be given the death penalty

Also big point, why return if your gonna lose. Chicago needs another scorer at the 2. Jimmy plays good defense, but OJ or JR at the 2 would be perfect.

Also big point, why return if your gonna lose. Chicago needs another scorer at the 2. Jimmy plays good defense, but OJ or JR at the 2 would be perfect.

I ******g hate this logic. Why come back if there gonna lose?! Really? So in that case why should 8 seeds play #1 seeds anymore if they're underdogs every game? or why should a boxer who isn't favored to win a bout even show up?

Its called heart dude. Your teammates been scrapping and beat a healthy, good team in Brooklyn. Sure Miami is favored be we all have seen how good Chicago plays Miami. Go out there and go all out. That's all I'm saying

Last edited:
No not at all

Its his body, he could play when he feels like it.

Y'all think because you watch the games and buy tickets, that Derrick Rose owes you something. :lol:

He's going get paid whether you don't watch or don't pay for a ticket.

The NBA machine has been in place for a long time and will continue whether you respect Derrick Rose or not

lolwut.

Taking things for granted, aint you?

Well, recovery time for an ACL is usually 8-12 months.

He had surgery in mid May of 2012. Opening night will be late October 2013, which would be 17 & 1/2 months from surgery.

It doesn't take longer than 17 1/2 months to return from an ACL tear. So it's a safe assumption.

Can't even say this though. It takes 8-12 months to physically recover, who's to say he will mentally recover by then? He's physically fine just not mentally. It might take him 3 years to mentally recover :lol:

Can't even say this though. It takes 8-12 months to physically recover, who's to say he will mentally recover by then? He's physically fine just not mentally. It might take him 3 years to mentally recover
laugh.gif
hell be back to form the last year of his deal
glasses.gif

Can't even say this though. It takes 8-12 months to physically recover, who's to say he will mentally recover by then? He's physically fine just not mentally. It might take him 3 years to mentally recover :lol:
Word. He'll take 36 months to come back from an ACL tear.

stop disrespecting ska

dude came back from his torn ACLs and increased his vert from 5 inches to 10

no way in hell you as a basketball fan should take anybody serious who says he needs to come back...straight dumb talk.

He hasn't lost my respect but I definitely question his heart and competitive fire, any diehard competitor worth his salt would've at least attempted to play by now.

If I was his teammate though it'd be a different story, I'd treat him like KG treated Ray Allen after he went to Miami.....ignore and look right thru him :smh:.

NO but his muscles memory has

i shall never forgive the memory of his muscles and what they have done to derrick...

Last edited:
Yes

Doctor cleared him, his knee has healed. I don't expect him to be back playing 40 min a game but he should have been back the last week or two of the regular season. Building up strength and chemistry preparing for the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom