Head Coach Jason Kidd

i wonder if there's anything against the rules to allow someone to be an nba player and head coach at the same time

I don't think so. I do remember reading somewhere that Bill Russell was the player-coach for the C's at one time. And I think there are a lot more to that list than Russell. I ain't sure if it's happened in the modern era though.

what did u guys see from shaws playing career that makes u think he would be such a great coach?  not saying he wont but it seems like a lotta of u are jumping on his bandwagon just cause its the thing to do

It's usually those who weren't star players that turn out to be great coaches. (i.e. When Phil Jackson won his as a player, he was a bench player)

I think the usual explanation as to why the non-star players are better coaches is that they spend a lot of time on the bench, with the coaching staff. And they say you see the game from a different perspective from the bench rather than being on the court.

I Dont think this ends well for the Nets...

Me neither.

Didn't Deron say him and Kidd are like bff's? Dudes go golfing together, train together, hang out with each others families.

Now you're telling me Derons gonna have to be coached and yelled at by one of his closest friends? Just seems like an awkward situation to me :lol:

How would you feel if one of you're good friends became your boss outta no where? Jus seems kinda...weird. But hey, if they can do it then more power to them :lol:

lawrence frank getting 2M as an assistant :nerd: money aint a thing to prokh
might as well bring in avery and pj as assts as well :lol:

roll.gif

This thread now has an added element of lulz

Back
Top Bottom