HBO State of Play: Trophy Kids

Which parent do you guys think was the worst? My vote goes for the golf dad. Dude was disgraceful

It's wild to curse at a little girl like that.

That said, I think the football dad was the worst. I would say his view of "being a man" was just poisonous. While walking around in college issue sweats all day... Dumbass.

Yea i would say the worst was the football dad, followed by the Golf and basketball dad's ......only reason i think the football dad is worse than Golf is because the Golf Dad just seemed to care about being successful through his kids golf career but football dad was wreaking havoc on the boys whole life on and off the field

I think Josh had it's moments (football dad) but I dont think he was worse than the golf and basketball dad with the bad tan, them dudes seemed way worse...the golf dad's obsession with creating a Tiger Woods was weird...like literally he had that **** planned out the moment he found his asian wife. disturbing

Josh was an actual successful athlete. His kid didnt really have it in him competitive wise from jump

He did push his kid a litte too far with things off the field, I agree

Last edited:
Basketball dad was bad too, but both he and the golf dad were at their worst on the court/course, when their emotions got away from them. The football dad was just 100% that way all the time.

Basketball dad was bad too, but both he and the golf dad were at their worst on the court/course, when their emotions got away from them. The football dad was just 100% that way all the time.
I agree with the off the field stuff, he was a bit wild so I can see your point

but I do think how he went at him on the field was tame in comparison, his kid just didnt have it him

The other kids, were competitive and wanted to succeed and still got cursed into oblivion, I felt like they dealt with worse but their skin was somewhat thicker to the criticism...the Josh's kid wanted no parts of that kind of competitiveness, which is cool, luckily it worked out for him

Last edited:
I agree with the off the field stuff, he was a bit wild so I can see your point

but I do think how he went at him on the field was tame in comparison, his kid just didnt have it him

The other kids, were competitive and wanted to succeed and still got cursed into oblivion, I felt like they dealt with worse but their skin was somewhat thicker to the criticism...the Josh's kid wanted no parts of that kind of competitiveness, which is cool, luckily it worked out for him

Yea it was weird for sure, football dad went harder at his son when he wasnt playing than when he was watching the games..he was pretty chill in comparison to the other parents during competition :lol:

The bball kid was willing to basically say "F off" to his dad which probably helped keep him sane.

Yea it was weird for sure, football dad went harder at his son when he wasnt playing than when he was watching the games..he was pretty chill in comparison to the other parents during competition
laugh.gif
Yeah man, he straight snapped on him in the car over nothing
mean.gif

Let the little dude live, he isnt built like you
The bball kid was willing to basically say "F off" to his dad which probably helped keep him sane.
Basically
laugh.gif

Does the original cut show both basketball dad's?

[thread="576375"] [/thread]
Yea it was weird for sure, football dad went harder at his son when he wasnt playing than when he was watching the games..he was pretty chill in comparison to the other parents during competition :lol:
Yeah man, he straight snapped on him in the car over nothing :smh:

Let the little dude live, he isnt built like you

Basically :lol:

Does the original cut show both basketball dad's?
Yea both dads in the extended version..i was surprised how much more footage and story lines the basketball parts had when i watched it

Back
Top Bottom