HBO Documentary: San Francisco 2.0

are there any places in SF that these tech companies wont touch?

I always thought Hunter's Point was the area that would never get it's change but I wouldn't be surprised if business started building stuff there. Tenderloin still has it's issues and odd people. Where Twitter and Uber is, they are like on the very border of where it gets pretty sketch but as long as people remain on Market St, they should be ok. The only other bad area that always seems sketch is 6th Street that is like 2 blocks of crap but oddly there is a poppin brunch spot there, so it can't be all that bad.

Don't forget Oakland too. I know Pandora and VSCO are out there but more areas will go there and set up the same type of shop out there. The odd one to me is Youtube being in South City area. I saw there office the other day and nothing is around there.

Bay-Area-Tech-Giants-051214.jpg

:smh:

I love the city but I could never live there.. or any major downtown type of city for that matter.

Air quality sucks, traffic is horrendous, people in a rush and don't give a damb, and people constantly coming into town crowding it up even more for events like Giants games and events on the water.

And on top of ALL OF THIS, the rent is sky high? :x

No thanks, b. I like my 1.5 hour commute to SF for when I need a day there of enjoyment cause I love the teams and the city itself. But even by the end of that I'm eager to leave.

As long as they keep Daly City & Heyward.

Pinoy Central for NorCal then everything in those areas will still be :pimp:

This is true though.

You know someone's lying about being Filipino if they don't have at least ONE known family member living in Daly City. :lol:

This is true though.

You know someone's lying about being Filipino if they don't have at least ONE known family member living in Daly City. :lol:

It's the right of passage or portal entry for every damn Filipino that immigrates from the motherland to to Norcal :lol:

Heck down here where I'm from in SD my community Mira Mesa & National City are the biggest Filipino communities.

This is true though.

You know someone's lying about being Filipino if they don't have at least ONE known family member living in Daly City.
laugh.gif
True that. lol

Lived in DC for about a year and disliked it so much. Parking near Mission/Top of the Hill is straight up Favela status.
laugh.gif

I wanted to live off Gellert and flourish on the courts at Gellert Park.

i was born and raised in SF i was about 4 when my parents bought there house in the bayview about 4 blocks away from hunters point and i could honestly say that just in my area i see the changes all the people who have been here for generations and more tech people are moving in. I have white neighbors jogging at night around here where 5 years ago you wouldnt see no one walking around late at night. It just gets me sad for the fact that i been married for 4 years going on 5 and we cant buy a house out here because its getting too expensive since all these people are coming in :smh: .

^^^You still live there now? What is your unbiased opinion on living there? I'd literally be part of that problem if I tried to own a Condo there but I wonder if it is worth the investment in the long run since it is only getting worse and expensive. But man, if this bubble does in fact burst, that area will be the first place to go down the tubes in regards to the value.

This is true though.

Lol that's right! It's like saying I don't have Indian relatives in foster city or Sunnyvale. Place is flooded with Indian people.

It really is depressing. Music venues are closing and the view across the Bay is disappearing with all the new high rises being built. I've only been here since 2009 and I've seen a lot change. I used to like going to the Mission because at least hipsters were tolerable and stuck to themselves. Now the tech bros are out and about being obnoxious as hell. They used to only be prevalent in the Marina but they're everywhere now. I pray they don't come to the Sunset.

I'm surprised this didn't show up in the doc:

A update from the person who posted the video on youtube:

UPDATE: After public uproar, SF Rec & Park removed the policy that allowed this encounter to happen. The City - without posting the availability of the park rental on their public website - had been marketing the Tuesday and Thursday slots initially only through an app so that the demographic portrayed in the video - a tech league - was taking the space from neighborhood kids twice a week.

This is true though.

Lol that's right! It's like saying I don't have Indian relatives in foster city or Sunnyvale. Place is flooded with Indian people.

I dont have a dam family member in Daly City lol.

But word to gentrification, ish is mad spilling over across the Bay. Recent land purchases of the Richmond Parkway/ Point Pinole industrial park to the planning of the UC global campus in Richmond Bay, ish sounds nice and dandy at first...but you gotta be naive to not see where this is headed in the coming years

But word to gentrification, ish is mad spilling over across the Bay. Recent land purchases of the Richmond Parkway/ Point Pinole industrial park to the planning of the UC global campus in Richmond Bay, ish sounds nice and dandy at first...but you gotta be naive to not see where this is headed in the coming years

I was checking out condos in Point Richmond. Seemed like a nice area to live even though the commute seemed like murder since you had to drive to Richmond Bart and go straight into the city from there. But the condos there aren't even cheap. I think on average, a one bedroom is about $500k or higher. I am so damn mad I didn't get a place in Oakland or Emeryville when the housing was so low. There were condos and 1 bedrooms for $300k, even though the selling price before that was $198k. Now they are all in the $500k range. Man!!!!

I was checking out condos in Point Richmond. Seemed like a nice area to live even though the commute seemed like murder since you had to drive to Richmond Bart and go straight into the city from there. But the condos there aren't even cheap. I think on average, a one bedroom is about $500k or higher. I am so damn mad I didn't get a place in Oakland or Emeryville when the housing was so low. There were condos and 1 bedrooms for $300k, even though the selling price before that was $198k. Now they are all in the $500k range. Man!!!!
You haven't considered relocating somewhere else outside of the bay area?  I know people who are VPs that still rent in the city and aren't buying in SF

Affordable housing in texas ftw:smokin

It is already happening to Texas. I know someone who relocated to Austin years ago and she said it is becoming unsustainable because the city and its infrastructure wasn't built to handle the influx of people coming in; most of them from California to escape the taxes and high housing prices.

I do that commute :smh: . Drive on the 80 in the morning, to arrive at del norte before 8:30 (cuz parking gets full by around 8:50-9am), then get packed into a BART car that has dysfunctional air conditioning, all to arrive in a city where I do unpaid intern work :lol: :lol:

Spikes in rent forced me to move back with my parents. I was furious and embarrassed at first...but it fasho is a blessing in disguise not having to die from rent. Just gotta ante up 1-3 hours of day for commuting sometimes *shrug*

Last edited:
I was in SF for about a year. Job moved me up there since I'm in tech. Was paying $2,600 for a 1 bedroom.

Now in Santa Monica aka Silicon Beach paying $2,200 for a 2 bedroom. I have the master, block away from Cabo Cantina and in the best part/ young part of the city. So happy I moved away from SF.

And the girls are sooooooo much hotter :evil:

This is true though.

No joke, I can't think of one family member from Daly City. I was probably the closest one since it was only a couple blocks away (Excelsior District).

I'm in Austin for ACL and SXSW every year and non festival times too.  The traffic there is ridiculous, so few lanes on the freeway you can tell it wasn't meant to have the amount of people there as it does now

I'm in Austin for ACL and SXSW every year and non festival times too.  The traffic there is ridiculous, so few lanes on the freeway you can tell it wasn't meant to have the amount of people there as it does now

My buddy who I went to ACL with is a Civil Engineer. Traffic wasn't AWFUL, but it was pretty bad. He was contemplating moving out there, making his 100k and living like a king.

I'd actually be down for Austin for a few years, but SM is theeeee greatest.

You haven't considered relocating somewhere else outside of the bay area?  I know people who are VPs that still rent in the city and aren't buying in SF

The girlfriend doesn't want to do it. I think the farthest she'll go is Oakland/Alameda....haha. She's a stingy city girl but at least she's an OG, if that matters. Point Richmond was more for my own curiosity but is now way she would do that commute. I lived in Hilltop for a year before I moved to SF. I would drive in traffic from Richmond Parkway to El Cerrito, fight for parking which sometimes I'd miss out, take Bart in and then walk 2 blocks to work where i had a micro manager that'd tell me I was 5 minutes late. Then I'd head back home and find a parking ticket on my car since I parked in a residential area sometimes. It flat out sucked.

My buddy who I went to ACL with is a Civil Engineer. Traffic wasn't AWFUL, but it was pretty bad. He was contemplating moving out there, making his 100k and living like a king.

I'd actually be down for Austin for a few years, but SM is theeeee greatest.
Lol only reason you're saying it's not awful is because you're coming from a city with horrible traffic as well.  Austin is dope, kind of reminds me of Santa Barbara without the beaches/ocean.  Girls there are hot too.  I have friends that live right on 6th st. down there and it's fun.  Still a lot cheaper than SF and LA but it's not as cheap as like Tempe.  

Back
Top Bottom