Have Jordans jumped the shark?

it's been said many times former nike employees work for adidas now

alotta designs were carried over from nike to adidas supposedly

these look better than any shoe kanye has made with adidas

View media item 2275654
the hardens look better than any shoe kanye has made with adidas.

Crazy enough they ripped the design from Adidas, but I'll let you tell it.

93acda7d95a9b9b26be242a6398a869a_crop_north.jpg

adidas-tubular-x-primeknit-core-black-2.jpg

but nike created da Huarache innersock in da first place.. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

But aren't those Adidas tubulars pretty much ripped from Prestos/Huaraches silhouette?

The height just happens to be exaggerated on the Tubular X but the first Tubulars are about the same height as Nikes.

And those "mountain" details in the forefoot is a classic design detail, that details is actually very reminiscent of the Air Max toes on the Adidas while it doesn't even look like that on the Lebron 14s.

It's similar to KD9s honeycomb upper design being given credit to Adidas when that style has been used on Nike soccer shoes for maybe a decade now.

Adidas Forum high is the inspiration for the tubular X. You guys need to give credit where credit is due. Adidas' new offerings use plenty of design cues from their older shoes.

Adidas Forum high is the inspiration for the tubular X. You guys need to give credit where credit is due. Adidas' new offerings use plenty of design cues from their older shoes.

Adidas Forum Hi

You don't even know the proper name of the shoe

But aren't those Adidas tubulars pretty much ripped from Prestos/Huaraches silhouette?

The height just happens to be exaggerated on the Tubular X but the first Tubulars are about the same height as Nikes.

And those "mountain" details in the forefoot is a classic design detail, that details is actually very reminiscent of the Air Max toes on the Adidas while it doesn't even look like that on the Lebron 14s.

It's similar to KD9s honeycomb upper design being given credit to Adidas when that style has been used on Nike soccer shoes for maybe a decade now.

that doesn't have the one-piece upper though and really difficult to trace that lineage to this, without the one-piece upper it's hard to put one and one together.

Only real distinct similarities is the "X" and that is it and it isn't even constructed the same.

View media item 2275792

Adidas has been reinterpreting their classic runners with one-piece uppers since the ZX flux. In addition, look at the midsole outline on both shoes and tell me that you don't see any similarities.

Midsole is completely different from the tubular X outside of that tiny angle up front and I am not sure that toe piece shape is specific to Adidas. I could have sworn other companies including Nike has used it.

But let's be serious now, that really isn't what people would say "hey! that's the Adidas Forum Hi's!!! Look at the angle in front of the shoes midsole!" once they see the Tubular X.

And you can't really just cross out my whole statement like it's all wrong and that the Tubular X are all built based off of every feature of the Forum Hi's.

And making one-piece uppers and not having the shape in the discussion is completely irrelevant because they do not look the same. And isn't the ZX Flux pretty new? Could have sworn that released only a few years ago? And I know I know the ZX FLux was based on older ZX line from Adidas.

At the end of the day, it becomes ridiculous to say Nike copied Adidas or vice versa because you only have so much shoe surface to design and most have been made that you can trace back to one another and creating something completely new usually turns to look like some frankenstein shoes.

Adidas gets plenty of credit too, Boost is amazing, it really is and they do still have some good new designs like the CLB and Crazy Explosives and their basketball line is arguably the best performance line-up these days.

i am interested to see how Yeezy's will sell when his main demographic has grown up and he is no longer musically relevant to young people

people act like inspiration is linear

it can be multiple sources

to think adidas or anyone else is just getting inspiration from their older designs is ridiculous

people act like inspiration is linear

it can be multiple sources

to think adidas or anyone else is just getting inspiration from their older designs is ridiculous

It's just as ridiculous to think that Nike inspires every other shoe under the sun.

Below is the statement I replied to:

Why would they not be inspired by the original tubular instead?

View media item 2275982

You guys are acting like adidas didn't exist before 2014 when they probably have a much larger archive than nike.

wow u ****** are lame

you gonna sit there and ride Adidas and discredit everything the man said than know what you are talking about

talking bout the Lebron 14 being designed after the Tubular X like clowns

that was a dig on these Adidas **** boys but you clearly misunderstood

Last edited:
It's just as ridiculous to think that Nike inspires every other shoe under the sun.

Below is the statement I replied to:
Why would they not be inspired by the original tubular instead?

View media item 2275982

You guys are acting like adidas didn't exist before 2014 when they probably have a much larger archive than nike.

we're not talking every shoe under the sun

we're talking very specific shoes

the first new interpretation of the tubular was def roshe inspired and then they had a specific new interpretation of the 93 tubular I believe it was

and I have both

and you quoted me saying that everyone has multiple sources of inspiration

I've been buying adidas way before the yeezy craze

the first new interpretation of the tubular was def roshe inspired

I just don't see it. When I look at the first tubular I see the zx 7000.

The general point I'm trying to make is that whenever the discussion on adidas designs pops up in General, people will always approach it from the Nike fan perspective, which is limiting. Go back and look at whatever adidas has in its archives before coming to the conclusion that they mindlessly copy everything nike is doing.

Back
Top Bottom