Has Kanye's Era Come To A Close?

1. Kanye made MBDTF after his mom passed soooo...

Also this implies that Kanye was some calm non ego centric person before his mom passed. Social media didn't even exist and he still went on all caps rants on his blog pre twitter. He tried to write and star in a a curb your enthiasm style television show. He tried to start a clothing line pastelle. Do you think if Kanye had access to twitter while that stuff was going on he would be calm, cool and collected about it?

Is it possible that Kanye has ALWAYS been this way, but you just never had direct access to his stream on consciousness before.

2. I find all these internet MD's diagnosing Kanye on twitter to be pretty ridiculous and a slightly unseemly.

3. Kanye era not over until there is a new Kanye.

I don't see that person.

Rhymefest a internet MD now?

Entrepreneurs ask for money all the time. The reactions to Kanyes persona really highlight how idiotic humans can be

Really? Over social networks?

Ok.

Because asking for funding/ financial backing, and calling everyone out in concerts and social media are the same

Would you walk outside an office building and shout about how they should give you a job?

Or would you qualify yourself, and schedule an interview?

Last edited:
Word up and not having anybody in his corner to help him stay "grounded" and keep it real w/ him.
. Kanye west is a grown man with kids not a child. Last time I checked he was close to 40. Let's not blame his mom passing for his behavior. He is a man that needs ALOT of attention.

Entrepreneurs ask for money all the time. The reactions to Kanyes persona really highlight how idiotic humans can be
Really? Over social networks?

Ok.

Because asking for funding/ financial backing, and calling everyone out in concerts and social media are the same

Would you walk outside an office building and shout about how they should give you a job?

Or would you qualify yourself, and schedule an interview?
Bruh you making it waaaay deeper than this has to be 
laugh.gif
. Regardless if Kanye tweeted about receiving funding or not, still doesn't take away from the fact that entrepreneur look for partners in business ventures. **** Trump calls people out all the time but I'm sure he has business partners. Although obviously Trump is probably a better "businessman", I just think you're overanalyzing this for sure.

It's not really over analyzing anything.

Nobody said entrepreneurs don't look for business partners.

I basically said, nobody ***** with Kanye because of the way he goes about conducting his business.

It's really that simple

And miss me with he "get over yourself" talk. You sound stupid with all that noise

Last edited:
You in your feelings about another mans tweets. Don't say anything to me about stupidity :lol:

The mans had 3 more sneaker deals than you'll ever have. I'm pretty sure someone ***** with him. Let that anger go.

:lol: I post a response in a thread, and all of a sudden I'm stupid and in my feelings.

Yawn.

Keep reaching for them feels though. You'll bait someone with it one of these days.

Last edited:

I basically said, nobody ***** with Kanye because of the way he goes about conducting his business.

It's really that simple

And miss me with he "get over yourself" talk. You sound stupid with all that noise
All I'm saying is Trump does the same thing. But I get your standpoint as far as political correctness as to see why someone would not WANT to invest with him. But that could be said about any investment.... 

It's really that simple

I agree with this guy in some ways. Who is really going to invest in urban clothing anymore? The market is beyond flooded. Do you think mark zuckerberg is going to invest in urban clothing? Kanyes clothes didn't look that great to begin with. You can duplicate that look yourself with your own clothes if you really wanted too.

He got the two biggest SHOE threads on NT in the Nike and Other Brands (Adidas)section

He still the biggest rapper in the game, even though he hasn't put out a traditional rap album since MDF.

He was just on SNL

Sold out Madison Square so people can listen to his album
eek.gif

He made Tidals subscriptions go up like 10000% in the last 48 hours

I think he will be ok
This. And then some. 

Kanye's "era" is no where near coming to a close.  

I feel like NTthe internet, in general, is the wrong place to ask this question.

It's really that simple

All I'm saying is Trump does the same thing. But I get your standpoint as far as political correctness as to see why someone would not WANT to invest with him. But that could be said about any investment.... 

Nah I dig, you're right. He definitely does do the same thing.

But it's all about the relationships you're trying to build and he people you're trying to build them with.

If Ye wants the funding and backing he's got to come at people more correctly. It seems like he keeps trying to go to his "heroes" for help and funding, while trying to build something that will be in direct competition with them.

If I'm trying to start something, I shouldn't expect someone in direct competition with me to help me out. No matter how much I look up to or admire them. And then I shouldn't shout at them to hand me a helping hand.

But that's something he'll just have to hurdle over. If and when he gets funding, it will more than likely be from someone he least expected.

He worshiped Nike, Margiela, and Rick Owens for years, and out of them Nike finally threw him a bone. But it was Adidas who gave him what he wanted.

He keeps pulling on Zuckerbergs pockets, but it will more than likely be someone else who gives him his shot.

Last edited:

It's really that simple

But it's all about the relationships you're trying to build and he people you're trying to build them with.

If Ye wants the funding and backing he's got to come at people more correctly. It seems like he keeps trying to go to his "heroes" for help and funding, while trying to build something that will be in direct competition with them.

If I'm trying to start something, I shouldn't expect someone in direct competition with me to help me out. And then I shouldn't shout at them to hand me a helping hand.

But that's something he'll just have to hurdle over. If and when he gets funding, it will more than likely be from someone he least expected.
This happens all the time in business though. Just ask Elon Musk (Tesla) and Mercedes Benz. 

This. And then some. 

So many rappers have had failed clothing lines. Anyone who would invest in this market would have to come in very low. His sneakers sell very well only because they are limited run and most are bought by resellers. Do you agree with me there? I can't see a Kanye line on the floor of Macy's. Bill Clinton is not wearing Kanye. Obama is not wearing Kanye. It's an urban brand before it hits the floor. Do you get my point? Where are you selling it? It's not going to be cheap? It will be priced in line with polo safe to say.

This. And then some. 

So many rappers have had failed clothing lines. Anyone who would invest in this market would have to come in very low. His sneakers sell very well only because they are limited run and most are bought by resellers. Do you agree with me there? I can't see a Kanye line on the floor of Macy's. Bill Clinton is not wearing Kanye. Obama is not wearing Kanye. It's an urban brand before it hits the floor. Do you get my point? Where are you selling it? It's not going to be cheap? It will be priced in line with polo safe to say.
Yeah. As a business, I don't think he's thought about what his demographic is.

Like people have been trained by Nike for years that buying $200 is somewhat acceptable. So for his shoes to sell out isn't that much of a stretch. Ain't nobody gonna pay those prices do his clothes on a mass scale

If he wants to design for people to just look at and think, " that's cool". Fine

Last edited:

It's really that simple

If I'm trying to start something, I shouldn't expect someone in direct competition with me to help me out. And then I shouldn't shout at them to hand me a helping hand.

This happens all the time in business though. Just ask Elon Musk (Tesla) and Mercedes Benz. 

True. But to Musk's defense...

...He's a genius...

But I'm not denying that you're right though :lol:

I just really think its Kanye's attitude that gets in the way of him succeeding at the rate that he should be.

Last edited:
                                                                                               I feel like NTthe internet, in general, is the wrong place to ask this question.

Last edited:
Kanye has NOT fallen off musically. Proof : 30 hrs, No more parites, Real Friends. He can make still make great songs like these. He has just gone in a different direction where some core fans dont wanna follow or are just not into.

Is his era over? In some ways. He in no longer the main attraction in the rap scene (K.dot, Cole, Drake). He is still an attraction tho because of the level of quality in his catalog and his passionate, arrogant, spontaneous personality. People will still keep up with him but he isn't the main source of high quality music, there are more players in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah. As a business, I don't think he's thought about what his demographic is.

Like people have been trained by Nike for years that buying $200 is somewhat acceptable. So for his shoes to sell out isn't that much of a stretch. Ain't nobody gonna pay those prices do his clothes on a mass scale

If he wants to design for people to just look at and think, " that's cool". Fine
I totally agree. His wife is rich why is she not investing in his clothes. This man has so many more connections to reach out too but no one in his circle is investing in him. He is on the web reaching out to strangers. The clothes are bland looking and boring. They look like they belong in a post apocalypse movie set. He threw his money away and is now trying to recover.

Back
Top Bottom