Heat-streak question: If they win out...?

What happens if the Heat win out and start next regular season? Does the streak continue? :nerd:

IMO it's kind of pointless to count consecutive regular season wins into next season if they lose games in the playoffs.

IMO it's kind of pointless to count consecutive regular season wins into next season if they lose games in the playoffs.

They count consecutive games played, or consecutive 20 PPG, I think it's something worth considering.

IMO it would only continue if they swept all the playoff series.

Yup once they lose a game in the playoffs, be it maybe just one game it ends the streak in most peoples eyes. Would be one hell of a streak.

Well it's not an opinion. The stat is consecutive regular seasons wins not consecutive regulations season wins while sweeping the playoffs

Misunderstood the title...Yeah the streak continues until next season if they win out the reg season.

Well it's not an opinion. The stat is consecutive regular seasons wins not consecutive regulations season wins while sweeping the playoffs

Was the Laker Streak all in the regular season? If so I get the feeling that some people are trying to call it a consecutive regular season streak which I think is stupid

It's silly to count the Playoff games too, because it's a different situation.

People will still count their number of games won, but if they lose a game in the Playoffs, that shouldn't count against hteir regular season streak.

Was the Laker Streak all in the regular season? If so I get the feeling that some people are trying to call it a consecutive regular season streak which I think is stupid

No, it was smack dab in the middle of the season. They eventually lost to the Milwaukee Bucks by 16.

No different than the Patriots reg. season win streak that carried over the following year

Just a regular season streak seems kinda dumb though. I mean what if they get bounced from the playoffs what meaning does the streak have?

Just a regular season streak seems kinda dumb though. I mean what if they get bounced from the playoffs what meaning does the streak have?

Because they have the second best winning streak in sports history, that's what.

This isn't the NFL season where it's theoretically possible to win every single game and int he Playoffs.

The NFL is win or go home. The NBA isn't.

Last edited:
Because they have the second best winning streak in sports history, that's what.

This isn't the NFL season where it's theoretically possible to win every single game and int he Playoffs.

The NFL is win or go home. The NBA isn't.

IM not talking about the consecutive games they are currently winning that is a very impressive streak but if they finish out with say 40 wins and then get bounced in the second round of the playoffs then next season they pick up with 41 wins just seems to not have much meaning

IM not talking about the consecutive games they are currently winning that is a very impressive streak but if they finish out with say 40 wins and then get bounced in the second round of the playoffs then next season they pick up with 41 wins just seems to not have much meaning

Ok and if you win 81 games in a row and get bounced what's the meaning? It's a record. If someone scores 101 points in a loss they still have the record. I'm not sure what's being debated in here. It's not even an opinion :lol:

Ok and if you win 81 games in a row and get bounced what's the meaning? It's a record. If someone scores 101 points in a loss they still have the record. I'm not sure what's being debated in here. It's not even an opinion :lol:

Right but that record is consecutive so of course it has significant meaning. A streak broken up by losses doesnt sound much like a consecutive streak if you ask me. It sounds like a streak with a stipulation

Right but that record is consecutive so of course it has significant meaning. A streak broken up by losses doesnt sound much like a consecutive streak if you ask me. It sounds like a streak with a stipulation
Yes. And that stipulation is wins occur in the Regular season :lol: Just like if Denver wins 30 straight home games. If they lost on the road that doesn't take away the record.

Back
Top Bottom