HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

AdWD was pretty painful at first. certain characters got me through the beginning but the middle and end picked up extremely well

^
I prefer reading from a physical book as well. I can just throw it in my bag or on a table and not be as cautious if it were my tablet. No one really steals reading books either.

I thought AFFC was way worse than ADWD. ADWD actually made up for how slow AFFC was. I just think there were too many POV characters.

Why they have to cast such a cute actress for Missandei :wow:? I'm guessing they made her older or i'm gonna sound like a dirty, old man.

I'm just going to watch a lot of the G.o.T. youtube channel until the season starts.

I've been like a machine... I'm halfway thru book 5. I can't wait to jump on some asoiaf message boards and not be nervous.

And I must cast my vote for book 4 being the weakest of the bunch. Was not even in the vicinity of the characters I wanted to know what was going on with.

I thought

Jaime, Arya, and Sam all had good material

]

I felt the same minus your last one. The last person you mentioned was only good because of the people around him. But I certainly could've done without reading it.

I'm reading The Hedge Knight now. arghhhh I need more Game of throne books.
dare I say screw the show just write the books.

I thought AFFC was way worse than ADWD. ADWD actually made up for how slow AFFC was. I just think there were too many POV characters.
I see AFFC and ADWD as 1 big *** book. Just crazy how every thing is turning out. Just wish Asha in the show was crazy hot and sexy cause that's how I read her :pimp:

I see AFFC and ADWD as 1 big *** book. Just crazy how every thing is turning out. Just wish Asha in the show was crazy hot and sexy cause that's how I read her :pimp:

eh....im glad they make the characters not too hot, it adds to the realism. I mean Asha is a tomboy pirate who spend most of her time on ships and doesnt shower, she should look the part.

Last edited:
when asha was explained in the book. it was like Theon dropped everything to try and talk to her because she was so beautiful. i dont think the one on the show is a terrible misrepresentation. but when we first saw her they couldve fixed her up bette

Last edited:
when asha was explained in the book. it was like Theon dropped everything to try and tal km to her because she wss so beautiful. i dont think the one o mnemonic the show us a terrible misrepresentation. but when we first saw hwr they couldve fixed her up better
Were you drunk when you wrote that or maybe you were typing on your phone? :lol:

I'm reading The Hedge Knight now. arghhhh I need more Game of throne books.
dare I say screw the show just write the books.
How is The Hedge Knight? I need stuff to read. Someone needs to kidnap the old man and lock him up until he finishes editing the next book. He makes so many damn changes when he starts the editing process.

lol sorry it was 3 am and I was on my phone.
im going to edit it.

the hedge knight is good so far. im actually reading the graphic novel. ill read the full novella later. which can be found in dream songs vol.2

ASoS had me like "what the **** did I just read?" Damn near ruined my day.
The only negative about reading the books is not getting mind and eye effed when shocking things happen on the show.

What happened to Ned in season one probably had millions of people going :wow: :frown: at the same time, which is awesome.

Last edited:
I feel like I have to watch the final episodes of Season 2 to catch up, it's been so long since it's been on. Looking forward to March 31st, though.

I hope not much. There's so much detail that comes up and so much stuff to cover, I'm hoping the fact that they are splitting it into two seasons allows them to do that.

Amazon product ASIN B0060MYM7O
34.99 :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

http://hbowatch.com/game-of-thrones-season-two-blu-ray-is-absolutely-stunning/

Here is the full list of commentary by episode:

“The North Remembers” – with executive producers/writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
“The Night Lands” – with actors Alfie Allen (Theon) and Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy)
“What is Dead May Never Die” (2 tracks) – with writer Bryan Cogman and director Alik Sakharov; plus commentary by actors Sophie Turner (Sansa), Maisie Williams (Arya), and Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran)
“Garden of Bones” – with actors Carice Van Houten (Melisandre) and Liam Cunningham (Davos)
“The Old Gods and the New” – with actors Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) , and writer Vanessa Taylor
“A Man Without Honor” – with executive producers/writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
“The Prince of Winterfell” – with actors Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) and Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark)
“Blackwater” (2 tracks) – with author George R.R. Martin; plus actors Peter Dinklage (Tyrion), Lena Headey (Cersei), and director Neil Marshall
“Valar Morghulis” (2 tracks) – with Rainer Gombros and Steve Kullback of the VFX team; plus actress Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) and director Alan Taylor

The Grade

Wow. What else can I really say here? This is the best thing that has ever happened to TV on Blu-ray? Ok, that may be a little strong, but not entirely untrue. It’s definitely how watching TV on Blu-ray should be, and more importantly, it’s how watching Game of Thrones on Blu-ray should be. There are hours upon hours of exclusive content here that paints an extremely vivid picture of what this show is all about. Newbies and long-time fans can both relish in the astounding attention to detail that went in to this set. Certainly, it’s something that deserves some sort of commendation, and a gold star simply isn’t enough. This collection goes well beyond what was seen in Season One to bring the best possible content to the show’s loyal fan base. Considering the fact that you get three different ways to view the season, along with the content, this set has some real bang for the buck going on.

Unfortunately, despite the hours of fantastic content, there are a few things missing. As with last season, there aren’t any deleted scenes, which is disappointing. However, I have a feeling we might get some in the hidden dragon eggs (wink, wink). Also, I would’ve liked to see a bit more “making-of” features. Blackwater is the only one we get, but it’s completely epic so I can’t complain too much. Lastly, where are the interviews with the Stark kids? Sure, they’re on the episode commentary, but no roundtable discussions or interviews. Can I get some Arya or Bran in my life? I guess not this year.

With the incredible attention to detail and near flawless content packed into this Blu-ray set, all I can really say is “Bring on Season Three”!

Grade: A+

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom