Hell Hath No Fury: Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The best production work the Neptune's have ever done and one of the best produced albums ever. I like Lord Willin but to Hell Hath no Fury is one of the purest and best conceived hip hop albums ever.

Seriously, Lord Willin is nice but...sonically, lyrically it's NOT Hell Hath no Fury, it's so good that despite it's gritty street content, that it reached a very large audience of people who would never listen to hiphop let alone hardcore cocain rap, just because the production was so inventive and perfectly fit a the images the Thornton bros were trying to create.

Seriosuly middle aged white girls who have heard HHNF through my headphones and told me they loved that album, or my teacher hearing it and wanting to know what cd it was. IT'S THAT NICE.
98c1z8.jpg

The Neptunes are my fav musicians and I consider this album one of their greatest career achievements (because of how DIFFERENT it sounds from 95% of their catalogue aka "The Neptune Sound").

"Ride Around Shining" is one of the simplest/grimiest/darkest hip-hop beats I've ever heard...
pimp.gif

& lyrically, The Brothers (ESPECIALLY Pusha) are > on this than LW...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Easily the most overrated album on Niketalk
laugh.gif
Co-Sign... (To an extent)

But its STILLVERY good album...

& I think Lord Willin' is OVERRATED on NT also...

LW = 4.5/5
HHNF = 4.66/5

"Hello New World" is only one of the best songs EVER tho...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Easily the most overrated album on Niketalk
laugh.gif
Co-Sign... (To an extent)

But its STILLVERY good album...

& I think Lord Willin' is OVERRATED on NT also...

LW = 4.5/5
HHNF = 4.66/5

The best production work the Neptune's have ever done and one of the best produced albums ever. I like Lord Willin but to Hell Hath no Fury is one of the purest and best conceived hip hop albums ever.

Seriously, Lord Willin is nice but...sonically, lyrically it's NOT Hell Hath no Fury, it's so good that despite it's gritty street content, that it reached a very large audience of people who would never listen to hiphop let alone hardcore cocain rap, just because the production was so inventive and perfectly fit a the images the Thornton bros were trying to create.

Seriosuly middle aged white girls who have heard HHNF through my headphones and told me they loved that album, or my teacher hearing it and wanting to know what cd it was. IT'S THAT NICE.

Does 78 K in the first week qualify as a "large audience"? C'mon man, you making it seem like everyone and their mother listened to this who never listened to hip-hop and they didn't. The Clipse aren't A-list artists in hip-hop much less music, and they are popular among their hardcore fans, not the average dude who throws on music on the speakers. This album, is well done. But airmaxpenny and Harlem are right in saying it's a bit overrated on this forum.

Does 78 K in the first week qualify as a "large audience"? C'mon man, you making it seem like everyone and their mother listened to this who never listened to hip-hop and they didn't. The Clipse aren't A-list artists in hip-hop much less music, and they are popular among their hardcore fans, not the average dude who throws on music on the speakers. This album, is well done. But airmaxpenny and Harlem are right in saying it's a bit overrated on this forum.

"Peel money rolls until our thumbs get the paper cuts"

My personal favorite artists. They will NEVER be widely recognized. Kanye was on their first single for Till the Casket Drops and only did 31k in the first week. I try to put people on
frown.gif

"Peel money rolls until our thumbs get the paper cuts"

My personal favorite artists. They will NEVER be widely recognized. Kanye was on their first single for Till the Casket Drops and only did 31k in the first week. I try to put people on
frown.gif

I got into my first car crash listening to Chinese New Year.. I think a min into it

sick.gif

I got into my first car crash listening to Chinese New Year.. I think a min into it

sick.gif

Overrated on this forum? it's not only overrated by us I guess it's also overrated by the entire music writers community.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/hell-hath-no-fury

89/100 on meta critic, it was the 4th best rated album ANY GENRE, in 2006

http://www.metacritic.com...c&year_selected=2006

everybody, we all overrating it, it's if you don;t like it but putting the overrated stamp on just because you do get is silly.

also no rap album since it's release has better reviews.
pimp.gif

I'm not saying these are some tome handed down by god, I'm just to pretend that it's only NIKETALK that thinks of this album this highly, you are fooling yourself.

Overrated on this forum? it's not only overrated by us I guess it's also overrated by the entire music writers community.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/hell-hath-no-fury

89/100 on meta critic, it was the 4th best rated album ANY GENRE, in 2006

http://www.metacritic.com...c&year_selected=2006

everybody, we all overrating it, it's if you don;t like it but putting the overrated stamp on just because you do get is silly.

also no rap album since it's release has better reviews.
pimp.gif

I'm not saying these are some tome handed down by god, I'm just to pretend that it's only NIKETALK that thinks of this album this highly, you are fooling yourself.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Funny, I was going to make my 5th appreciation post for "Hello New World" when I came in and saw this
laugh.gif

Times-a-wasting, _'s doin so much hatin
Free ya heart, and show ya greatness
I, like you, had to come from up under the basement
Just like you, had Satan tryin my patience
Still you look at me through jealous eyes
I wish to see all my _'s rise up!
Get that money, put them 9s up
Piggy-back out the ghetto for times up!
_'S RUSH!

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Funny, I was going to make my 5th appreciation post for "Hello New World" when I came in and saw this
laugh.gif

Times-a-wasting, _'s doin so much hatin
Free ya heart, and show ya greatness
I, like you, had to come from up under the basement
Just like you, had Satan tryin my patience
Still you look at me through jealous eyes
I wish to see all my _'s rise up!
Get that money, put them 9s up
Piggy-back out the ghetto for times up!
_'S RUSH!

sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Funny I remember a lot of NT hating on the Pharrell's production of this album when it first released.

Anyways, great album.
pimp.gif

Pitchfork also rated this album a 9.1

Funny I remember a lot of NT hating on the Pharrell's production of this album when it first released.

Anyways, great album.
pimp.gif

Pitchfork also rated this album a 9.1

Back
Top Bottom