HBO's The Night Of

District of Columbia

formerly dcmade
Please tell me someone else watched the pilot On Demand :wow:

Just finished and I'm mad I have to wait until the 17th for the next episode ..dude made the most mistakes ever and it looks like a open and shut case. Going to be real interesting going forward how he tries to prove his innocence

I really enjoyed the first ep and I share the same sentiment about waiting for ep 2.

Unbelievable pilot. I could barely make it through in one sitting just from the intensity. I watched it two nights ago in bed and kept tossing and turning :lol:

Show is really good. I couldn't stop cringing. Dude made bad decision after bad decision.

Kind if wish I didn't watch so early. The wait is killing me and it's only been like a week.

Show is really good. I couldn't stop cringing. Dude made bad decision after bad decision.

Kind if wish I didn't watch so early. The wait is killing me and it's only been like a week.

Yea same here. I watched last night, my girl fell asleep towards the end but I finished. Was getting anxiety when the female officer was patting him down :smh: :lol: .

Mini-series definitely has potential.

So do yall think he did it? I feel like it's too obvious that he didn't, that the real twist would be if he did.

Bodie did say he was solo when he saw him, which he wasn't. So that may play a part.

Whats this show about

From creators Steven Zaillian and Richard Price, The Night Of is an eight-part limited series that delves into the intricate story of a fictitious murder case in New York City. The series follows the police investigation and legal proceedings, all the while examining the criminal justice system and the purgatory of Rikers Island, where the accused awaits his trial.

I watched this like a week ago :lol: and yeah it is frustrati g to wait so long for ep 2. Just yesterday I checked on demand to see if by chance they put it up :smh:

Anyway my thoughts on it I posted in the movie [emoji]127909[/emoji]/tv [emoji]128250[/emoji] thread

The Night Of is already supremely pissing me off.

This guy is getting railroaded by the cops and he is a monumental idiot.

When you talk about doing everything wrong when dealing with the police and being suspected (whether he did it or not), this kid did it.

Shame it looks like a black guy did it.

Bodie's boy probably did it given he lied about him. I can tell it'll take a while before Naz mentions that and they get to the bottom of that. If they even do.

Either that dude did it or Naz is dangerous on drugs :lol:

I was just frustrated watching. He could've walked right out the police station at key moments. Could've dumped that knife [emoji]128298[/emoji]a long while ago :smh:

Cosign on how the show goes through the steps of this process.

:lol: @ when Pino found out what he was about to be charged with. Thinking he knew the deal.

I watched this like a week ago :lol: and yeah it is frustrati g to wait so long for ep 2. Just yesterday I checked on demand to see if by chance they put it up :smh:

Anyway my thoughts on it I posted in the movie [emoji]127909[/emoji]/tv [emoji]128250[/emoji] thread
they did really emphasize the whole muslim/paki/terrorist thing with Naz and Bodie. Is that the only motivation, a hate crime? The random events that would have led to the framing were just too perfect, that's why I have a hard time thinking it was Bodie and/or his boy. Was the chick in on it and wanted to die? I got that I don't want to live anymore vibe from her kind of.

Last edited:
No way Naz did it man. He literally had no blood on his clothes. The entire room had blood everywhere which means whoever stabbed the chick would've had blood all over them

I don't think it was a framing or hate crime.

Bodie's man is probably just a psychopathic serial killer that killed ol girl just cuz or for some yet to be seen slight. I think it was just him. Bodie might suspect but wasn't there for it. He didn't mention dude cuz he probably a felon and he aint snitching.

Naz did the drugs with her, did the knife game thing, then he smashed. Son woke up in the kitchen. Who knows where else he roamed too high on drugs while dude slipped in and stabbed shorty up.

Its a crime of convienence. I feel like if dude had got in the bedroom and saw Naz sleeping there he'd be stabbed up too.

I was just joking about Naz being some crazed killer when on drugs :lol: but hey they could go there.

The girl did seem to me at first like we were going the suicidal angle but it changed. I highly doubt she wanted to die and Bodie and his boy were in on it to set Naz up. That's too coincidental and would need to be explained thoroughly to make sense and be a good story.

I just watched it again last night with subtitles on. A couple of huge takeaways that I didn't notice the first time around:

"I can't be alone tonight". I think Andrea knew something was gonna go down.

When she put the cat outside, the door didn't close all the way.

They never read him his Miranda rights.

The show is amazing. I'm just really upset that we all have to wait until the 17th to watch episode 2.

How about how the Cat ran into the street at the end of episode when his father stepped out ?

Something about how his Brother was acting rubbed me the wrong way too

Her not closing the door was key to how the murder went down.

As for the girl, I didn't pay attention to most of what she said cuz I thought it was stupid.

The Miranda rights are key if they never read them to him. Interview, DNA collected, the knife, etc. all fruits from the poisonous tree.

He told the attorney they did read him his right, but i just assumed it happened off screen. I definitely think there will be some issue with them holding him in the car though, maybe they read him his rights after detaining him in the car.

He told the attorney they did read him his right, but i just assumed it happened off screen. I definitely think there will be some issue with them holding him in the car though, maybe they read him his rights after detaining him in the car.
Same here. When Naz told him they had read him his rights I just assumed they did, hut I didn't realize that it never happened on screen.

Man I can't wait for the 17th.

Yeah :lol:

I love John Turturro, I'm trying to think how Gandolfini would have been in this role. Its safe to say Turturro will kill it though.

Last edited:
damn it this show has me hooked, after the throne ended im fiendin for something good.

now i gotta wait for so long for it to actually premier, watched it like 2 weeks ago.

Yeah this wait until episode 2 blows. Naz had so many opportunities to get off. Terrible choices, it hurt my soul watching it unfold lol. But me personally, I think shorty was into some next ish. Probably a call girl or something, she was too off the wall. My guess is she wanted out and a client or her pimp basically came and offed her. Like already said Naz had no blood on him. I doubt being that gone off liquor & substances would make a man do something that rational of cleaning up & passing out in the kitchen. He was placed there.

Back
Top Bottom