HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

robb stark. is that the girl he marries in the book? for some reason i feel like thats not her. Or am I wrong. been a long time since i read book 2. 
but my goodness is shse sexy

The Shae thing.. I'm done with her too. I really wish they did the whole background story of how he was hiding her, I woulda loved to see who they casted for the summer isle girl.
Talisa's story has been changed around for the show.  The wiki explains everything.
What summer isle girl?

The wiki explains why the show changed it?

remember in the book the owner of the brothel tyrion was going to was a summer isle woman.. she had a young daughter who was said to be really sexy.
but that was the woman cersi caught because the secret entrance to find shae was in the room the daughter and tyrion would go in to act like they were having coitus.

^
Nah, it doesn't explain why.  People will have to ask the writers why they changed it.  I guess they just wanted to make her more interesting.  They took info about her from the books and expanded on it.   http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Talisa_Maegyr

I remember now about the prostitute.  She was the one with the really dark skin right?  The books are so long that I forget a lot of stuff 
laugh.gif

would have loved to see her...
also am I the onlyone who thinks Shae shoulda been portrayed by Talisa instead since they say shae was suppose to be so beautiful and Talisa is sooooo bomb

Honestly, I think there needs to be two threads...one for the book discussion and the other SOLELY for the show. This is getting out of hand.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Honestly, I think there needs to be two threads...one for the book discussion and the other SOLELY for the show. This is getting out of hand.
mention of the red wedding really opened the floodgates for spoilers and spoiler insinuations.  id be pissed if i hadnt already read the books.

shogun wrote:
Talisa's story has been changed around for the show. The wiki explains everything.
What summer isle girl?

im confused here.  Talisa was in the book or are you talkin bout Jeyne Westerling?  I thought Talisa was just a completely made up character for the show (to take the place of Westerling).

^
Damn.  I edited.  Didn't think it was that serious since we've been questioning who she was since she showed up.  Mojo, read the link I posted last page.

damn yo shut up.... i have never red the book... so now i hear about a red wedding and now robbs girl is gonna tell him how she is? really? now she aint who i thought she was? damn yall, for real?...

Originally Posted by MrONegative

getting dangerous in here
nerd.gif

Yeah.
laugh.gif

Seems like it's only a matter of time before one of you idiots spoil something major.

To be fair, those who have spoiled the story for themselves are the ones mentioning stuff that hasn't happened yet.  We should just talk about the episodes in here but people keep asking about other stuff.

To add, these are GREAT books. I read less than your average person and I couldn't put the first 3 down.
I suggest catching up and reading through the third book while we wait for season 3. Believe me, watching this stuff work itself out on tv is no less thrilling for having read the books.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

damn yo shut up.... i have never red the book... so now i hear about a red wedding and now robbs girl is gonna tell him how she is? really? now she aint who i thought she was? damn yall, for real?...

No one knows if she is or isn't. As a book reader I'm just as in the dark as you.

And I can come out and say "You better watch out cuz THE DOOM is going to happen" and you have no idea what I'm talking about. Just because you know a "red wedding" is coming doesn't mean anything is spoiled.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

To add, these are GREAT books. I read less than your average person and I couldn't put the first 3 down.
I suggest catching up and reading through the third book while we wait for season 3. Believe me, watching this stuff work itself out on tv is no less thrilling for having read the books.

Agreed.

Can't wait to see the events of book 3 portrayed on the show.

Nothing is being spoiled like hybrid said, those who read the wiki did it to themselves. Just by mentioning "red wedding" no specific details are being given. So can we carry on with the thread? this is starting to remind Me of the walking dead one.

Wow that was a dropped bomb.

The funny thing is I read the books and I still got spoiled once in each book. Once when reading a blurb in the NY times and twice from friends who read the book already and slipped

It's so hard to not be spoiled these days. It's like u can lock yourself in a room, read the books, and still somehow get spoiled.

writing RW in here is like saying Bomb on an airplane.

Bought the Game of Thrones: Visuals from the RPG art book. The game got terrible reviews and we know how licensed games usually go so I just opted to buy the art book separately for a nice price.

Back
Top Bottom