Headed to Seoul, South Korea next month vol. Going to SNSD's concert

^^ who says im Asian?? haha well you are correct im Viet

and I will most def say hi to Taengoo for you.

check out the gom tv studio.
pimp.gif

Check out Dongdaemun and Myeongdong for shopping. Myeondong will be flooded with people if you go during the day. Gangnam and Apgujeong are more upscale areas with bigger and more expensive clubs.
Party in Hongdae(Mansion, M2, Noise basement), Itaewon(Rococo, Luv, Volume), or Gangnam(Answer, Eden, Heaven). Check out Insadong and Samcheon Dong for art shops, boutiques, cafes and scenic walking. Visit hyehwa if you want to see a theater show and Namdaemun market to pick up all kinds of random souvenirs.

I also suggest that you eat a ton of korean barbecue. Galbi is my favorite. Many of the soups are also delicious. Kamgyetang, Samgyetang and Kimchi jigae are all good. And make sure to drink plenty of soju(mixed with Aloe is great if you hate the taste of it straight).

Check out Dongdaemun and Myeongdong for shopping. Myeondong will be flooded with people if you go during the day. Gangnam and Apgujeong are more upscale areas with bigger and more expensive clubs.
Party in Hongdae(Mansion, M2, Noise basement), Itaewon(Rococo, Luv, Volume), or Gangnam(Answer, Eden, Heaven). Check out Insadong and Samcheon Dong for art shops, boutiques, cafes and scenic walking. Visit hyehwa if you want to see a theater show and Namdaemun market to pick up all kinds of random souvenirs.

I also suggest that you eat a ton of korean barbecue. Galbi is my favorite. Many of the soups are also delicious. Kamgyetang, Samgyetang and Kimchi jigae are all good. And make sure to drink plenty of soju(mixed with Aloe is great if you hate the taste of it straight).

I was in Seoul for about a 9 hour layover a few weeks ago... I just stayed at the Hilton next to the airport but I did not want to leave. I'm hoping to go back soon...

I was in Seoul for about a 9 hour layover a few weeks ago... I just stayed at the Hilton next to the airport but I did not want to leave. I'm hoping to go back soon...

I live in Seoul, Korea now. Am an English teacher over here. Depends what you want to do?? It's mad fun over here though, but basically everything is impossible to do since no one speaks ANY English. However, the subway is cake to use and you can go EVERYWHERE in Seoul on it. You'll never be more than 10 minutes from a stop.

On the weekends:
I'd suggest Hongdae (Hongnik University Station line 2, exit 9) for getting it poppin on Friday and Saturday. Don't waste your time and go to Itaewon at night, there are way too many foreigners there for the most part. It's great to go during the day and evening though to eat food and relax.

If you are here two weeks I'd highly suggest taking the bus (from Gangbyeon station line 2, bus terminal is across the street) to Sokcho and visiting Seoraksan. It is the best sightseeing by far in Korea. Gorgeous, exhausting hike and well worth the view at the top. Koreans live hiking so it'd be best to pick a random Wednesday or something to go. Definitely an all day or overnight trip.

Depends where you are staying, I can give you a lot more info on what to do/where to go. Shopping/random craziness is fun at Myeongdong station. Just a lot of street shopping etc. Namsan tower (Seoul tower) is also there.

I live in Seoul, Korea now. Am an English teacher over here. Depends what you want to do?? It's mad fun over here though, but basically everything is impossible to do since no one speaks ANY English. However, the subway is cake to use and you can go EVERYWHERE in Seoul on it. You'll never be more than 10 minutes from a stop.

On the weekends:
I'd suggest Hongdae (Hongnik University Station line 2, exit 9) for getting it poppin on Friday and Saturday. Don't waste your time and go to Itaewon at night, there are way too many foreigners there for the most part. It's great to go during the day and evening though to eat food and relax.

If you are here two weeks I'd highly suggest taking the bus (from Gangbyeon station line 2, bus terminal is across the street) to Sokcho and visiting Seoraksan. It is the best sightseeing by far in Korea. Gorgeous, exhausting hike and well worth the view at the top. Koreans live hiking so it'd be best to pick a random Wednesday or something to go. Definitely an all day or overnight trip.

Depends where you are staying, I can give you a lot more info on what to do/where to go. Shopping/random craziness is fun at Myeongdong station. Just a lot of street shopping etc. Namsan tower (Seoul tower) is also there.

I would LOVE to have some Korean food right now... whatever that cold noodle dish is called + bibimbap. 
frown.gif

I would LOVE to have some Korean food right now... whatever that cold noodle dish is called + bibimbap. 
frown.gif

the best thing you can possibly do at this point is go to a bookstore and grab a few tour books from various publishers, and start piecing together a list.

the best thing you can possibly do at this point is go to a bookstore and grab a few tour books from various publishers, and start piecing together a list.

Hit up the Mario Outlets, good finds there. I think it's on Lines 1 & 7 for the subway, station is Gasan Digital Complex. Kinda on the outskirts of the city though. Theres a premium outlet mall in Yeoju but it's about an hour bus ride from Gangnam bus terminal and there's nothing else out there. Try and find a spot that serves bosintang... oh and buy an umbrella.

Hit up the Mario Outlets, good finds there. I think it's on Lines 1 & 7 for the subway, station is Gasan Digital Complex. Kinda on the outskirts of the city though. Theres a premium outlet mall in Yeoju but it's about an hour bus ride from Gangnam bus terminal and there's nothing else out there. Try and find a spot that serves bosintang... oh and buy an umbrella.

Have fun there buddy.
pimp.gif
Update us about your trip there and if ever, provide pics from the concert.

Hope SNSD does not perform here in the PI just 'cause they'll gain a lot of haters here.
laugh.gif

They've gone under the knife but I still like them.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Have fun there buddy.
pimp.gif
Update us about your trip there and if ever, provide pics from the concert.

Hope SNSD does not perform here in the PI just 'cause they'll gain a lot of haters here.
laugh.gif

They've gone under the knife but I still like them.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

take pics of the girls for us man,

im jealous, hopefully in the future,

or if they perform here in singapore
smile.gif

take pics of the girls for us man,

im jealous, hopefully in the future,

or if they perform here in singapore
smile.gif