comment.png
comment(5)
email.png
email
print.png
print Facebook Twitter rss

By Craig Morgan
FOXSportsArizona.com

New Phoenix Suns forward Hedo Turkoglu took aim at his former team, the Toronto Raptors, and their general manager, Bryan Colangelo, this weekend.

“People have to realize something is wrong with that organization and nobody wants to go there any more,†he said in a phone interview from Turkey, where he is captaining the Turkish national team at the World Championships. “It’s not just the players who see this.â€

Turkoglu’s remarks were sparked by Colangelo’s recent criticism of former Raptors teammate Chris Bosh. Colangelo accused Bosh of “checking out†last season while the Raptors were battling the Chicago Bulls for the final Eastern Conference playoff spot.

Bosh, an unrestricted free agent who left the Raptors earlier this month to join LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, missed six games after the All-Star break with an ankle injury.

"Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like he needed to sit,†Colangelo told Toronto station FAN 590. “I'm not even questioning Chris' injury. I'm telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn't there and he chose not to play.

"Whether he was mentally checked out or just wasn't quite into it down the stretch, he wasn't the same guy. I think everybody saw that, but no one wanted to acknowledge it."

Turkoglu insisted Bosh was a good teammate.

“It’s funny that people will talk behind your back,†Turkoglu said of Colangelo. “If he was feeling this way, why not have the guts to say it during the season? Why not say it to Chris? Now that Chris has left, it’s not nice to say those things.

“Chris has been a franchise player and he did a lot of good things for the Raptors,†Turkoglu added. “I don’t think Chris is the type of player to quit on his teammates.â€

Turkoglu had his own issues with the Raptors. A year ago, Toronto signed him as a free agent, believing his versatility was the missing piece to creating an Eastern Conference contender. The year before, Turkoglu helped the Orlando Magic reach the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Lakers.

But Turkoglu quickly fell out of favor in Toronto, facing criticism for being out of shape and unmotivated.

His former agent and the Suns’ current president of basketball operations, Lon Babby, said Turkoglu never got his legs under him in Toronto after a long postseason run and a summer spent playing for the Turkish national team in preparation for this year’s World Championships.

Turkoglu added that the chemistry in Toronto was never right and the Raptors never used his talents properly.

“I don’t have to talk any more about it for me because it’s past now,†he said. “I don’t care any more what people say about me because I’ve got other things to worry about.â€

But Turkoglu was clearly miffed by Colangelo’s comments.

“I just don’t understand why you would say these things,†he said. “Like I said, that organization has problems.â€

When told of Turkoglu’s comments, Colangelo refused to engage in a war of words

“Toronto is a world class city, the Raptors are a terrific organization and we have tremendous basketball fans that recognize and appreciate hard work and a commitment to winning from management and players alike,†he said.

“I still consider Hedo a friend in this business and wish him well again in Phoenix.â€

roll.gif

[h1]Turkoglu takes a shot at Raptors, Colangelo[/h1]

Recommend
comment.png
comment(5)
email.png
email
print.png
print Facebook Twitter rss

By Craig Morgan
FOXSportsArizona.com

New Phoenix Suns forward Hedo Turkoglu took aim at his former team, the Toronto Raptors, and their general manager, Bryan Colangelo, this weekend.

“People have to realize something is wrong with that organization and nobody wants to go there any more,†he said in a phone interview from Turkey, where he is captaining the Turkish national team at the World Championships. “It’s not just the players who see this.â€

Turkoglu’s remarks were sparked by Colangelo’s recent criticism of former Raptors teammate Chris Bosh. Colangelo accused Bosh of “checking out†last season while the Raptors were battling the Chicago Bulls for the final Eastern Conference playoff spot.

Bosh, an unrestricted free agent who left the Raptors earlier this month to join LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, missed six games after the All-Star break with an ankle injury.

"Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like he needed to sit,†Colangelo told Toronto station FAN 590. “I'm not even questioning Chris' injury. I'm telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn't there and he chose not to play.

"Whether he was mentally checked out or just wasn't quite into it down the stretch, he wasn't the same guy. I think everybody saw that, but no one wanted to acknowledge it."

Turkoglu insisted Bosh was a good teammate.

“It’s funny that people will talk behind your back,†Turkoglu said of Colangelo. “If he was feeling this way, why not have the guts to say it during the season? Why not say it to Chris? Now that Chris has left, it’s not nice to say those things.

“Chris has been a franchise player and he did a lot of good things for the Raptors,†Turkoglu added. “I don’t think Chris is the type of player to quit on his teammates.â€

Turkoglu had his own issues with the Raptors. A year ago, Toronto signed him as a free agent, believing his versatility was the missing piece to creating an Eastern Conference contender. The year before, Turkoglu helped the Orlando Magic reach the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Lakers.

But Turkoglu quickly fell out of favor in Toronto, facing criticism for being out of shape and unmotivated.

His former agent and the Suns’ current president of basketball operations, Lon Babby, said Turkoglu never got his legs under him in Toronto after a long postseason run and a summer spent playing for the Turkish national team in preparation for this year’s World Championships.

Turkoglu added that the chemistry in Toronto was never right and the Raptors never used his talents properly.

“I don’t have to talk any more about it for me because it’s past now,†he said. “I don’t care any more what people say about me because I’ve got other things to worry about.â€

But Turkoglu was clearly miffed by Colangelo’s comments.

“I just don’t understand why you would say these things,†he said. “Like I said, that organization has problems.â€

When told of Turkoglu’s comments, Colangelo refused to engage in a war of words

“Toronto is a world class city, the Raptors are a terrific organization and we have tremendous basketball fans that recognize and appreciate hard work and a commitment to winning from management and players alike,†he said.

“I still consider Hedo a friend in this business and wish him well again in Phoenix.â€

roll.gif

Toronto is a great basketball city, but there is no question that the organization is in a bind at the moment. While colangelo is in charge, i would assume that the raptors are not at the top of players wish list.

Toronto is a great basketball city, but there is no question that the organization is in a bind at the moment. While colangelo is in charge, i would assume that the raptors are not at the top of players wish list.

All I know is this is the same guy who came to training camp with breasts and a double chin and then proceeded to not participate in training camp because he was tired. He ran three point line to three point line, and phoned it in for half the season and only tried for the last two games, he then proceeded to blame the coaches for his performance. He came to a game and said he was sick, he took the rest of the night off...until he was seen at a club later that night.

He is a deplorable person on every level, but Colangelo's comments were embarrassing and butt hurt, and he will fired at the end of his contract.

Here i a sum up of Hedo's tenure.

All I know is this is the same guy who came to training camp with breasts and a double chin and then proceeded to not participate in training camp because he was tired. He ran three point line to three point line, and phoned it in for half the season and only tried for the last two games, he then proceeded to blame the coaches for his performance. He came to a game and said he was sick, he took the rest of the night off...until he was seen at a club later that night.

He is a deplorable person on every level, but Colangelo's comments were embarrassing and butt hurt, and he will fired at the end of his contract.

Here i a sum up of Hedo's tenure.

Turkoglu has no room to talk. He forced his way out of Toronto after completely dogging it for an entire season. Shouldn't have let his wife make that decision for him last year. Colangelo took the high road on this one. Could have destroyed Hedo's reputation for his behavior in Toronto.

Turkoglu has no room to talk. He forced his way out of Toronto after completely dogging it for an entire season. Shouldn't have let his wife make that decision for him last year. Colangelo took the high road on this one. Could have destroyed Hedo's reputation for his behavior in Toronto.

Nobody wants to play in Toronto? I'm shocked.

But coming off that season he just had... Hedo might wanna chill.
grin.gif

Nobody wants to play in Toronto? I'm shocked.

But coming off that season he just had... Hedo might wanna chill.
grin.gif

Well he has a point....Damon Stoudemire wanted out, Vince phoned in, Bosh bolted, Hedo was never satisfied, something has to be wrong with the team.....

The city on the otherhand is
pimp.gif

Well he has a point....Damon Stoudemire wanted out, Vince phoned in, Bosh bolted, Hedo was never satisfied, something has to be wrong with the team.....

The city on the otherhand is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom