HELP ME BUY A GOOD LAPTOP

Going to use it for mostly general stuff (music,videos) and college stuff too. Need something with battery life more than average, needs to have good display and specs. Not trying to go over 700$.

Help me out guys. Barely know anything about that this stuff

So music, videos, and things like writing papers/answering emails?

Don't get a laptop. Get a surface tablet. When it comes to tech, you have three categories to choose from: Fast, Cheap, Features. But you only get to choose two.

You won't be able to find a laptop with good (subjective) battery life, display, and specs for under $700. If you're set on a laptop though, I'd say try for an HP Envy. It's a decent machine for your dollar and its pretty lightweight too.

go to bestbuy/frys and see what they have then if you don't know what you want.

those sales associates are eager to make commission so they'll guide you through the purchasing process. 

I would say Dell Vostro 3550, but IDK if they still make them. I love mine and it's lasted 3 years.

I paid $540 and another $100 for ssd.

dont get a huge screen unlesss its a touchscreen laptop, and if youre getting a touch screen laptop.....i dont know why you'd want one lol

make sure you're COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE with using and feeling the mousepad/touchpad on the laptop. counteless time friensd of mines ask me to troubleshoot/fix/clean their machines and i dread it because of the dumb *** mousepad being all weird.

learn how to upkeep it; windows updates, FREE anti-virus/malware scanner (avg free and malwarebytes free), 

get something you dont mind carrying. 

dassit

You want above average battery, great specs, and good display for no more than $700? Not happening.

cop some laptop on black friday.  Asus and dell makes the best PC laptops IMO

I'm a tech guy.

The Acer posted above looks like a pretty good deal, and Acer support has always been good to me.  But If you can, try to hold off till Black Friday.

Based on what you're telling us you're looking for something that meets Intel's Ultrabook standards.  There are a few, but not many, of those for <$700 now but I guarantee you there will be a few on sale during Black Friday.

Just look for an Intel Ultrabook (TM) label and you should have yourself a pretty decent machine.  The MS Surface is pretty cool but it's just not there yet as a primary computer.

Don't sweat the Mac. Beautiful machines but the premium just isn't worth it IMO. 

I'm a tech guy.

The Acer posted above looks like a pretty good deal, and Acer support has always been good to me.  But If you can, try to hold off till Black Friday.

Based on what you're telling us you're looking for something that meets Intel's Ultrabook standards.  There are a few, but not many, of those for

Almost forgot, Fujitsu's are very reliable and easily upgradeable if you take good care of it.

Back
Top Bottom